Phil Steele's Projected Top 25 is out....

Boy I hope they are right on cue with Florida being in the bottom of the SEC just like last year. If he loses to another Ga. Southern, that would make my year!

Reactions: 1 person
So...anyone willing the post the list?

fsu
bama
oregon
auburn
oklahoma
ohio st.
ucla
mich state
baylor
south carolina
uga
stanford
lsu
usc
notre dame
clemson
wis
mizz
texas a&m
ole miss
texas
washington
unc
ucf
louisville

Which is why they fired Will Muschamp at the end of last season, right?

This is one of the most contrived attempts to take a jab at UT that I have ever seen, not that I would expect anything different from you. By the way, how often was Ole Miss putting up top 5 recruiting classes in the last 40 years?
Yeah I was going to suggest that he run that thing back in the garage and retool it because whatever he was trying to do just didn't work...... Really silly post!!!

Going in that's where we should be as young as we are and no proven QB, when you got 4 then really you don't have none, but if one of the QBs steps up and get good DL play then we might be the surprise team this year, every year somebody wins 2 or 3 more games than expected, so why cant that be us.

Last edited:
I admittedly see the world behind orange tinted contact lenses..

But our only losses this year will be .. oklahoma, alabama, UGA, and USC. Finishing 3rd in the east and ranked in the top25. And behind this record CBJ will win SEC coach of the year.

The following year, we will win the east and at least play in the SEC CG.

and in 2016 we will be in the hunt for the NC.

Call me whatever childish names you guys want.. But I truly believe that CBJ will make it so the Power T is feared again nationwide within the next couple years.

I also predict another school is going to back up a brinks truck to his house to try to steel him away from us. And CBJ will turn them down, stating there is NO WHERE else he would even consider coaching. As UT is the best job in CFB.

We will(sadly) be losing some assistants following the 2015/16 seasons as they will take some HC positions for themselves. But by that time CBJ will be able to choose anyone he wants to replace them as coaches will be lining up by the dozens for the chance to coach under him.

Let the flaming, and (mama's basement/must be on drugs) jokes commence.

Reactions: 6 people

But our only losses this year will be .. oklahoma, alabama, UGA, and USC. Finishing 3rd in the east and ranked in the top25. And behind this record CBJ will win SEC coach of the year.n

Call me whatever childish names you guys want.. But I truly believe that CBJ will make it so the Power T is feared again nationwide within the next couple years.

I also predict another school is going to back up a brinks truck to his house to try to steel him away from us. And CBJ will turn them down, stating there is NO WHERE else he would even consider coaching. As UT is the best job in CFB.

We will(sadly) be losing some assistants following the 2015/16 seasons as they will take some HC positions for themselves. But by that time CBJ will be able to choose anyone he wants to replace them as coaches will be lining up by the dozens for the chance to coach under him.

Good post. I believe all of this as well but think we drop 1 more game this season...2 if injuries are a problem. Lifes a b#%&h most of the time. Got to believe in something. I believe in God..UT football..and CBJ. In that order. Hope springs eternal. Makes life worth living. GBO VFL

But our only losses this year will be .. oklahoma, alabama, UGA, and USC. Finishing 3rd in the east and ranked in the top25. And behind this record CBJ will win SEC coach of the year.

I've been saying this all along concerning the results of the 2014 schedule. I don't see how people think we will have a worse team than last year. I also don't see how people think that USC, Mizzou, UGA, and UF will be better than they were last year.

I see losses to Okla, Ala, Mizzou, and in the WORST-case scenario we also lose to both, UGA and USC. That's still 7-5, on our way to a bowl game, which could lead to 8-5. I really believe these will be the results this year. We have some SERIOUS playmakers this year on the Defense, as well as a few on the Offense.

Muschamp has been there 3 full seasons. How long does it really take to get "his" players on campus?

5 years, that is enough time to get the class out that wasn't his and time to develop the ones he recruited with there back ups coming along

maybe 6,of course nobody will give him that much time

then they will hire Gruden,book it :good!:

sorry i just had too :)

I really like your post,but i see it coming to fruition a few years more down the line is all

if CBJ is given the time and the grumbling about getting fired doesn't start this year,which it probably won't

but just wait till next year and if it is just a break even year,just wait on the lets fire him right now crowd go wild

Last edited:
You must have Florida confused with us. Florida doesn't wait around forever before firing a guy. They don't make 100 excuses for him. They expect results.

Another year, another preseason poll without us, another bottom of the SEC finish projection. Looks like we've officially become what Ole Miss was for the past 40 years.
It's where we finish that counts...and we will finish on the 'list'...that's my projection. My other projection is that by this time next year your deep dark depression will be a distant memory.

I've been saying this all along concerning the results of the 2014 schedule. I don't see how people think we will have a worse team than last year. I also don't see how people think that USC, Mizzou, UGA, and UF will be better than they were last year.

I see losses to Okla, Ala, Mizzou, and in the WORST-case scenario we also lose to both, UGA and USC. That's still 7-5, on our way to a bowl game, which could lead to 8-5. I really believe these will be the results this year. We have some SERIOUS playmakers this year on the Defense, as well as a few on the Offense.

UT should NOT lose to Mizzou this year. In all of the SEC, they lost the most players who meant the most to their success last year.

UGA will still be the most talented team in the SEC East. UF will still have a great D. USCe is vulnerable IMO but it is an away game.

You do not have to have an ideal roster to prove you are an elite coach. This has been demonstrated many times.

UT should NOT lose to Mizzou this year. In all of the SEC, they lost the most players who meant the most to their success last year.

UGA will still be the most talented team in the SEC East. UF will still have a great D. USCe is vulnerable IMO but it is an away game.

Considering we were about 4 inches away from beating UGA last year, that gives me confidence that we can compete in the East in 2014. UGA plays Clemson, USC, and Troy leading up to us. That's plenty of opportunity for injuries and such. We have a bye week after going to Okla, so an extra week of prep will really help. I think we'll be 4-2 after the first 6 games. A loss to Okla and either UF or UGA...and I don't think we'll lose to UF at home this year.

Considering we were about 4 inches away from beating UGA last year, that gives me confidence that we can compete in the East in 2014. UGA plays Clemson, USC, and Troy leading up to us. That's plenty of opportunity for injuries and such. We have a bye week after going to Okla, so an extra week of prep will really help. I think we'll be 4-2 after the first 6 games. A loss to Okla and either UF or UGA...and I don't think we'll lose to UF at home this year.

That Troy game should really soften UGA up!

On a serious note, I love CBJ's recruiting but was a bit disappointed with his coaching last year. Maybe it was because he was considered a darn good in-game coach in his previous stops. I'm confident, though, that we'll be well-stocked with talent in the next couple of years to do a lot of damage.

I'd love to go 6-6 or better this year but the biggest thing for me will be how well we play each game. If we're in each game with the big boys on the schedule until the final minute, then I'll consider it a successful season despite the record because it will give me great hope for the next year.

That Troy game should really soften UGA up!

On a serious note, I love CBJ's recruiting but was a bit disappointed with his coaching last year. Maybe it was because he was considered a darn good in-game coach in his previous stops. I'm confident, though, that we'll be well-stocked with talent in the next couple of years to do a lot of damage.

I'd love to go 6-6 or better this year but the biggest thing for me will be how well we play each game. If we're in each game with the big boys on the schedule until the final minute, then I'll consider it a successful season despite the record because it will give me great hope for the next year.

Good post. UT could very well have the same record as last year, but if the blowouts are reduced and we have more South Carolina and UGA type games instead of Oregon, Auburn, Bama, and Mizzou type games then I'd say the team improved.

VN Store

Back