Paul Finebaum on UT hire

Finebum is sleeping with Saban. He is a D&%# with ears. You can tell by looking at him he has never played a single snap in a football game. He makes a living pizzin people off.

Reactions: Gilb69 and wmcovol
If it’s not relevant why is he commenting on it?

Somebody remind me. Did Finebaum even throw a TD pass? Rush for one? Make a game saving tackle? Interception? Recover a fumble? Did he ever suit up anywhere? How is he relevant?

Reactions: Gilb69
We really have no idea at this point whether PF will turn out to have been prescient or laughably wrong. However, in general PF has seldom demonstrated any more knowledge or understanding of college football than the average fan. Hes an entertainer with the gift of gab hired to say provocative things to stir up fans and raise his ratings.
Hes just an entertainer, not an expert on CFB.
Im taking a wait and see attitude on CJH, sadly just as I felt compelled to do with past four hires, and Im really tired of this pattern. Not that it makes any difference in what happens.

Pruitt doesn’t have the mental capacity to be a head coach. He had terrible feel for the game. Stupid decision after stupid decisions. Hell, he wasn’t all that great as a DC except at Alabama with Saban. Jones almost hung 50 on him in Knoxville in 2015.
38 is almost 50?!

38 is almost 50?!

Tennessee was stopped inside the 5 twice. Once Hurd fumbled on the 1 & Ga returned it 99 yds for a TD and another time in the 2nd Qtr they threw 4 str times inside the 5 to give the ball up on downs. If they score twice there, then yes they hang 50, 52 most likely, on the great Dc

Like it or not, he's exactly right. This fan base clamored for change and they got it. When are we going to learn that no good coach wants to be here. If we luck out with Heupel and can win 8 games by year 4, we darned sure better be grateful and hang on to him. The vast majority of fans have no clue how far we have fallen and how much damage this coaching change and the way we orchestrated Pruitt's ouster has negatively impacted us in the eyes of the entire nation. What good coach would want to be here. I seriously doubt Heupel would have taken it under any other circumstances. Face reality! Anyone believing Pruitt was not intentionally outed by people with ulterior motives is naïve. If he'd won 8 games this year you'd have never heard a peep about compliance. The way we saved that 12 million will cost us 10 times that as the years unfold.

I wonder if Auburn stays top tier. They just spent a generation's worth of money for a sideways hire. I think Harsin is a great coach, but I don't think Auburn maintains unless Orgeron implodes into the future.
I don’t think LSU and the Barn are Tier 2 by any stretch of the imagination.

Paul is a Bama mouth piece, nothing more nothing less. When Saban retires or Bama fall off their pedestal in one way our another he will then be in Clay Travis territory trying to stay relevant.

Reactions: Gilb69
I don’t think LSU and the Barn are Tier 2 by any stretch of the imagination.
I mean in the near future. LSU will survive Orgeron's struggles. Auburn is in a more fragile situation. It is tougher to recruit consistently there, and it is a crapshoot how Brian Harsin maintains or improves on Malzahn's tenure. It will be easier to keep LSU at the top of the pecking order than Auburn. Both have struggled at times(not that long ago, bad coaching can blow up juggernaut. Look around.)
Just because I believe Harsin is a great coach and get players coached up, doesn't mean magic happens on the Plains. They expect him to beat Saban. Good Luck.

It's such a BS narrative.

The only "home run hires" of the past 2 decades have been Saban at Bama, Urban Meyer at Ohio State, and Jim Harbaugh at Michigan; and the last of those "home run hires" hasn't even totally worked out.

All the other great coaches hired were considered disappointing by a large portion of the fanbase:

Pete Carroll at USC
Dabo Swinney at Clemson
Mark Richt at Georgia
Bob Stoops at Oklahoma
Matt Campbell at Iowa State
Mike Gundy at OK State
Mack Brown at UNC
Kirby Smart at Georgia

All considered risky or even outright bad hires. The Pete Carroll and Dabo Swinney hires, in particular, were trashed mercilessly, before turning out to be 2 of the best college coaches of the 21st Century.

There aren't a whole lot of "home run hires" out there and they are rarely available even for the top jobs.
Great post here, 100% fact!

VN Store

Back