Pick our first upset.

100 % Florida....and hopefully it won't get Muschump fired, hope he sticks around for a while longer. He is Florida's Dooley.

Reactions: 1 person
Utah State.

JK

The only real upsets on the menu are Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Oklahoma, so I guess I'll take Georgia. Richt does a good job making his top-10 talent play more like top-20 talent.

You don't think beating a top 10 USCjr on the road would be an upset?

Oklahoma Sooners in Norman...

AND...I'm gonna be there to watch it LIVE!

We gonna take a shovel to their head...

shoveltime.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah Vegas has us by about a touchdown now. Would have been nice to get a bet in while we were the underdogs!

Okies,uga, Gators then bama. georgia is not as good as everyone is playing them up to be they have 2 rb's 1 wr, and a mediocre defense.

I would take Gurley, Marshall, Chubb, Sony, Douglas etc. over any other backfield in the country.

UGA. They're overrated again (like every year). I honestly think this will be our coming out game where the rest of the country takes notice of what's going on in Knoxville. We are gonna be better than the "experts" think.. As well as some of our own fans.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it will be Georgia. We will have two weeks to gameplan them after the Oklahoma game. Lot of psychology will be going there.

Outside of the Kentucky game, the Vols were horrible on the road last season. I don't have a lot of confidence that UT will go to Athens and come home with a win. But, it would a great win for the Vols. This team needs to learn how to win, and then expect to win every week no matter where the game is played.

UGA. They're overrated again (like every year). I honestly think this will be our coming out game where the rest of the country takes notice of what's going on in Knoxville. We are gonna be better than the "experts" think.. As well as some of our own fans.

Man I hope you're right. I'd give anything to be 5-1 after the Chat game.

Utah State.

JK

The only real upsets on the menu are Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Oklahoma, so I guess I'll take Georgia. Richt does a good job making his top-10 talent play more like top-20 talent.

That's funny, seeing how he's won at least 10 games 8 of his 13 year career and finished in the top 10 7 times. He's also won or shared the division title 6 times and won have won the division last year had they not been marred with injuries.

I'd like to say Oklahoma, but it'll be our first road game and our young'ens will behave like it's their first road game. I'd also like to say Georgia, but then again another road game and although the virginity is gone we're still not there yet.

So I'd say we have a good shot at Florida, they get cremated by Alabama the week before us I think, we have them at home, we're in the playing groove by then and our young players know how to play with the big boys.

Show me how often they underachieve.

Show me how often they underachieve.

Every year uga is picked to be in the national championship hunt and every year they underachieve. EVERY YEAR THEY UNDERACHIEVE. They can't win the big games. They recruit so well and never get it done. That sir.. Is underachieving. Also.. Since you're clearly a uga fan.. What do you expect to see on a UT board? Vol fans are gonna talk **** about EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEAM just like I'm sure uga fans do on their boards.. Why not find a nice little uga board to post on?

That's funny, seeing how he's won at least 10 games 8 of his 13 year career and finished in the top 10 7 times. He's also won or shared the division title 6 times and won have won the division last year had they not been marred with injuries.

How many of those wins were close wins over teams that Georgia had a significant talent advantage over? That's underachieving. Georgia should have been able to crush us last year. Instead, Murray had to put together a game winning score with a few seconds left just to get to overtime. Underachieving.

You don't think beating a top 10 USCjr on the road would be an upset?

I doubt we'll play a top 10 South Carolina team this season, but regardless, it's a winnable game that could go either way, which is not the type of match-up I would consider an upset either way. South Carolina is the first team we have to start beating regularly again on our way back, and it's within reach now. We need another great recruiting class or two to gain on Georgia, Florida, and Alabama talent-wise before we can expect to be competitive with them. Georgia seems to be willing to play down to us, so we may be able to start on them early.

I would take Gurley, Marshall, Chubb, Sony, Douglas etc. over any other backfield in the country.

I'm confused as to why you quoted me before you made this comment. I was talking about the Utah State game.

Georgia. Them losing Malcolm Mitchell again doesn't help matters for them and with Butch having 2 weeks to prepare following either a heartbreaking loss to Oklahoma in prime time or riding the high of a big win and 3-0 start I just see the Vols taking this one.

UGA. Hard fought win on the road that drives home what it takes to win. The last three games have been decided by 8 or less. We get over that hump this year.

VN Store

Back