Please Tell Me Currie Is NOT in the Bahamas

Vol Main

I've seen a number of people speak of Currie being in the Bahamas, now. I get that people go on vacation, but NOW? Hiring a new head coach for the football program is the very serious business at hand, and that is Currie's job. I hope that the Bahamas is just a cover story, to divert attention from his business travels.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, right behind the Vols bench. He should be tarred and feathered if he interviews anyone who was on the Penn State staff when Sandusky was still coaching. Everybody knew what was going on up there. They just didn't care.

Reactions: 13 people
I've seen a number of people speak of Currie being in the Bahamas, now. I get that people go on vacation, but NOW? Hiring a new head coach for the football program is the very serious business at hand, and that is Currie's job. I hope that the Bahamas is just a cover story, to divert attention from his business travels.

Vacation? Or he could be there supporting the basketball team?

Reactions: 8 people
We have a coach hired, just a matter of announcing it. We should know very shortly. Currie will be back on Saturday, expect an announcement Sunday at the earliest. I don't know who it is, but I know someone has been hired.

Reactions: 5 people

Are you working today?

Reactions: 4 people
Yep, right behind the Vols bench. He should be tarred and feathered if he interviews anyone who was on the Penn State staff when Sandusky was still coaching. Everybody knew what was going on up there. They just didn't care.

Look I don't want the guy but that's total BS

Reactions: 4 people
To me, this isn’t good, if he doesn’t have anyone. How can he focus on a head coach position, and be there all at the same time? Something awful fishy isn’t it?

I think it's really awesome how awesome you are. Like, you're so awesome you can make fun of people who have concerns about sexual predators and those who didn't care enough for the victims to out them. I mean, wow, that's so awesome.

Edit: after reading other posts of yours, it seems you weren't being sarcastic in this post and my passive aggressive sarcasm was misplaced. My bad.

Last edited:
Currie being in the Bahamas is a very good sign.

Exactly! Currie said his sole focus would be securing a new football coach. For him to be in the Bahamas for a few days indicates to me that he is comfortable with the progress of the search to support the bball team. And he can work the phones from there just as easily as anywhere else.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes football brings in the most money by far. But this may come as a shock to you OP, there's other sports that our Athletic Director is over. One of which is basketball, which happens to be playing in a tournament.

Reactions: 8 people

What a bunch of silliness. This is the age of airplane travel and cell phones. Besides, the guy deserves some days off if they're due to him and he wants them.

I'm sure your obsession isn't going to alter his life all that much. He'll get someone hired, just cool your jets a little.

Reactions: 7 people
We have a coach hired, just a matter of announcing it. We should know very shortly. Currie will be back on Saturday, expect an announcement Sunday at the earliest. I don't know who it is, but I know someone has been hired.

If we have a coach hired it isn't Mullen as he stated he has not talked to anyone. Of course he could be lying - but that means he isn't honest.

Exactly! Currie said his sole focus would be securing a new football coach. For him to be in the Bahamas for a few days indicates to me that he is comfortable with the progress of the search to support the bball team. And he can work the phones from there just as easily as anywhere else.

Exactly. The billionaire boosters can call him and let him know when he has hired a football coach😜

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back