Phil Steele Top 40

This is an excellent point. Honestly, which is better, an 18 year old with potential to be great who has to be trained up or a transfer has already proven they can cut it at the next level? Personally, I am much happier, for example, with BYU Defensive Captain Keenan Pili who had 62 tackles, five tackles-for-loss, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery for BYU in 2022 in our backfield next season than a 19 year old kid who might be great by the end of the season.
Yup that was a great example of exactly what I'm talking about.

I think his ranking is kind of understandable. Last year our offense was primarily one QB and 2 WR and they are all gone now. We can prove them wrong tho.

I get that nobody knows if Milton will fully replace or surpass the Hooker magic till we prove it.

But #19 is silly. Last year was not lightning in a bottle, it is the beginning of CJH’s system. I think 9-12 is probably more reasonable.
I can’t stand when people say lightning in a bottle. That simply can’t happen in the SEC; it’s to hard of a conference. Heupel inherited a mess and developed every single position across the board. His scheme is genius as well. I’ve said it numerous times, he’s the modern day spurrier.

Yah, you get #15 and worse. I get #14 and better.

Hard to bet actual $$ or physical items through an online forum, but we can bet something like this: winner picks the vn.com avatar/icon that the loser has to display for a month after the final AP poll of the year. Has to be something within Freak's community guidelines, but otherwise anything goes.

Or if you have an alternate idea...?

p.s. BTW, this really comes down to a bet over how many games we each think the lads will win this year. 10-2 or better regular season, we're almost certainly going to be ranked higher than #14. 9-3 is kind of a push, add a nice bowl win and it probably goes my way, but a sloppy win or a loss in a bowl and it'd probably go to you. 8-4 is 100% in your territory.
Sounds fun. I’ve been smokin’ jayson Swain for too long as it is. Works for me 🤷‍♂
Okay, Christian, the final rankings aren't due for another month, but I'm ready to concede that the Vols are not going to end the season ranked #14 or higher. My avatar is at your mercy, friend. Heh.

Go Vols!

Okay, Christian, the final rankings aren't due for another month, but I'm ready to concede that the Vols are not going to end the season ranked #14 or higher. My avatar is at your mercy, friend. Heh.

Go Vols!
I can just revel in being right, don’t worry about it lol. Fun wager. 👍

You know, as disappointing as this season has been… at least we aren’t Clemson or USC fans.

VN Store

Back