Post your SPECIFIC alternatives to current ISIS approach here

According to the GOP, it was the bringing home of the troops (who should not have been there in the first place) that caused this.

Hillary supported it, so not sure if you it's fair to mock the Rs. Once we were there, they are right that pulling troops caused this.

ICBMs to counter ISIS?

okkkkaaaayyyyyy

At any rate,none of this is specific. You are not explaining what should be done with these items. Who, specifically, should be attacked. Where. And on and on.

Cant commit terror when you get atomized.

Reactions: 1 person
You admit that your criticisms are based on you not knowing, remotely, all the facts?

At least you admit it.

No I do not know all of the facts. I do know that the people who are supposed to have all of the facts have yet to come up with a workable plan. And that is fair to criticize!

Not me.

But we are attacking them via drone strikes and bombings every single day. Now, I wish we were more effective. I wish we could readily identify them and attack with 100 % success all the time.

But that is not reality. And the notion that we are sitting on our hands and not trying is just ridiculous.

We haven't even attempted to shut off their oil shipments which fund their movement. So yes we have been sitting around with our thumb up our collective asses.

Troops on the ground?

How many? Where, exactly? Mission, specifically?

More drone strikes?

How many? Of whom? Names, please.

Build a coalition?

Of whom, that isn't already in it? And what is the purpose?

Harsher rhetoric?

What good does that do? ISIS will suddenly see the error of their ways?

Be specific. That is the key.

When (not if) we are attacked HERE, in horrid ways you cant imagine, the answers to these questions will become very clear.

No I do not know all of the facts. I do know that the people who are supposed to have all of the facts have yet to come up with a workable plan. And that is fair to criticize!

Workable is relative. We've got two pages here and I've got one guy saying abandon all ME military involvement, one guy wanting us to put ICBMS there, and another guy wanting to nuke the ME, indiscriminately.

What we are doing right now has not completely shut down ISIS, that's true. But the alternatives suggested here I'm struggling to see how they would accomplish more.

Reactions: 2 people
ICBMs to counter ISIS?

okkkkaaaayyyyyy

At any rate,none of this is specific. You are not explaining what should be done with these items. Who, specifically, should be attacked. Where. And on and on.

ua58j.jpg

There are no solutions that will give lefties a warm fuzzy free pat on the back good job participation trophy you're super special dont let anyone ever tell you different feeling.

Isolation. Containment. Repel. Total destruction. Not many good options there right? First you gotta realize that muslims live in literally the armpit of the earth. Anyone who has been there knows it's pretty much a desolate wasteland that their god obviously has forsaken. Now knowing that you need to realize that the only hope for these people is a nutball religion that promises ridiculous treats for horrendous acts. You can't stop radicalization, its their bread and butter.

Without all out destruction containment is the best option. But just think what happens when someone creates an oil alternative fuel source and it puts the middle east out of business. Think things are bad now? Hopefully none of us will be around to see what happens when we go green..

Come on now. You know how easy this would be if we were fighting governments? Look how effortless it was to take out Saddam. The war on terror is nothing like WWII.

True, it's WWIII we are fighting and it takes a different strategy. First thing is to admit we are fighting a war.

So I assume you never criticized Bush's military strategy in Iraq ?

Once we were in, I wanted out. Prior to then, I was skeptical of the claims that Iraq had much to do with 9/11, and knew very little about supposed WMD.

But the issues are different. I'm critical of the big decision there. As are most people. The issue now is how to approach and even just find ISIS.

Workable is relative. We've got two pages here and I've got one guy saying abandon all ME military involvement, one guy wanting us to put ICBMS there, and another guy wanting to nuke the ME, indiscriminately.

What we are doing right now has not completely shut down ISIS, that's true. But the alternatives suggested here I'm struggling to see how they would accomplish more.

Stupid an childish argument on your part.

Once we were in, I wanted out. Prior to then, I was skeptical of the claims that Iraq had much to do with 9/11, and knew very little about supposed WMD.

But the issues are different. I'm critical of the big decision there. As are most people. The issue now is how to approach and even just find ISIS.

Send them a friends request on their Facebook page..

I am not a military expert or a Middle East one. I know our President is surrounded by them. I am sure multiple solutions have been presented to him. His present course of action is not working. For example, the day after the Paris attack, we shared intelligence with the French so they could bomb a training facility. Why the hell had we not already taken this out? That makes no sense. Furthermore, I think it's pretty clear that we shouldn't be accepting any of these refugees at this time.

Reactions: 2 people
Post your SPECIFIC alternatives to current ISIS approach here

How specific does it need to be?

Exact timeline?

Approximated/Exact budget?

Specific policy enforcement?

Do "we the ignorant masses" need to solve this for you?

What does that mean/do?

Who doesn't admit this?

What does it mean? It means we have to recognize that our enemy will not stop until they have defeated us, until they have destroyed our way of life. Then we need to respond accordingly.

Our government. Sure they pay lip service to the fact but fail to act.

How specific does it need to be?

Exact timeline?

Approximated/Exact budget?

Specific policy enforcement?

Do "we the ignorant masses" need to solve this for you?

Enough so that we can judge even in basic terms whether it might be effective, or at least more effective than the status quo.

I think that everyone is frustrated with the situation and apparent lack of progress, both Dems and Repubs. The difference is, the latter seem to be blaming Obama for it, but as we see in this thread they must admit they really don't know what they are talking about.

Reactions: 3 people
There are no good solutions that include our active involvement. We can't change the ME from the inside out. Just pull out, defend against terrorism without foreign occupation, and try to get as friendly as possible. Lift trade sanctions, open up communication channels, etc. That's how you influence their culture. Nobody wants to be forced upon, even if it is for the better.

This strikes me as taking a "hands off" approach to a roach infestation. What do you think ISIS will accomplish if left alone in the ME? With that success do you think they'll be limited to just the ME?

I do think we need to try and get this Muslim "silent majority" we're always hearing about as involved with helping us battle extremists as much as possible.

Enough so that we can judge even in basic terms whether it might be effective, or at least more effective than the status quo.

I think that everyone is frustrated with the situation and apparent lack of progress, both Dems and Repubs. The difference is, the latter seem to be blaming Obama for it, but as we see in this thread they must admit they really don't know what they are talking about.

They are blaming the President because he is ignoring a threat and then inviting it in without, seemingly, willing to do any of the work, or take responsibility for what may happen, or be transparent about his intentions.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back