Possible 9-4 season and still unhappy fans!

The message of this thread is never strive for better. Be happy with good enough.

Go Vols but don't worry about going too far!

Reactions: 6 people
Absolutely happy with 9-4.

Problem is that Butch coaches to 8-4 if that happens from an easy 10-2. So yeah, it could be better.

Well genius boy, he put the team in position to win those games most of which weren't even competitive last year like the Oklahoma and Alabama games. Yet, he only gets the blame for losing a close game. You criticize any and every decision he makes.

Reactions: 12 people
Well genius boy, he put the team in position to win those games most of which weren't even competitive last year like the Oklahoma and Alabama games. Yet, he only gets the blame for losing a close game. You criticize any and every decision he makes.

Welcome to coaching in the big leagues.

Reactions: 5 people
It's the "O, what might have been!" factor.
Can't blame the fans for expecting more this season out of the team that drubbed (currently number 3-ranked) Iowa in the bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not unhappy. I'm glad we have a good coach and I'm excited about our current roster and, especially, their potential over the next two or three years. That said, it's not crazy to speak truthfully about the fact that we don't have a great coach who probably doesn't have what it takes to win championships. After all, there are only a handful of programs at any given time that have what it takes to do so. For die hard fans like me, we just hope our time will come around sooner than later. But calling it like it is doesn't make me a negavol and it doesn't mean I think Butch should be fired. It just means that I'm upset that our most recent hire won't go down as the greatest coach ever. Why is that so hard to understand?

How can you be so sure our current coach will not become one of the best coaches in Tennessee history. I will not say what my profession is but I will state
I made steady improvement in my profession during my forties and fifties. I think our current coach has started at a relatively high level. :whistling:

Reactions: 2 people
How can you be so sure our current coach will not become one of the best coaches in Tennessee history. I will not say what my profession is but I will state
I made steady improvement in my profession during my forties and fifties. I think our current coach has started at a relatively high level. :whistling:

He's not just getting started. He has risen to his level and that level is good not great.

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn't be unhappy with 9-4. Might be displeased with some calls, plays, whatever. But overall I don't think 9-4 is disappointing at all

If this is butch at his worst then I'll take it

I might change my user name to genius boy

Reactions: 2 people
:rock:
It amazes me that this team is likely to finish 9-4 counting a bowl win...and we will still have some unhappy fans! We will have a certain percentage of fans that will instinctively focus on the "we could've/should've won this or that game" instead of appreciating this program's progress and accomplishments! There are one or two plays in a game that can determine it's outcome. Unfortunately we didn't catch every break this year...THAT'S FOOTBALL!!! To you Negavols...please jump ship...jump on somebody else's 11-1 or 12-0 bandwagon...but don't ever confuse yourself with a true Volunteer fan. This team and coaching staff have shown a TON of heart, effort, dedication, and most of all PROGRESS!!! I'm very proud of our team and coaches who give their all for Tennessee everyday! GO VOLS!!!

That's how I feel too......... take us as we are
or leave us

VN Store

Back