Possible Replacement For Serrano?

Some good thoughts. I agree that the program is very close to Auburn, Kentucky and Mizzou. You can throw Georgia in that mix as well. I think they are getting ready to get better though. The frustrating part is the UT program has not moved in 5 seasons under CDS. Its almost as if he's needed that long to figure out how to get it going and now he's been given a lifeline for one season to show a reason for a further extension.

My hope is that CDS or somebody can figure out how to get this program to the middle of the SEC. There are certain programs in the league that UT will never consistently pass and it's a fact that somebody has to be at the bottom. It's going to take some extraordinary people along with a break or two to get off the deck.

I really do believe one thing and this is the most honest, heartfelt thing I may ever post.

They may care over there, but they don't care ENOUGH about baseball and they don't have a vision for the program.

That was cemented for me at Hoover.

Reactions: 1 person
My top 4 candidates in order

Calvi
Godwin
Goff
Toman

Time to toot my own horn. I would be glad to offer my assistance to Dave hart if needed next year.

Calvi is a regional finalist
Godwin is heading to a super regional
Goff also a regional finalist

As for Toman I think he may have missed his window for a bigtime job. You won't hear his name a lot this coaching season IMO

Time to toot my own horn. I would be glad to offer my assistance to Dave hart if needed next year.

Calvi is a regional finalist
Godwin is heading to a super regional
Goff also a regional finalist

As for Toman I think he may have missed his window for a bigtime job. You won't hear his name a lot this coaching season IMO

The two I mentioned--Checketts and Lovelady--are looking good, too. UCSB is in the driver's seat to win Nashville regional and Wright State played like men in Louisville regional final.

Not sure either will be on the market this time next year, but I'm hoping we do well enough that we're not in the market.

The two I mentioned--Checketts and Lovelady--are looking good, too. UCSB is in the driver's seat to win Nashville regional and Wright State played like men in Louisville regional final.

Not sure either will be on the market this time next year, but I'm hoping we do well enough that we're not in the market.

Yep you picked two good ones. I still think the southeastern fit is very important but if not you nailed 2

I think Bama is going to try very very hard to get Godwin maybe kentucky as well.
This tweet has me stumped

@KendallRogersD1: Kentucky is aiming for the stars with its hire, and I'm impressed. I'd also take a hard, hard look at Greg Goff. https://t.co/tP1KmBbepl

John Adams blisters Dave Hart in the KNS today...

Column titled: "At a loss to understand Hart's move."

It's at the website but even though I subscribe to the actual paper, I can't access it to link it for you....But from the paper...

Quit reading John Adams. He is just an arrogant old fart who lives in his own little fantasy world and tries to tell us how things should be, but he has no clue how to do that job. Too many Vols fans read his garbage, and say stupid crap based on his articles.

Sooner he retires, the sooner other fan bases quit looking at us as inbred trailer trash. It cost extra to carve "hypocrite" into a tombstone, but Adams would be worth every red cent.

Reactions: 2 people
Quit reading John Adams. He is just an arrogant old fart who lives in his own little fantasy world and tries to tell us how things should be, but he has no clue how to do that job. Too many Vols fans read his garbage, and say stupid crap based on his articles.

Sooner he retires, the sooner other fan bases quit looking at us as inbred trailer trash. It cost extra to carve "hypocrite" into a tombstone, but Adams would be worth every red cent.

Thanks for the advice. Good to know you don't need any help in regards to "saying stupid crap."

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the advice. Good to know you don't need any help in regards to "saying stupid crap."

None of us do,we all can say stupid crap. But at least I do not let that jackass think for me.

When I see someone quote Adams, I know I am still ahead of the average.

None of us do,we all can say stupid crap. But at least I do not let that jackass think for me.

When I see someone quote Adams, I know I am still ahead of the average.

Look buddy, I didn't do anything but post some coverage of UT baseball by the local media outlet. There is almost no coverage of college baseball in Knoxville and I doubt many people read the paper.

And for the record, as anyone that has been in this forum for any time at all knows...my mind has been made up on Dave Hart long before this situation with Serrano, but in this particular case I absolutely agree with Adams and Burke and Endsor and anyone else who thinks this was handled poorly.

And I disagree with you, your posts are not ahead of the average unless blind homer-ism is considered above average.

Reactions: 3 people
And my guy looks to be off the board

@KendallRogersD1: I'm told @ECUBaseball head coach Cliff Godwin is staying put and will not go to #Alabama. All signs point toward Greg Goff. @AlabamaBSB

Smh at this one

@KendallRogersD1: BREAKING: @MizzouBaseball has hired @SEMObaseball’s Steve Bieser as its next head coach, sources tell @d1baseball. #Mizzou #SEC

VN Store

Back