Pivot East

Asian, European Nations Seeking to Minimize Dependence on US Dollar – Kremlin

"All of a sudden, the country, which issues the US dollar, starts making steps which are shattering trust in this reserve currency. More and more countries, not only in the East but also in Europe, start mulling ways to minimize their dependence on the US dollar. They suddenly realize: A. it is possible, B. it should be done, and C. save yourself if you can, it should be done as soon as possible,” Peskov said.

I'll give Ras some happy material.

Putin Hails Sunset of U.S. Global Domination Due To Mounting 'Mistakes' | HuffPost

Russian President Vladimir Putin gloated Thursday about what he sees as the end of the United States’ world dominance due to growing “mistakes.”

Putin also claimed America holds “some responsibility” for the disappearance of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi because the Saudi journalist was living in the U.S., he said his in annual foreign policy speech, according to the Financial Times. He did not elaborate. Khashoggi has not been seen since he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. Turkish officials say he was murdered and dismembered by orders of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

“In this regard, the U.S. has a certain responsibility. If someone knows what happens and there was a murder, I hope some evidence is provided. And dependent on that, we will make some decisions,” Putin added in his remarks in the Black Sea resort of Sochi. He said there was currently no reason to “harm our relations with Saudi Arabia.”

As for the U.S., he said that “empires often think they can make some little mistakes ... because they’re so powerful. But when the number of these mistakes keeps growing, it reaches a level they cannot sustain.”

For those interested, there is a new 2019 topless Putin calendar out for you.

Now that you've gotten your jabs in, do you care to comment on what Putin said? Are there any particular points that you would like to challenge or call into question?

The fact we should be talking instead of fighting? I agree with it.

As for the calendar, I'm not sure how well that would go over if it's in Cyrillic.

From what I'm to understand, Russia was violating it with development of certain systems.
I talked about this yesterday. LG blew it off.

Russia has been in violation of this treaty since obama. Trump asked Putin to come back to the original terms. He declined.

Trump said fine, **** you and pulled out all together.

It may be getting Cold again real soon.

I talked about this yesterday. LG blew it off.

Russia has been in violation of this treaty since obama. Trump asked Putin to come back to the original terms. He declined.

Trump said fine, **** you and pulled out all together.

It may be getting Cold again real soon.
It got cold when we started creating chaos in 2014 in Ukraine.

From what I'm to understand, Russia was violating it with development of certain systems.
This is true.

However, why would Russia threaten us with military retaliation if Putin is able to build any weapon he wants with even less oversight? Maybe they're afraid of what America might do without the treaty. IDK

This is true.

However, why would Russia threaten us with military retaliation if Putin is able to build any weapon he wants with even less oversight? Maybe they're afraid of what America might do without the treaty. IDK

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what they're worrying about. Trump is threatening a nuclear arms race.

US to build up nuclear arsenal - Trump

Italy will be the first G7 country to join China's controversial Belt and Road project

Italy would be the first BRI member from the G7, a grouping of democratically governed advanced economies that has long played a role in shaping policy globally. The other members include France, Germany, the UK, Canada, the US, and Japan. A endorsement for BRI, a re-invention of the historic Silk Road trading routes launched by China in 2013, can signal the likelihood of a country breaking ranks with traditional allies to side with China over politically charged themes. More than 60 countries are involved in the initiative.

The Italian decision, however, is taking place against a backdrop of China’s slowing economy, and a fall in Chinese investment in the US and other European countries. The shift in political commitments that the BRI project might entail for Italy may not even end up reaping the economic benefits its government so eagerly seeks.

what? China might "default" on their promises but still gain ground in a country? That never happens.

VN Store

Back