PFF top edge rusher - James Pearce

This is pretty wild to think about.

GI1u5pGXsAAOfyj

James Pearce Jr. is easily the most dominant and all around gifted athletes we've had on defense since Eric Berry put on the Orange and White.

Pearce can impact QB play and what the offense can call without puttin stats on his stat sheet.

A long way to go till next year's draft, but he's the number 1 prospect on several 2025 draft boards right now.

A big dominate year by Pearce and the rest of the D line would be welcome and make the lives of our young secondary players this season a whole lot easier.

Barnett was a good pass rusher, but he wasn't a freak athlete like Little and Pearce. We have seen Pearce drop into coverage and hold his own. He is like a create a player in Madden.
Good pass rusher? Barnett is one of the best pass rushers we have ever had. He was better than Little. Pearce is definitely more athletic. It remains to be see. If he will be as good as Barnett.

Good pass rusher? Barnett is one of the best pass rushers we have ever had. He was better than Little. Pearce is definitely more athletic. It remains to be see. If he will be as good as Barnett.
Barnett was one of the best pass rushers in program history but Little and Pearce were/are better athletes and more freakish human beings. Barnett got after the QB, Pearce, like I said, can drop into coverage or chase down a back on the complete opposite side of the field. I'm not saying Little or Pearce are better pass rushers than Barnett, the are just Freak athletes in a way Barnett isn't.

Idk. He had pretty good 1st and 2nd step combined with power. However I think Pearce is on a different level physically than a lot of people. Freakish speed for sure.
I love Barnett, but I don’t see him dropping in to pass coverage and running that pick six back. There’s just something different about JPJ.

Barnetts first step was nasty! Just talking about potential though, JPJ can cover and rush. I hope he turns out to be even better than Barnett.

VN Store

Back