Phil Steele's Projected Top 25 is out....

I admittedly see the world behind orange tinted contact lenses..

But our only losses this year will be .. oklahoma, alabama, UGA, and USC. Finishing 3rd in the east and ranked in the top25. And behind this record CBJ will win SEC coach of the year.

The following year, we will win the east and at least play in the SEC CG.

and in 2016 we will be in the hunt for the NC.

Call me whatever childish names you guys want.. But I truly believe that CBJ will make it so the Power T is feared again nationwide within the next couple years.

I also predict another school is going to back up a brinks truck to his house to try to steel him away from us. And CBJ will turn them down, stating there is NO WHERE else he would even consider coaching. As UT is the best job in CFB.

We will(sadly) be losing some assistants following the 2015/16 seasons as they will take some HC positions for themselves. But by that time CBJ will be able to choose anyone he wants to replace them as coaches will be lining up by the dozens for the chance to coach under him.

Let the flaming, and (mama's basement/must be on drugs) jokes commence.

While I prefer domestic, I'm with you on this post. I think we'll see an exciting football team on the field this year. I also think the coaches know the players a lot better and will scheme out a lot of their weaknesses. We'll be young and mistakes will happen, but they'll "snap and clear" and be in the games up to the end.

It's where we finish that counts...and we will finish on the 'list'...that's my projection. My other projection is that by this time next year your deep dark depression will be a distant memory.

Hey, I hope you're right on both counts. We'll see.

We finish no worse than 3rd in the SECe.

We will probably be 7-5 regular season. But just one serious upset, and we're 8-4.

The defense will progressively improve game to game. barring injures, we will make Bama EARN their victory. They will know the rivalry is returning.

The OL will be porous but if The Butch goes with his best running QB, this will offset the OL play until they are fairly decent by game 6.

I'm not saying book it. I'm saying print this out or save it and re-post it here at season end. Dare ya!

Last edited:
That Troy game should really soften UGA up!

On a serious note, I love CBJ's recruiting but was a bit disappointed with his coaching last year. Maybe it was because he was considered a darn good in-game coach in his previous stops. I'm confident, though, that we'll be well-stocked with talent in the next couple of years to do a lot of damage.

I'd love to go 6-6 or better this year but the biggest thing for me will be how well we play each game. If we're in each game with the big boys on the schedule until the final minute, then I'll consider it a successful season despite the record because it will give me great hope for the next year.

I am confused how you can say this when we beat a top 10, and were in it at the last seconds with the likes of UGA last year. If you beat spurrier, and are literally an inch from beating UGA with a vastly inferior team.. that shows some coaching.

His only mistake for the year IMO, was starting peterman at UF. He should not have listened to the fans grumbling on that one.. Then at the end of the year we were forced due to worley's injury to start a freshman who was obviously no where near ready. Can not really blame him for those games.

So if you could elaborate on where you were disappointed with coaching. I would be interested in hearing it.

For years we heard, oh if Dooley could get a signature win to show us he could coach etc.. Then Jones comes in and gives us our first top10(top5 at end of season) since IIRC 2007, and it just seems people are quick to dismiss that accomplishment. And say things like.. Oh he recruits well but we will see if he can coach.

I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around that line of thinking.

Reactions: 1 person
fsu
bama
oregon
auburn
oklahoma
ohio st.
ucla
mich state
baylor
south carolina
uga
stanford
lsu
usc
notre dame
clemson
wis
mizz
texas a&m
ole miss
texas
washington
unc
ucf
louisville

My Lord I hope I live long enough to not see Alabama in the top 20 again. Hell, I might settle for not in the top 10. Time for them to have a down cycle!

I admittedly see the world behind orange tinted contact lenses..

But our only losses this year will be .. oklahoma, alabama, UGA, and USC. Finishing 3rd in the east and ranked in the top25. And behind this record CBJ will win SEC coach of the year.

The following year, we will win the east and at least play in the SEC CG.

and in 2016 we will be in the hunt for the NC.

Call me whatever childish names you guys want.. But I truly believe that CBJ will make it so the Power T is feared again nationwide within the next couple years.

I also predict another school is going to back up a brinks truck to his house to try to steel him away from us. And CBJ will turn them down, stating there is NO WHERE else he would even consider coaching. As UT is the best job in CFB.

We will(sadly) be losing some assistants following the 2015/16 seasons as they will take some HC positions for themselves. But by that time CBJ will be able to choose anyone he wants to replace them as coaches will be lining up by the dozens for the chance to coach under him.

Let the flaming, and (mama's basement/must be on drugs) jokes commence.

