Pivot East

Ras you know youre cool with me but youre Avi is turrible. Said in Barkleys voice. Turrible.

Looks like every dbag angry white dude with just a little authority that I have always wanted to punch in the mouth... i am in no position to judge though, i have had the same picture since I joined VN...

Ras you know youre cool with me but youre Avi is turrible. Said in Barkleys voice. Turrible.

Looks like every dbag angry white dude with just a little authority that I have always wanted to punch in the mouth... i am in no position to judge though, i have had the same picture since I joined VN...
Clapper does look pissed.

That's John Brennan.

I much prefer Ras's old avatar with the cheerleader.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am pretty sure that I dont like that dude regardless of who he is. I may agree with him about religion, politics, or a million other things. But if he made that face at me or anyone I care about, he would get knocked out. Real punchable face.

FTR...to me, the 1 face that I want to punch every single time I see it, more than anyone else..by far...is the whiny little lib kid from florida that has no male jawbone...the school shooter anti gun wus...David something? Most punchable face on earth. When i was his age, I could whip sissies like that 2 at a time.

Simple answer. International commerce. It’s in our national interest that shipping lanes remain open and free for travel. You know this.
And China has an interest in keeping those lanes open, as well. It is one of the largest importers and exporters on the globe. China's concern is that the US would bottleneck the Straits of Malacca and strangle that commerce.

You know this.

And China has an interest in keeping those lanes open, as well. It is one of the largest importers and exporters on the globe. China's concern is that the US would bottleneck the Straits of Malacca and strangle that commerce.

You know this.

When have we done this? Hell, how many decades did we keep the Panama Canal open to all shipping?

Simple answer. International commerce. It’s in our national interest that shipping lanes remain open and free for travel. You know this.
This has been U.S. policy since pre WWI and was re-enforced after WWII.

When have we done this?
It counters and prevents any ideas from coming in the US's head.

Besides, China has more reason to patrol those waters than anyone else because of the very reasons I mentioned before. China has no incentive to close those shipping lanes considering they are by now probably the largest importer and exporter in the world.

We have our own fish to fry over here in this hemisphere.

Because that's what Marines do? I mean, Chesty Puller kinda made amphibious assaults famous in the Corps.
"I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag."

"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket."

Smedley Butler

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
Moving buying towards Russia and China makes geographic sense. Cheaper and easier to transport and distribute. The best we can hope for is our allies getting fed up with the Imperialist Russian and Communist Chinese shenanigans and come back to us as distributors for ideological reasons.

"I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag."

"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket."

Smedley Butler
duplicate

Last edited:

Smedley Butler
It's SMEDLEY!

Moving buying towards Russia and China makes geographic sense. Cheaper and easier to transport and distribute. The best we can hope for is our allies getting fed up with the Imperialist Russian and Communist Chinese shenanigans and come back to us as distributors for ideological reasons.
What reason would Russia or China have to disrupt trade routes or shipping lanes in their neck of the woods?

What reason would Russia or China have to disrupt trade routes or shipping lanes in their neck of the woods?

You better believe that Russia and China will continue to interfere in the political goings on of the countries buying from them.

You better believe that Russia and China will continue to interfere in the political goings on of the countries buying from them.
You mean the same countries that are running into their arms with the new One Belt/One Road Initiative?

Smedley Butler

You just quoted a guy who never lived to fight in the Pacific war.

It counters and prevents any ideas from coming in the US's head.

Besides, China has more reason to patrol those waters than anyone else because of the very reasons I mentioned before. China has no incentive to close those shipping lanes considering they are by now probably the largest importer and exporter in the world.

We have our own fish to fry over here in this hemisphere.

China has harassed merchant and fishing vessels in those waters.

what reason does China have to be interested in the Panama Canal and possibly digging another?

International/global trade is just that. The US can't have global trade sans-S.China Sea, its either global or it isn't.

China is the one over there shutting off trading and fishing, and shooting (warning shots) at civilian vessels. Please point to one case of the US doing that in the S.China Sea. Your/China's solution is worse than the problem.

VN Store

Back