Pick the starting SF

Who starts Game 1 at SF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you said career.
I gave you the stats for Darrington's career FT (80.4, 87.8) which was 84.1%.
Stats are from the utsports site profile.
Why are you showing his last season only?

It's really irrelevant, because comparing overall shooting stats of a PG and a SF/PF is an apples and oranges comparison. It's why he wants to use FG% and not 3-pt FG%, because those stats (3-pt FG%), which is a better indicator of defining the better shooter, blow his claim out of the water. He's only using FG% and FT% because it's the only leg he has to stand on, and as I said, even that isn't an apples:apples comparison.

It's really irrelevant, because comparing overall shooting stats of a PG and a SF/PF is an apples and oranges comparison. It's why he wants to use FG% and not 3-pt FG%, because those stats (3-pt FG%), which is a better indicator of defining the better shooter, blow his claim out of the water. He's only using FG% and FT% because it's the only leg he has to stand on, and as I said, even that isn't an apples:apples comparison.

Also ignoring the fact that Darrington's average is on 249 attempts and AS is on 68 FT attempts. Have to be a pretty decent shooter to hold average on that many attempts.

you said career.
I gave you the stats for Darrington's career FT (80.4, 87.8) which was 84.1%.
Stats are from the utsports site profile.
Why are you showing his last season only?

Don't understand what 100% actually means?

When did I say career? Did you make that up or did I actually say career? I'm asking because you seem to enjoy micro-analyzing every comment that I post.

I googled and didn't find a good link for Darrington. But that one matched the 3-point average somebody else posted.

Shooting and 3-point shooting are two different things. Schofield looks very accurate from about 16'-20'.

Darrington still only took about three 3-pointers per game, usually making one and hitting 2 more often than zero. But how many were contested? And how good are those JUCO defenders that he was facing?

It doesn't and he knows it, much like his entire argument at this point. He's being ridiculous.

My argument that I believe Schofield is a better shooter? That's not all that ridiculous. Especially when considering the only stats versus similar competition give the edge to AS.

It doesn't and he knows it, much like his entire argument at this point. He's being ridiculous.

Since you're obsessed with the stats, please post them all. Each year. Career. Number of shots. The Darrington link does not give much detail and is kind of sloppy. It seems like the summary doesn't even indicate which time frame it's covering and some of the stats down the list didn't make any sense (minutes per game possibly).

What I've seen is that there's very little difference between the two and some of AS's are better. Against much better defenders and in much heavier defensive traffic too.

I've witnessed both players in person. Who else that's shouting me down can say that?

Since you're obsessed with the stats, please post them all. Each year. Career. Number of shots. The Darrington link does not give much detail and is kind of sloppy. It seems like the summary doesn't even indicate which time frame it's covering and some of the stats down the list didn't make any sense (minutes per game possibly).

What I've seen is that there's very little difference between the two and some of AS's are better. Against much better defenders and in much heavier defensive traffic too.

I've witnessed both players in person. Who else that's shouting me down can say that?

Seeing them in the RTL means nothing. Don't use D1 competition level as a reason to tout Schofield over Darrington, and then present RTL stats and competition as evidence to your point. That's just ignorant.

DARRINGTON
http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016-17/div1/players/chrisdarrington91nm

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Chris-Darrington/Summary/108022

SCHOFIELD
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/admiral-schofield-1.html

Darrington is a much better 3-pt shooter, and over a much larger sample size.

Seeing them in the RTL means nothing. Don't use D1 competition level as a reason to tout Schofield over Darrington, and then present RTL stats and competition as evidence to your point. That's just ignorant.

DARRINGTON
http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016-17/div1/players/chrisdarrington91nm

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Chris-Darrington/Summary/108022

SCHOFIELD
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/admiral-schofield-1.html

Darrington is a much better 3-pt shooter, and over a much larger sample size.

