Please Tell Me Currie Is NOT in the Bahamas

I've seen a number of people speak of Currie being in the Bahamas, now. I get that people go on vacation, but NOW? Hiring a new head coach for the football program is the very serious business at hand, and that is Currie's job. I hope that the Bahamas is just a cover story, to divert attention from his business travels.

You have to remember Tennessee with Rick Barnes as HC is evolving back into a basketball school and Currie was at the Battle of Atlantis BB tourney. The Vols upset Purdue and probably should have beat Villanova.

The search for a new football coach is probably nearly complete...Kiffin and Schiano are phone call away from signing...why waste time competing with FLA, TA&M, Arkansas and UCLA for some high priced coach. We need an ex NFL head coach to get to the next level. If not, then Miles and Mack Brown are still alive as is Phil Fulmer.

Are people really not aware we beat a ranked Purdue team and gave top 5 Villanova all they wanted?

Lol, it sure looks that way, and I’ll be watching them again today at 2:30. I’m pleasantly surprised on how well our bb team has played, they’re been fun to watch especially, after a disastrous football season..

Reactions: 2 people
All it means is he's supporting the basketball team. Remember, he's an ATHLETICS director, not just a football director. He has to devote time to the other UT sports besides football

Some might read into it that it means he's already hired his guy but I'm not going to presume that.

I feel confident saying Currie knows who will be the coach next year. I just hope it’s Gruden.

:cray:
We have a coach hired, just a matter of announcing it. We should know very shortly. Currie will be back on Saturday, expect an announcement Sunday at the earliest. I don't know who it is, but I know someone has been hired.
:cray:

kept showing in the first game about 3 rows up when the refs were at the mid court replay monitor trying to confirm a call.

With his kids.

seriously-guys-gifs.gif

It was common knowledge. THEY DID NOT CARE. They all protected the Joe Pa gravy train. Currie has to go if he interviews that scumbag. Schiano fits right in up there with Meyer, and that's where he should remain. I have a degree from UT and have been attending games for over 40 years, but I'll find something else to do on Saturdays in the fall if UT is that desperate to win.

You speak with such authority on this subject, but you have absolutely no idea. You don’t know the extent of what Schiano knew, who he might have said something to, or anything. You just want to damn him forever for something that he might not have had knowledge enough to do something about. My hope is that whatever situation he was in up there, that it was a learning opportunity for a young coach and that he uses that to protect people in the future. You make it sound like he led the kids down there himself and locked the door. The amount of ignorance about this is pitiful.

Reactions: 1 person
Completely agree

Even if the report is true.

You don't know what he actually saw or who he told.

You can see some disturbing stuff in a football lockerroom shower and it not be exactly sexual. And don't know if true what Schiano reaction actually was.

You guys act like you know what happened and were there.

I can't imagine the panic most of you guys live in reading headlines to news articles.

I've seen a number of people speak of Currie being in the Bahamas, now. I get that people go on vacation, but NOW? Hiring a new head coach for the football program is the very serious business at hand, and that is Currie's job. I hope that the Bahamas is just a cover story, to divert attention from his business travels.

Does OP follow UT sports?

Can we at least spell the name correctly. It's John Currie.

No. An entirely too large segment of VolNation can't spell Curry. Or Dan Mullins. Or Lane Kiffen. Or Nick Saben. Or Chip Kelley. Or Chris Peterson. Or Payton Manning. Or the Haslems. Or Justin Fuentes.

Drives me nuts.

Reactions: 3 people
No. An entirely too large segment of VolNation can't spell Curry. Or Dan Mullins. Or Lane Kiffen. Or Nick Saben. Or Chip Kelley. Or Chris Peterson. Or Payton Manning. Or the Haslems. Or Justin Fuentes.

Drives me nuts.

Is spelling the reason they call you big poppa?

It was common knowledge. THEY DID NOT CARE. They all protected the Joe Pa gravy train. Currie has to go if he interviews that scumbag. Schiano fits right in up there with Meyer, and that's where he should remain. I have a degree from UT and have been attending games for over 40 years, but I'll find something else to do on Saturdays in the fall if UT is that desperate to win.

I can believe Paterno was senile and ignorant of certain lifestyles. I knew plenty of people from his generation who would find that kind of thing beyond belief. The rest? You may be right. If I were there, but knew nothing? You bet I would make sure the whole world knew the moment I first knew anything.

But even if Paterno couldn't get his head around it, I still blame him for not protecting kids around the program. Ignorance is not an excuse. He was still part of the crowd who would protect the reputation of the university over putting a stop to something very wrong. When faced with anything like that, you either stop it or you choose to be an enabler. Despite your intentions, you do one or the other.

Wow just wow

No. An entirely too large segment of VolNation can't spell Currie. Or Dan Mullen. Or Lane Kitten. Or Nick Satan. Or Dip Kelley. Or Chris Petersen. Or Peyton Manning. Or Haslam. Or Justin Fuente.

Drives me nuts.

FYP, you nut.

VN Store

Back