Pokemon GO (mobile)

I hope all of this easy money for a very shallow game doesn't eventually put Nintendo on the Konami path of mobile gaming cash grab.

I just hope it means we see more Nintendo IP's on mobile. I'd freaking love Mario Golf and Pikmin on my phone! I hear they're working on Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem for their next mobile releases.

I just hope it means we see more Nintendo IP's on mobile. I'd freaking love Mario Golf and Pikmin on my phone! I hear they're working on Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem for their next mobile releases.

I just don't know how I feel about touchscreen games. Playing the emulators on my phone was a nightmare on anything besides turn based RPGs. There are so many flash in the pan mobile games and they're typically so shallow or require micro transactions if you really want to be competitive. I just hope that isn't the trend game developers continue to follow.

I just don't know how I feel about touchscreen games. Playing the emulators on my phone was a nightmare on anything besides turn based RPGs. There are so many flash in the pan mobile games and they're typically so shallow or require micro transactions if you really want to be competitive. I just hope that isn't the trend game developers continue to follow.

They would have to be the right kind of games. I don't think you can just put a Mario Bros game on mobile because with all the precise jumping that's required, it's just too hard to do that with virtual buttons and D Pad.

Someone had mentioned Mario Kart. See to me that's not a good fit for mobile unless you're into the whole gyro motion steering, which I am definitely not! However Mario Golf and Pikmin I think would be great fits because those can easily be controlled via touch screen. Mario Party could easily work well on mobile also.

Another game that was previously on DS and Wii U and now on mobile is Scribblenauts. That game is a ton of fun and it works quite well on mobile. I highly recommend that one.

Last edited:

Something like Fire Emblem would work fine. Final Fantasy Tactics on my iPad gave me no problems besides how long it took and how often I had to recharge the damn thing. I don't know about Mario Kart. Golf might be doable. No idea what Pikmin is.

They would have to be the right kind of games. I don't think you can just put a Mario Bros game on mobile because with all the precise jumping that's required, it's just too hard to do that with virtual buttons and D Pad.

Someone had mentioned Mario Kart. See to me that's not a good fit for mobile unless you're into the whole gyro motion steering, which I am definitely not! However Mario Golf and Pikmin I think would be great fits because those can easily be controlled via touch screen. Mario Party could easily work well on mobile also.

Yeah, Castlevania, Mario, and Zelda on touchscreen is infuriating. I played through FF6 no problem. I can't do the gyro thing either.

Something like Fire Emblem would work fine. Final Fantasy Tactics on my iPad gave me no problems besides how long it took and how often I had to recharge the damn thing. I don't know about Mario Kart. Golf might be doable. No idea what Pikmin is.

It's a very addictive resource gathering/puzzle solver. It would work quite easily on mobile actually. The Wii U version even supports the touch pad.

It's a very addictive resource gathering/puzzle solver. It would work quite easily on mobile actually.

Ah I see. I abandoned Nintendo's console ship 15 years ago, besides the used Wii that I only used for the Virtual Console. Must have missed Pikmin in that time frame.

Ah I see. I abandoned Nintendo's console ship 15 years ago, besides the used Wii that I only used for the Virtual Console. Must have missed Pikmin in that time frame.

The original was on Gamecube. 2 was on Wii and 3 was on Wii U.

Here's the trailer for part 3. Don't let the quirky nature and art direction of this game fool you. It's incredibly addictive once you get into it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIIPkyWaiu0[/youtube]

Last edited:
I always thought a pokestop was at the back row of the truck stop parking lot. Evidently there's one of these things up the trail next to my house. I'm about to throw some nail strips in the leaves to keep the cars out at night.

Don't at all like being accosted by "Suckymons" in the West Town Mall concourse while waiting on my haircut appointment.

The servers finally crashed today. I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner with just how many people have been playing this game.

Reactions: 1 person
If its free then how are they making any $$$ off it ?

Optional microtransactions. They have a system where people can earn the currency used for free (and really one can get almost all the items in the shop without said currency or actually paying), but like with any popular free-to-play games there's always going to be a significant number that just pay to get items, etc.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back