Proof the CFP is about the "best" teams not the "most deserving"

UTFranklinVol

I knew it was true and called it before it happened. FSU was never going to be in the CFP

Georgia stomping FSU into a mud hole is proof they never belonged in the CFP. People saying "an undefeated P5 team MUST go is total BS in a world where there's only 2 'real' P5 football conferences.

The reality is the CFP should have taken both Bama and Georgia.

Like Ricky Bobby said if you're not in the SEC, your LAST.

I knew it was true and called it before it happened. FSU was never going to be in the CFP

Georgia stomping FSU into a mud hole is proof they never belonged in the CFP. People saying "an undefeated P5 team MUST go is total BS in a world where there's only 2 'real' P5 football conferences.

You do realize FSU has one starter playing on defense tonight right? And defense was their bread and butter. And the original starting qb transferred so they are playing with a third stringer. I loathe FSU but thinking they didn’t deserve to be in the playoff is a terrible take. Money and popularity have become the focus and Division one football will continue to become more and more corrupt.

CFP debate aside, this is not the FSU team that we saw the first 10 weeks of the season. Their top 2 QBs are out and they’ve had like 30 opt outs for this game. They are getting worked but not representative of what they were for most of the year. Remember FSU whipped LSU this year. At full strength they were a very good team

I think the biggest issue everyone has is if they weren’t going to put FSU into the CFP then why have them ranked 4th going into championship weekend? Why not have them 5th or 6th if you already know you are putting in other teams ahead of them? You can’t tell me a Texas win over a mediocre Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship was the big difference so go ahead and rank them accordingly. And for them to drop Georgia 1 to 6 after a 3 point loss to Alabama on a neutral field was pretty absurd. The committee brought all the controversy on themselves by having FSU ranked 4th going into the last weekend and also going against how they ranked the top teams all year. I know spots are limited and you can make a case for multiple teams but the committee mishandled everything about it. If you have FSU pegged where you think they should be going into the final weekend then there really isn’t much controversy.

You do realize FSU has one starter playing on defense tonight right? And defense was their bread and butter. And the original starting qb transferred so they are playing with a third stringer. I loathe FSU but thinking they didn’t deserve to be in the playoff is a terrible take. Money and popularity have become the focus and Division one football will continue to become more and more corrupt.
FSU never had a chance. Starters or not. If you let them in you might as well let in liberty. ACC is piss weak thus year.

if this was a CFP game with Rodemaker at QB it would be competitive. Stop with the fake news narrative please and thank you.

FSU was robbed. Winning games doesn’t matter. Period end of story.
Kind of proved the committees whole point didn’t you? Injuries matter. FSU would’ve been a joke in the top 4. I suppose you think liberty deserved it also.

I am eagerlyl awaiting for the Michigan-Alabama game. Bama is going to win this one.

Kind of proved the committees whole point didn’t you? Injuries matter. FSU would’ve been a joke in the top 4. I suppose you think liberty deserved it also.
Stop with the liberty garbage. That is so weak sauce. P5 undefeated conference champ doesn’t deserve to be left out of the CFP period end of story.

CFP debate aside, this is not the FSU team that we saw the first 10 weeks of the season. Their top 2 QBs are out and they’ve had like 30 opt outs for this game. They are getting worked but not representative of what they were for most of the year. Remember FSU whipped LSU this year. At full strength they were a very good team
Pretty simple to me:
Both teams had a case for the playoffs.
One chose to whine and threaten to sue and so forth.
The other chose to embrace the moment and make a statement.
Georgia is missing key players just like FSU is. The difference is in the character of the team.
Georgia is making their case and FSU mailed it in from the time they weren’t chosen for the playoffs.
They would’ve gotten rolled anyway

Fsu didn't deserve to go. Their coaches knew it, their players knew it and now their fans know it even though they won't admit it. FSU isn't even a top 15 team.

Fsu didn't deserve to go. Their coaches knew it, their players knew it and now their fans know it even though they won't admit it. FSU isn't even a top 15 team.
How does bama deserve to go over Fsu ? Win and you’re in. It ain’t complicated. Don’t lose an early season game at home. Again it’s simple.

I fully agree!

Stop with the liberty garbage. That is so weak sauce. P5 undefeated conference champ doesn’t deserve to be left out of the CFP period end of story.
Best and “deserve” are two different things. Most new college grads think they “deserve” a 100k salary with their 4 year business degree entering the workforce. The only thing garbage is the conference FSU plays in. There are at least 4 teams in the SEC better than FSU. That doesn’t even factor in Washington or Michigan.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
Best and “deserve” are two different things. Most new college grads think they “deserve” a 100k salary with their 4 year business degree entering the workforce. The only thing garbage is the conference FSU plays in. There are at least 4 teams in the SEC better than FSU. That doesn’t even factor in Washington or Michigan.
How do you explain the fact that bama got beat by a TX team who got beat by ok who got trucked by AZ in their bowl game ? I seriously want to hear this take.

Reactions: 007Racer
Dude P5 don't mean sh!t anymore! Get with the times! ACC ain't no P5 conference I don't care what there designation is. Also the "New" Big12 in 2024 and what's left of the Pac12 are in no way shape or form P5 conferences either. It's a meaningless designation at this point.

There is a P2 now and those teams are all that matters now in college football. This is the new world.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
That is all pure subjective opinion. FSU won every game on their schedule in a P5 conference and best 2 SEC teams to get there.

If bama and TX were both undefeated I would have no prob with FSU getting left out.

But again winning games clearly doesn’t matter.

If true why isn't Georgia in it?

Reactions: hUTch2002
Dude P5 don't mean sh!t anymore! Get with the times! ACC ain't no P5 conference I don't care what there designation is. Also the "New" Big12 in 2024 and what's left of the Pac12 are in no way shape or form P5 conferences either. It's a meaningless designation at this point.

There is a P2 now and those teams are all that matters now in college football. This is the new world.
You do realize that one of FSU’s wins was at FL without their QB, the same one the mighty SEC Vols lost to.

And they also beat LSU.

THAT IS NOT A LIBERTY SCHEDULE I AM HERE TO TELL ALL OF Y’ALL

That is all pure subjective opinion. FSU won every game on their schedule in a P5 conference and best 2 SEC teams to get there.

If bama and TX were both undefeated I would have no prob with FSU getting left out.

But again winning games clearly doesn’t matter.
P5 conference is a meaningless designation now. I'm not impressed by that. You're living in 2019. Its the SEC and B10 and literally nothing else matters.

VN Store

Back