I am all in on this one

I am confused how you can say this when we beat a top 10, and were in it at the last seconds with the likes of UGA last year. If you beat spurrier, and are literally an inch from beating UGA with a vastly inferior team.. that shows some coaching.

His only mistake for the year IMO, was starting peterman at UF. He should not have listened to the fans grumbling on that one.. Then at the end of the year we were forced due to worley's injury to start a freshman who was obviously no where near ready. Can not really blame him for those games.

So if you could elaborate on where you were disappointed with coaching. I would be interested in hearing it.

For years we heard, oh if Dooley could get a signature win to show us he could coach etc.. Then Jones comes in and gives us our first top10(top5 at end of season) since IIRC 2007, and it just seems people are quick to dismiss that accomplishment. And say things like.. Oh he recruits well but we will see if he can coach.

I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around that line of thinking.

It's pretty easy to see. He lost to Vanderbilt, nearly lost to South Alabama (if we're counting the Georgia game as a positive, this has to be factored in as a negative), and got blown out (as badly as any bottom of the barrel mid major would have) against Oregon, Alabama, and Missouri.

But of course, I'm the negavol for pointing that out.

However, people continue to assert that Butch Jones caved to fan pressure in only his 4th game here, and let them determine who he would start at QB (which would pretty much be the definition of incompetence at this level of coaching). And these people are considered the positive fans. Truly bizarre.

His only mistake for the year IMO, was starting peterman at UF. He should not have listened to the fans grumbling on that one..

UT should NOT lose to Mizzou this year. In all of the SEC, they lost the most players who meant the most to their success last year.

UGA will still be the most talented team in the SEC East. UF will still have a great D. USCe is vulnerable IMO but it is an away game.

Yeah we better not lose this time to Misery. I live here. I got to see the beatdown live and in person last year at Faurot Field, and it was sickening. I really thought we had a good chance, but that's what happens when you play an away game sometimes things just unravel, and Dobbs didn't look good either.

It was freezing cold, but I stayed the entire game. It was the worst beatdown I have ever witnessed by any team IN person (on one of my favorite teams), that is.

At least I got to see myself on TV.

It's pretty easy to see. He lost to Vanderbilt, nearly lost to South Alabama (if we're counting the Georgia game as a positive, this has to be factored in as a negative), and got blown out (as badly as any bottom of the barrel mid major would have) against Oregon, Alabama, and Missouri.

But of course, I'm the negavol for pointing that out.

However, people continue to assert that Butch Jones caved to fan pressure in only his 4th game here, and let them determine who he would start at QB (which would pretty much be the definition of incompetence at this level of coaching). And these people are considered the positive fans. Truly bizarre.

Like I pointed out before he lost to Vandy because we didn't have a QB.. not his fault.. and we didn't beat South alabama by a single inch, and a call that by the rules of the game should not have been able to be overturned. We beat South Alabama by a touchdown.. not a field goal, or an extra point. But by a touchdown and never once were they ahead at any point in the game.. we were winning 24-7 at the half, and because they made a decent push after our players let off the gas a little.. we almost lost? They would have needed 2 more scores to pull that off, and I am sorry but they were no where near another touchdown and field goal to pull that off.

And yes we were blown out by bama, oregon, and mizzou.. 3 of the top teams in the nation when our roster was completely decimated and inferior thanks to Dooley, Forgive me if I don't look at that as negatively as you do.

and ya, I gave you the Peterman thing.. that was stupid like I said.. but a top10 win makes up for a single bad decision in my book.

If you really can't understand how your seen as such a pessimist after a post like that, then there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind. Hope you have a good day, if thats possible in your world :hi:

Yeah we better not lose this time to Misery. I live here. I got to see the beatdown live and in person last year at Faurot Field, and it was sickening. I really thought we had a good chance, but that's what happens when you play an away game sometimes things just unravel, and Dobbs didn't look good either.

It was freezing cold, but I stayed the entire game. It was the worst beatdown I have ever witnessed by any team IN person (on one of my favorite teams), that is.

At least I got to see myself on TV.

I was at the Mizzou game the year before when it went to 4 OT's. That was miserable to watch.

He had Florida as one of his top teams last year.

Oops.

Phil is 'ok to good' for statistical spreads. Outside of that, he is as incompetent as all the other experts.

I am sure in his eyes he over-valued us last year and is, like humans are want to do, correcting downward to make up for it. Phil's magazine could be so much easier to read, but a full 2/3 of it is him reminding us that he is right more than he's wrong, ipso facto he is right this time.

Georgia didn't beat us by a single inch. Why do people keep repeating this misinformation?

