Pick the starting SF

Who starts Game 1 at SF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schofield has a higher FG% and FT%.

Schofield has taken much higher percentage shots too. Not really fair to compare a PG vs a SF/PF in FG%.

Admiral is a career 33% 3-point shooter, Darrington is a career 43% 3-point shooter. That is a better indicator of shooting ability.

Schofield has taken much higher percentage shots too. Not really fair to compare a PG vs a SF/PF in FG%.

Admiral is a career 33% 3-point shooter, Darrington is a career 43% 3-point shooter. That is a better indicator of shooting ability.

Schofield has been defended by the best college players in the country, not JUCO players.

Darrington probably has more range, but IMO Schofield is as good, if not a better shooter. Maybe it's just a higher arc, but a lot of AS's baskets don't draw iron and sometimes barely move the net. He's improved his game year over year. I think that the suspension really got his attention. If Tennessee gets to the NCAAT this year, it will very likely be because of Admiral's scoring. This is his team... he's the Alpha Vol. Williams is Beta Vol.

I've had similar thoughts about Bowden, especially if we go with some smaller 2 guard lineups...he's one of the few guys last year that defended and rebounded the way Barnes wanted which is why he started so many games, I could definitely see him getting some minutes at the 3.

This is what I think happens. Bowden starts at the 3. Then one of the other guards at the 2.

Barnes likes what Bowden gives him on the floor. Which, like you said, is why he logs so many minutes and gets so many starts. He's gonna be on the floor a lot again this year. It seems to me like we've upgraded at the wing position. So I'm thinking we go small a lot and Admiral comes off the bench quite a bit.

Schofield has been defended by the best college players in the country, not JUCO players.

You're just being argumentative. The talent differential and the idea that either guy is just lofting up wide-open/uncontested shots is silly, and still doesn't begin to explain away a 10-point differential in 3-point shooting percentages.

Darrington, by the numbers, is a significantly better outside shooter, and I'll continue to believe that until I witness otherwise on the court under similar conditions.

Reactions: 1 person
You're just being argumentative. The talent differential and the idea that either guy is just lofting up wide-open/uncontested shots is silly, and still doesn't begin to explain away a 10-point differential in 3-point shooting percentages.

Darrington, by the numbers, is a significantly better outside shooter, and I'll continue to believe that until I witness otherwise on the court under similar conditions.

Here's a small sample under similar conditions and Schofiekd was a better shooter than Darrington. Looked like it in person as well.

Garza and Tillman

http://www.rockytopbasketballleague.com

Here's a small sample under similar conditions and Schofiekd was a better shooter than Darrington. Looked like it in person as well.

Garza and Tillman

http://www.rockytopbasketballleague.com

SD is that u? RTL. Really?
Darrington has built his averages taking 5 times the shots that AS has.
Another one of your one man stand opinions.?
We should drop it so it doesn't look like we're dissing anyone. Not my intention anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
More than half. Probably all of them except for Bowden when he has his feet set and Daniel. He's a better shooter than Johnson, Turner, Bone, and Darrington IMO.

Here's my comment (in response to AS probably is a better shooter than half of the guards on the roster) that you're attacking. Notice the "IMO"? Then Schofield actually shot better than Darrington in the RTL. I watched... Darrington didn't appear to be an extremely skilled shooter. Probably better than Bone, Johnson, and maybe Turner though.

Those are real stats versus similar competition. Doesn't support what you've declared to be fact, so you're dismissing it. Gotcha.

No, you're using glorified pickup games as your "proof. That is why I'm dismissing it.

I'm open for most discussions, but you have developed a habit of arguing ridiculous points into the ground in a way only SeniorDrill has done in recent memory. I'm not going to argue with someone who just wants to argue for the sake of it. I made a point and backed it up with statistical evidence and allowed for the possibility I could be swayed by watching both play in a similar, legit environment. You provided your opinion and RTL stats as evidence. Forgive me if it takes a little more than that to convince me, especially in light of the idea you want to dismiss Darrington's stats because it was against JUCO competition, yet provide pickup ball "stats" as evidence to the contrary. And those stats don't even address shooting percentages as far as I can tell.

We'll just agree to disagree.

No, you're using glorified pickup games as your "proof. That is why I'm dismissing it.

I'm open for most discussions, but you have developed a habit of arguing ridiculous points into the ground in a way only SeniorDrill has done in recent memory. I'm not going to argue with someone who just wants to argue for the sake of it. I made a point and backed it up with statistical evidence and allowed for the possibility I could be swayed by watching both play in a similar, legit environment. You provided your opinion and RTL stats as evidence. Forgive me if it takes a little more than that to convince me, especially in light of the idea you want to dismiss Darrington's stats because it was against JUCO competition, yet provide pickup ball "stats" as evidence to the contrary. And those stats don't even address shooting percentages as far as I can tell.

Why are you quoting the word "proof"? I'm pretty sure that I've not used it.

I've witnessed both Darrington and Schofield in person.

But you are arguing. I'm supporting my opinion.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back