Paleo Diet! The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

It's so unbelievably easy to eat too much food when you go out to eat. The portions served in most restaurants are far larger than most people should be eating in one meal. That's not even adding alcohol and appetizers to the meal either. My last girlfriend and I ate at restaurants a lot and just about every time we were bringing home extra food. We eventually started splitting one meal but it doesn't feel right to do that all the time everywhere, especially to servers.

Amen. In addition to that, people tend to eat like they're not going to get more for hours and hours. Obviously that might be true for some people (depending on what kind of work you do or whatever), but you really should never sit down to a meal and be completely famished. Enjoy the food, the smell, the taste...not the glutenous feeling afterwards.

Amen. In addition to that, people tend to eat like they're not going to get more for hours and hours. Obviously that might be true for some people (depending on what kind of work you do or whatever), but you really should never sit down to a meal and be completely famished. Enjoy the food, the smell, the taste...not the glutenous feeling afterwards.

Last time I got glutenous was several years ago when we went to Brazeiros (Brazilian steak house) for my birthday. That food was good but let me tell you how awful I felt shortly after walking out of there.

Last time I got glutenous was several years ago when we went to Brazeiros (Brazilian steak house) for my birthday. That food was good but let me tell you how awful I felt shortly after walking out of there.

Only one I ever went to was in Puebla, Mexico. Spectacular food.

It's so unbelievably easy to eat too much food when you go out to eat. The portions served in most restaurants are far larger than most people should be eating in one meal. That's not even adding alcohol and appetizers to the meal either. My last girlfriend and I ate at restaurants a lot and just about every time we were bringing home extra food. We eventually started splitting one meal but it doesn't feel right to do that all the time everywhere, especially to servers.

I now try to check the menu of restaurants before I go out to eat. People would be shocked to know that even some salads can be over a 1,000 calories and have a days worth of sodium in one serving.

Diets don't work

Only thing that works is burning as much calories as you consume and try not to stimulate an insulin dump unless its after a workout

I now try to check the menu of restaurants before I go out to eat. People would be shocked to know that even some salads can be over a 1,000 calories and have a days worth of sodium in one serving.

Yeah, those salads at Wendy's for instance, not as healthy as you'd like to think. Yes, the sodium contents of a lot of dishes is off the charts.

Diets don't work

Only thing that works is burning as much calories as you consume and try not to stimulate an insulin dump unless its after a workout

It's very true. I lost close to 50 pounds some years ago just by exercising and portion control. I didn't exclude any items from my diet that I liked either. I just ate less of them or calorie shifted.

Is that another way of saying "binge"?

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, those salads at Wendy's for instance, not as healthy as you'd like to think. Yes, the sodium contents of a lot of dishes is off the charts.

It's very true. I lost close to 50 pounds some years ago just by exercising and portion control. I didn't exclude any items from my diet that I liked either. I just ate less of them or calorie shifted.

Is that another way of saying "binge"?

Very impressive! You basically followed IIFYM without realizing it.

So I had a cheat day already. But this is why, my 88 year old grandmother brought pizza over last night to watch a baseball game with me. It felt rude stop say no. Agreed?

What's her diet for 88 years?

Interesting point. Both of my mom's parents lived 90+ years and consumed plenty of red meat, potatoes, fried food, butter, and Coke with real sugar. Of course, they ate plenty of fresh/farmed fruits and vegetables, as well. They did not, however, consume much fast, processed, or preserved foods, and they ate moderate portions, always at the table, as a family.

Interesting point. Both of my mom's parents lived 90+ years and consumed plenty of red meat, potatoes, fried food, butter, and Coke with real sugar. Of course, they ate plenty of fresh/farmed fruits and vegetables, as well. They did not, however, consume much fast, processed, or preserved foods, and they ate moderate portions, always at the table, as a family.

DING DING DING!!!!

People of that generation also lead a more active lifestyle.

I'll second that. Uncle Danl's Bacon and Beer Diet has done me well for decades. First thing you eat in the morning is bacon. Last thing you consume after dinner is beer. You can have anything you want in between as long as you obtained it as near to raw and unprocessed as possible.

So I had a cheat day already. But this is why, my 88 year old grandmother brought pizza over last night to watch a baseball game with me. It felt rude stop say no. Agreed?

That's when I'd eat only ONE piece as not to be rude. ;)

One piece of pizza isn't going to kill anyone's diet and if it does then they weren't really dieting to begin with. :p

VN Store

Back