Perfect season gives Fulton claim to best-ever distinction

Your right. They weren't as dominant because Central always played top notch competition. Fulton played Gibbs, Rutledge, Union County, Kingston! Central played Maryville, Powell, Greenville, Farragut, West, etc. Not to mention McCallie and going to Kentucky a couple of times. Give Central Fulton's schedule over the years and Central would have 4 or 5 State titles easily
Here we go again. Do you need to be reminded what happened this year?

Bottom line is Maryville fans can't stand someone else getting all the talk. You still have some Maryville fans that still won't admit that Ensworth flat out whipped them in a scrimmage this year. Fulton won the last few games with a bunch of hurt players and without a Mr. Football running back. Full speed.. Hell yes Fulton would give Maryville all they wanted plus more.

Reactions: 1 person
Your right. They weren't as dominant because Central always played top notch competition. Fulton played Gibbs, Rutledge, Union County, Kingston! Central played Maryville, Powell, Greenville, Farragut, West, etc. Not to mention McCallie and going to Kentucky a couple of times. Give Central Fulton's schedule over the years and Central would have 4 or 5 State titles easily

Would have had? Your logic is seriously flawed, and I use the word logic very loosely here. Bottom line is, how many titles does Central have? Zero I think. You have visions of Central grandeur that don't exist, and never have.

Bottom line is Maryville fans can't stand someone else getting all the talk. You still have some Maryville fans that still won't admit that Ensworth flat out whipped them in a scrimmage this year. Fulton won the last few games with a bunch of hurt players and without a Mr. Football running back. Full speed.. Hell yes Fulton would give Maryville all they wanted plus more.

George Quarles readily admitted it, though in a bit of couched language.

Central Football the past 7 years..

2013 4-6
2012 6-5
2011 3-7
2010 3-7
2009 2-8
2008 4-6
2007 4-7

You lost to teams like Catholic, Karns, Anderson County, Clinton

Do I need to keep going or are you ready to say uncle? Your argument looks pretty strong. :)

They sure did, like I said they were the better team but Giles was hanging with them and Fulton started hanging their heads when the going got tough. In my opinion the going would get tough early for Fulton vs these teams and the ones I mentioned would take the game over and not look back...Giles just didnt have the athletes that they have.

I find it very interesting that doorag6 had 0 likes this morning and now suddenly every response he made has a like? All from this thread? Dare I suggest he has 2 accounts :)

The only thing ridiculous is anyone claiming Fulton is the best Knox area team ever. Sure they scored a ton of points against mediocre competition. So did upperman lol...To say they
Are better than any maryville team is ludacris. I'd say Maryville beat a couple teams better than Fulton in the playoffs Blackman for sure. Fulton was the best team in 4a this year and they beat a very hungry Giles county team. Fulton was explosive and athletic but on Maryvilles level? No way! Btw I had an Alcoa fan tell me before the alcoa /CPA game that nobody in the state could beat THEM right now! I said what about Fulton/Maryville? He said Fulton was scared to play them and Marysville couldn't beat them at this point in the season lol... maybe you guys should do a playoff postseason. Anyways this is just my opinion from watching all these teams play so tifwiw I don't have a dog in this race and live 100 miles from knoxville

It is a FACT that Rankin didn't want to play this year.

To say that this Fulton team is the best team EVER to come out of Knoxville is complete crap. No way this team would beat the 04-05 Central Bobcats. For those out there who remember this team as I do, they lost only 3 games to McCallie( Who had BJ Coleman) and to Maryville twice. Playing Fulton's schedule that year, Central would have ROLLED to a State title. College players off that team, just to name a few, were: Terrence Scott( College of the Canyons, Univ of Oregon ), Zach Helton ( Memphis), AJ Nance ( Kentucky), Lones Sieber ( Kentucky), Rob Longworth ( Walk-on at Tennessee), And Im sadly leaving some ppl out. Folks, Fulton this year was the best team out of Knoxville in a couple of years, BUT to say ever is completely Ridiculous.:loco:

Did any if these guys play in college? Sieber was a kicker ! Are you kidding with this? We only lost 3 games???? Come on man you even said it after the game this year that you were proven wrong. Until Central wins one then you have no argument.

I'm disappointed in you and expected more out of you. I figured you would roast doorag6 good. :dance2:

He is doing a good job of that himself. "Giles county hung with them" until they were down 40 points with the mercy rule in effect. I don't need to say much.

Last edited:
gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

Doorag isn't a Maryville fan.

Until you actually gain some knowledge about Fulton's history and espically the Central/Fulton rivalry, I can no longer have a conversation with you.

The only history I'm concerned with sounds something like 69-14. And I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. One minute your telling me how Central was going to hang with Fulton and beat them then after the game you agreed how good they were. Now you back to dogging them out. Makes no sense.

The only history I'm concerned with sounds something like 69-14. And I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. One minute your telling me how Central was going to hang with Fulton and beat them then after the game you agreed how good they were. Now you back to dogging them out. Makes no sense.

