Poor Sportsmanship?

Some folks just have to find something to complain about. We emptied our bench while Iowa was playing a majority of its starters and going for every 4th down. They tried to take Gaston's head off on that last drive too. Iowa are a bunch of punks. We should have run another play and scored again.

We attempted to score with Moore in at the end. Iowa still had all their TOs as well. Once we got the first down we ran out the clock. Heupel gave Moore a few chances to have a moment in his last game as a Vol. People were very butt hurt that another TD might break the psyche of the Iowa football program.
Exactly. No matter how Heupel plays it, the idiots and pansies come out of the wood works.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Eh, I thought it was a little tacky myself, maybe don't take a knee but just run the ball, throwing it with 30 seconds left was too much.

If those were my kids out there that had given everything for Tennessee football but never saw the field I would be hugging Coaches neck for giving them the opportunity to do something rather than kneel the ball. I am still pissed we weren’t able to score.
Heupel played it perfectly honestly. He gave his guys the chance to execute the offense. Once he could kill the clock he did to prevent injury. He did everything right for his players and the program. Sorry if that hurt a few fans feelings.

Chest-beating Vol fans are never going to agree it was wrong. But it was. You want the backup to run the full package and throw the ball, then put him in the game with 6/7 minutes left, when we've got a huge lead, and let him do it all. But Heup didn't do that. Why, I don't know. He puts the guy with 2/3 minutes left in the game and he's throwing his first passes with 30 seconds left. You simply don't need to do that. I don't have a problem with running the ball and trying to score with seconds left--but don't throw passes.

Who cares? We act like if the score was 42-0 rather than 35-0 the iowa kids would be scarred for life. If you're the best defense in the nation then you should be able to stop our backups.

Reactions: DixieVol
I think CJH "takes a knee" if not for his guy that followed him from UCF. I think he was trying to throw him a bone by letting him run the offense and I don't have a problem with it, at all....

jmho...

Dude, come on. You know we should have taken a knee.
Nope.. he wanted to let Gaston play after our new, first-time starting QB played, as we played a team ranked 8 slots above us with all of their starters in the game with mostly our underclassman and pieced together non injured, non opted out remaining players.. in a bowl game, where according to rankings, we should have lost, no? Iowa needed to play better

Last edited:

VN Store

Back