President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

The cost is irrelevant in the grand scheme - but it’s cheaper to inventory them than it is to dispose of them.

And there is nothing wrong, imo, with a society choosing to employ capital punishment for selected crimes - I have no moral objection to it, in theory.

I have a moral objection to a system that gets it wrong, and executes innocent people - Our system gets it wrong, and executes innocent people.

I cannot support that.
There is not system that will guarantee 100% guilt.. even confessions are questionable

Reactions: EasternVol
There is not system that will guarantee 100% guilt.. even confessions are questionable
Of course.

False Confession is as old as man.
False Witness is as old as man.
And Man (law enforcement) is fallible.

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt is a perfectly reasonable burden for a finding of guilt the vast majority of the time.

It’s not good enough for capital punishment.

Of course.

False Confession is as old as man.
False Witness is as old as man.
And Man (law enforcement) is fallible.

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt is a perfectly reasonable burden for a finding of guilt the vast majority of the time.

It’s not good enough for capital punishment.

Well put.

That last part was pretty sad pandering to our dumbest. He seems confused on the demonstrators' demographics.
I wonder what he thinks of the First Amendment. Probably thinks it's Marxist.
I haven’t kept up with much of the campus protests, but my understanding is that a lot of it is based in antisemitism.
If this is the case, would you be supportive of skinheads doing the same thing with their efforts being directed at blacks and other non-whites?

What’s wrong with putting a child rapist to death? Why waste tax dollars with a lifetime in prison where they get free meals and all the drugs they want?
The incarceration process is what needs to be changed. Bring back a Chateau D'if kind of thing. There are plenty of very isolated islands off the coast of western Alaska that would make fine prisons. Or put them in a 6x8 cell 23 hours a day. Once a year on the anniversary of their crime, give them a rope to play with for a day.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

VN Store

Back