In my opinion (at least the way I look at it, they did) Pig Howard fumbled when it was nearly a TD. Now we still had to make the XP, and then actually score again, so the way you might look at it, it wasn't by a single inch. However when down and losing that way it SUCKS!

EDIT: Or play good defense on the next sequence.

And merely we are trying to cope with that loss and make us feel better. Please let us that do look at it that way, let it be. haha

:whistling:

Thank you,

gonzagafan62

Last edited:
Like I pointed out before he lost to Vandy because we didn't have a QB.. not his fault.. and we didn't beat South alabama by a single inch, and a call that by the rules of the game should not have been able to be overturned. We beat South Alabama by a touchdown.. not a field goal, or an extra point. But by a touchdown and never once were they ahead at any point in the game.. we were winning 24-7 at the half, and because they made a decent push after our players let off the gas a little.. we almost lost? They would have needed 2 more scores to pull that off, and I am sorry but they were no where near another touchdown and field goal to pull that off.

And yes we were blown out by bama, oregon, and mizzou.. 3 of the top teams in the nation when our roster was completely decimated and inferior thanks to Dooley, Forgive me if I don't look at that as negatively as you do.

and ya, I gave you the Peterman thing.. that was stupid like I said.. but a top10 win makes up for a single bad decision in my book.

If you really can't understand how your seen as such a pessimist after a post like that, then there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind. Hope you have a good day, if thats possible in your world :hi:

Didn't they coach him

At some point its not talent but coaching that causes the issue

Some of you thought Dobbs was the next Tee

Now it will be Ferguson and if he loses a game, it will be because he just wasn't as talented as first thought

Vandy was a win. Coaching and play calling was horrible. When you have a team that loses their whole secondary and you don't try to exploit it, there is an issue. Dobbs did damn good against a better D at Missouri.

Reactions: 2 people
Considering we were about 4 inches away from beating UGA last year, that gives me confidence that we can compete in the East in 2014. UGA plays Clemson, USC, and Troy leading up to us. That's plenty of opportunity for injuries and such. We have a bye week after going to Okla, so an extra week of prep will really help. I think we'll be 4-2 after the first 6 games. A loss to Okla and either UF or UGA...and I don't think we'll lose to UF at home this year.

In my opinion:

We will only win one road game, the one against Vandy.
We will lose to Bama at home.

The key to the outcome of the season will be what we do with Florida and Mizzou.

UT will have somewhere between a 5-7 to 7-5 season.

Even if we beat a team on the road, you still have to beat all the teams you are supposed to beat. So I am not comfortable saying they will win more than 7 games. But I definitely dont think they will lose more than 7 either.

In my opinion:

We will only win one road game, the one against Vandy.
We will lose to Bama at home.

The key to the outcome of the season will be what we do with Florida and Mizzou.

UT will have somewhere between a 5-7 to 7-5 season.

Even if we beat a team on the road, you still have to beat all the teams you are supposed to beat. So I am not comfortable saying they will win more than 7 games. But I definitely dont think they will lose more than 7 either.

@OleMiss a definite loss in your opinion?

Didn't they coach him

At some point its not talent but coaching that causes the issue

Some of you thought Dobbs was the next Tee

Now it will be Ferguson and if he loses a game, it will be because he just wasn't as talented as first thought

Vandy was a win. Coaching and play calling was horrible. When you have a team that loses their whole secondary and you don't try to exploit it, there is an issue. Dobbs did damn good against a better D at Missouri.

He maybe but not as a Freshman or Sophomore. Two years to early needs to sit and watch. May never be a Tee Martin, but it is a wait and see.

Wish Ferguson wasn't injured last year, but it maybe a blessing in disguise.

Not sure what the play calling was all about with Dobbs and the Coaches for the Vandy game, but I do agree with this.

fsu
bama
oregon
auburn
oklahoma
ohio st.
ucla
mich state
baylor
south carolina
uga
stanford
lsu
usc
notre dame
clemson
wis
mizz
texas a&m
ole miss
texas
washington
unc
ucf
louisville

Imagine that seems like every year!!

@OleMiss a definite loss in your opinion?

It should be a lost for us, but looking at the schedule we are coming off of Florida, Chattanooga Moc games and Ole Miss is coming off of Alabama, and @Texas A&M so you never know.

It should be a lost for us, but looking at the schedule we are coming off of Florida, Chattanooga Moc games and Ole Miss is coming off of Alabama, and @Texas A&M so you never know.

That's the game changer. Ole Miss will limp into that game with all confidence lost, and we'll be coming off of a win against Chatanooga, and a HUGE win over the Gators. 4-2 going into Ole Miss. I'll take it.

VN Store

Back