Potpourri

both great songs
here's an artist I have been listening to lately,,,check out what she does too an old Phil Collins song and an Aerosmith classic

Reactions: Rooster1
Been too long since I visited this site, apologize to the dude….here is a great folk song/love song from back in the day by Phoebe Snow, absolutely puts you into a nice mellow mood every time you hear it, …..enjoy @glv98
know you like folk, even Yankee folk 😉 sublime….

Brought back some wonderful memories. Thank you Roo!

one of greatest Southern Rock Band chill songs ever….RIP Gregg, the southern slide guitar is the best courtesy of Dickie Betts.

Saw this one live at Wolftrap DC loop. Saw a dude selling acid under a tree on the way in. Overcoat type presentation opening like a flasher. Was with my dad and younger brother and sister. Made note, found our seats on the lawn and enjoyed the show. Really enjoyed the show. When that first leftie came by, I took a hard draw. Passed it to my sister and she did likewise. Dad didn’t seem too disturbed. As we left, we passed acid selling dude passed out under tree. Made the evening complete!

This one’s for you, Roo:

Thx Chuck, one of my favs. It’s a constant go to for me when I need some positive waves man…That’s Toy Caldwell’s song, younger brother sang the hit, didn’t get to sing enough imo. Great singer, had some blues in his voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Chuckie, I place Tull in a different class than heavy metal. Unique to be sure, and rock obviously, but not heavy metal. The flute was so good in their music wasn’t it?
I certainly would never place Ian Anderson’s eclectic British folk/ progressive in the genre of heavy metal. But the Grammy’s board of voters did in 1989. The joke was on them… 😉😎

Reactions: creekdipper
@chuckiepoo
Going where Schtick business started
Think you was just having fun.
Unstand some joking over bad English sentences.

But haven't been drunk or drunk a beer. Like said only had parts of wine cooler two times both times Didn't drink more than half of one. One those a freind gave it me he said it was a kind of favor soda pop. Drink half before I knew what it was. Have used a small sip of Whiskey for sore throat. Few times.
And whiskey help my throat.
Not knoting those who have been drunk.

For Record Im a male same at birth.
Since more one said they didn't know.

I live in rural part of Tennessee county.
They are a few houses in this area about Five of fifty I'm not been in but know everyone those houses are new but their families are not new to the area.

Proud of my two grandfather's who service in WW 2 One died in WW2.
The other got talk to many times. Have others family who service in WW 2
And just family member who service in the sevety a consin still alive.
People thinking Schtick makes me want to call him thank him for his service.
That said makes piss off when I shared a little about my family War Service.
I not step foot on arm forces base
But still dam proud of family who have served.

And mudcat nickname is for one of my favorite fish being bull head catfish .

I

I will add this one from the late great Eddie Hinton. He played a major role, as a session musician and songwriter in creating the Muscle shoals sound and crossed paths with Allman Brothers on many occasions. Never quite found the solo fame he deserved.

Chuckie, I place Tull in a different class than heavy metal. Unique to be sure, and rock obviously, but not heavy metal. The flute was so good in their music wasn’t it?
I've been to a lot of concerts in my day, including the Stones and the Dead, but my all time favorite was seeing Tull in New Haven Ct in the early seventies. Favorite song, Locomotive Breath. Flute solo is one of my favorite solos of all time.

I love all my Tenn fans, but when it comes to music, they post stuff from artists I had never heard before. Not knocking any of it, just seems the good Tenn folks have their own favorites most of the rest of us have not heard before. It’s a thing there, maybe the Nashville influence? Ahead of the curve?

As Far as the South Carolina fans .
Don't think Boston elbow that big red head girl on purpose.
Think all players should try to watch elbows.
Don't know how Wynn or Ace got hurt in practice.
But Tennessee should be more careful in practice.
And for sure the male practice players shouldn't be causing broken noses or concussions.

That said im a Tennessee fan
Not a SEC fan over other conferences

No more than I watch basketball see to many clear braces over female basketball players noses.

Not trying too
Stir up the elbow debate again
But refs should call a foul on the offense player if they turn into a defense stand upright. Ever if it a shoting motion. But if the defense player lend in to the offense player or moves into their elbow no foul should be called.
No rules expert I'm I.

@chuckiepoo
Going where Schtick business started
Think you was just having fun.
Unstand some joking over bad English sentences.

But haven't been drunk or drunk a beer. Like said only had parts of wine cooler two times both times Didn't drink more than half of one. One those a freind gave it me he said it was a kind of favor soda pop. Drink half before I knew what it was. Have used a small sip of Whiskey for sore throat. Few times.
And whiskey help my throat.
Not knoting those who have been drunk.

For Record Im a male same at birth.
Since more one said they didn't know.

I live in rural part of Tennessee county.
They are a few houses in this area about Five of fifty I'm not been in but know everyone those houses are new but their families are not new to the area.

Proud of my two grandfather's who service in WW 2 One died in WW2.
The other got talk to many times. Have others family who service in WW 2
And just family member who service in the sevety a consin still alive.
People thinking Schtick makes me want to call him thank him for his service.
That said makes piss off when I shared a little about my family War Service.
I not step foot on arm forces base
But still dam proud of family who have served.

And mudcat nickname is for one of my favorite fish being bull head catfish .

I
That line "For Record Im a male same at birth." will live in VolNation infamy
it defines this generation

VN Store

Back