Mr. Big O ought to worry about Central High School, the "vaunted" Central program, which can only be described as mediocre. For the record, since 1990, Central has had 12 winning seasons, 11 losing seasons and one 5-5 season. In other words Central's "average" would be one winning season followed by a losing season, since 1990. Championship football is what a Central grad would call that. Their trophy case is loaded since 1990.

Mr. Big O ought to worry about Central High School, the "vaunted" Central program, which can only be described as mediocre. For the record, since 1990, Central has had 12 winning seasons, 11 losing seasons and one 5-5 season. In other words Central's "average" would be one winning season followed by a losing season, since 1990. Championship football is what a Central grad would call that. Their trophy case is loaded since 1990.

Oh your so cool with all your stats. I guess no one else can look on the High School Football Database either! And whats funny is, I know you did and your stats above STILL ARE NOT CORRECT! check again.

Oh your so cool with all your stats. I guess no one else can look on the High School Football Database either! And whats funny is, I know you did and your stats above STILL ARE NOT CORRECT! check again.

Look we understand you do not like Fulton but you can't come on here talking about a 3 loss Central team who by the way won nothing being better than this team. Again win something, anything then you can make a case. Stop hating on Fulton, Powell and everyone else. Better yet start a post about how good Central is and how they've had all these great teams so you can chat with yourself. No one cares what Central did 20 years ago.

They are close enough, very close, to show how utterly silly it is for you to always spout off about something you don't, but should, know about, Central's poor football program, and you are supposedly a Central grad. Not to mention the other "mouthing off" you have done in the past.

Look we understand you do not like Fulton but you can't come on here talking about a 3 loss Central team who by the way won nothing being better than this team. Again win something, anything then you can make a case. Stop hating on Fulton, Powell and everyone else. Better yet start a post about how good Central is and how they've had all these great teams so you can chat with yourself. No one cares what Central did 20 years ago.

Look, I openly admitted to you earlier this year that I doubted Fulton's team this year and after I saw first hand what happened to Central over there, I ate crow. And since then, I never doubted Fulton winning it all. I apologized to you then and I stand by what I said. However, when I read this thread and the article, I decided to give my opinion. When you start calling a certain Team "The greatest team to ever come out of a certain area", your gona have critics. And IMO, over the years in this area, there have been much better Central AND Fulton teams than this team. Heck, the Powell team a couple of yrs ago was very good also. They mite not have been as dominant, but I just felt they were better teams. But I guess Fulton ppl dont handle critics or opinions well.

They are close enough, very close, to show how utterly silly it is for you to always spout off about something you don't, but should, know about, Central's poor football program, and you are supposedly a Central grad. Not to mention the other "mouthing off" you have done in the past.

Poor football program? Sounds like jealousy to me. Everybody(except Maryville it seems) has down years, and Central is no different. But to call it a poor program is more than just ignorance, it's downright stupidity.

Can't we all just get along - it's Christmas time :)

Seriously though, anytime there is a theoretical statement it is going to be hotly debated. The facts are Fulton did something this year no other team has done in terms of scoring. They deserve a tremendous amount of credit.

To say they are the best Knoxville team is obviously debatable. Whose to say the 2011 Powell team would have beat this Fulton team or any of the previous Maryville champion teams, Alcoa teams or any team that was extremely good.

That's the beauty of this board as it allows us a forum to debate these topics. But, there really isn't a right answer as it is all theoretical.

I can say IMO that Fulton was the best team in the state this year. Best ever from Knoxville, who knows and who really cares. Fulton can sleep well at night knowing there is another trophy in there case and they are #1 in the state all time in scorring and #4 natinoally. That's pretty impressive.

Regarding Central, they are improving and maybe a new coach can be the catalyst to get them over the hump. They certainly have the talent. They haven't been good for a while, but it looks promising.

That's the beauty of high school football. It's all cyclical, unless you are Maryville :dance2: A lot of depends on the talent pool for a particular time frame. Powell has had a nice run, but the talent pool is going down and coaching turnover is too much to overcome. Fulton is loaded with talent they haven't seen for a while.

Who knows what the landscape will look like 2-4 years from now.

Reactions: 2 people
Poor football program? Sounds like jealousy to me. Everybody(except Maryville it seems) has down years, and Central is no different. But to call it a poor program is more than just ignorance, it's downright stupidity.

Get real. What planet are you living on? One winning season in the last seven years, and that a 6-5? Pretty poor by anyone's definition. And I did make an error previously on the Central record since 1990. I forgot to add that blockbuster 6-5 record in 2012 since the database only went to 2011. So, that would give Central 13 winning seasons since 1990 and the 5-5 being a non-winning season would be added to the losing seasons. making 11, losing or non-winning seasons. And, my apologies, because I certainly didn't want to shortchange Central. That additional winning season makes all the difference in the world.

VN Store

Back