Poll: Do you think Tennessee should retain Serrano?

Should Tennessee retain Serrano

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, kind of been following college baseball closely since I played in the late 70s.

So, again, how is it logical or reasonable to give Serrano a pass and keep him when his results have been pretty much the same as Raleigh's and having no issues with Raleigh being fired?

That just doesn't make any sense.

One person by himself alone may not "change the culture", but the head coach certainly does go a long way towards bringing in those who do change the direction of the program.

Nope, we don't know who may be hired (although there are some names out there that have some credibility) or if they will be able to be successful. But what we do know is that the last 5 years have been a complete discombobulation. Not to go in a different direction would be a statement that baseball doesn't matter at UT.

Raleigh is history. Who cares what happened to him? No one can change that. It was a different AD and different time.

I was just pointing out what has been discussed for months on here. You probably know way more than me (and it sounds like you know it too), but I am not sure that just changing the coach moves the needle any. It appears that baseball doesn't matter at UT, regardless of what happens.

Reactions: 1 person
You just contradicted yourself using the Raleigh comparison.

Serrano hasn't move the needle one iota over what Raleigh's 4 years had produced. And Serrano has gotten one more year than Raleigh had to get it turned around, and he hasn't done so. And at this level, Ws and Ls are the bottom line, no matter how "nice of a guy" one may be.

The "who are you gonna get" argument is irrelevant. It's all about producing results, and Serrano hasn't. It's time to move on to somebody else.

So try again - using reason and logic and less emotion, why should Serrano be retained?

I didn't contradict myself at all.

For someone who keeps asking for "logic and reason and less emotion", you seem to be woefully lacking of said logic. You've made the same post about 3 times now and even when it's been pointed out why it's not just about W/L, you just keep repeating it.

Yeah, kind of been following college baseball closely since I played in the late 70s.

So, again, how is it logical or reasonable to give Serrano a pass and keep him when his results have been pretty much the same as Raleigh's and having no issues with Raleigh being fired?

That just doesn't make any sense.

One person by himself alone may not "change the culture", but the head coach certainly does go a long way towards bringing in those who do change the direction of the program.

Nope, we don't know who may be hired (although there are some names out there that have some credibility) or if they will be able to be successful. But what we do know is that the last 5 years have been a complete discombobulation. Not to go in a different direction would be a statement that baseball doesn't matter at UT.

And if we hire another clown like Raleigh, what the hell statement does that make?

VN Store

Back