I guess watching them in person means nothing for posters shouting down another poster's position and it doesn't support what
they're arguing while foaming at the mouth. I have actually seen Darrington in person. IMO he's not necessarily going to be a great shooter at the D-1 level. I'll be surprised if he's hitting over 40% with a D-1 player's hands in his face but I'll be very pleased if he can make 33.3% of his 3-point attempts.

I guess watching them in person means nothing for posters shouting down another poster's position and it doesn't support what
they're arguing while foaming at the mouth. I have actually seen Darrington in person. IMO he's not necessarily going to be a great shooter at the D-1 level. I'll be surprised if he's hitting over 40% with a D-1 player's hands in his face but I'll be very pleased if he can make 33.3% of his 3-point attempts.

No, watching them in the RTL has no bearing on my feelings of either player. No defense, little structure, and a small sample size aren't going to sway my initial opinion, and they shouldn't form yours either, and you know that.

I'm done talking about it though. Like I said, I'm open to having my mind changed by seeing them in person against similar competition in a more structured environment than the RTL offers, but until then, I'm going with the stats.

No, watching them in the RTL has no bearing on my feelings of either player. No defense, little structure, and a small sample size aren't going to sway my initial opinion, and they shouldn't form yours either, and you know that.

I'm done talking about it though. Like I said, I'm open to having my mind changed by seeing them in person against similar competition in a more structured environment than the RTL offers, but until then, I'm going with the stats.

Actually how well they shoot is one thing that can be evaluated. I can form an opinion on shooting simply by watching warm ups. Seems like "no defense", as you're arguing invalidates all RTL results, would actually result in better stats. But hey, I guess I can't have an opinion without being shouted down by the usual, argumentative mob. It's no wonder hardly anybody posts in here.

Actually how well they shoot is one thing that can be evaluated. I can form an opinion on shooting simply by watching warm ups. Seems like "no defense", as you're arguing invalidates all RTL results, would actually result in better stats. But hey, I guess I can't have an opinion without being shouted down by the usual, argumentative mob. It's no wonder hardly anybody posts in here.

You ARE the argumentative mob. Literally no one agrees with you, so keep your ignorant opinion. I don't care. Like I said, I'm done with it. I have left open the possibility of my opinion being changed. You're the one being stubborn and holding on to the same opinion come hell or high water. So have at it. I'm done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You ARE the argumentative mob. Literally no one agrees with you, so keep your ignorant opinion. I don't care. Like I said, I'm done with it. I have left open the possibility of my opinion being changed. You're the one being stubborn and holding on to the same opinion come he'll or high water. So have at it. I'm done.

I just realized that you're not very young. Double spaces at the end of sentences. BTW, don't blow a gasket just because I have stated an opinion and supported it with valid arguments.

I suppose that I better get off of the lawn.

I just realized that you're not very young. Double spaces at the end of sentences. BTW, don't blow a gasket just because I have stated an opinion and supported it with valid arguments.

I suppose that I better get off of the lawn.

You win thunder.

You ARE the argumentative mob. Literally no one agrees with you, so keep your ignorant opinion. I don't care. Like I said, I'm done with it. I have left open the possibility of my opinion being changed. You're the one being stubborn and holding on to the same opinion come he'll or high water. So have at it. I'm done.

YELL LOUDER! Maybe you'll sway my opinion.

Don't understand what 100% actually means?

When did I say career? Did you make that up or did I actually say career? I'm asking because you seem to enjoy micro-analyzing every comment that I post.

I googled and didn't find a good link for Darrington. But that one matched the 3-point average somebody else posted.

Shooting and 3-point shooting are two different things. Schofield looks very accurate from about 16'-20'.

Darrington still only took about three 3-pointers per game, usually making one and hitting 2 more often than zero. But how many were contested? And how good are those JUCO defenders that he was facing?

Your post:

Admiral is a career 82.2% FT shooter.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...hofield-1.html

VN Store

Back