Over, Under, or on Par performances

I had just heard Barnes say that his arm was dislocated and had seen him rolling around apparently in excruciating pain. Barnes said after the LSU game that Baulkman deserved an Oscar for his performance. And actually, he should be done for the season. If Punter didn't have a stress fracture and Hubbs wasn't doing whatever he's doing and Mostella hadn't told off Barnes during a game, Baulkman probably would be done for the season.

You are doing it again.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Admit it, he hasn't really shown any signs of it affecting him. His play hasn't dropped off at all as a result.

In the LSU game he knocked down two three pointers and missed the next eight or so. He also had several turnovers at the top of the key because his passes had very little on them. He made three plays counting the two uncontested threes and one great second half basket in the paint.

I think Barnes' comments and him sitting out before the injury is more of a sign, imo.

Before the injury?

Barnes is quoted as saying that he took a blow to the knee in the first half at USCe. I don't think he sat out before that

Before the injury?

Barnes is quoted as saying that he took a blow to the knee in the first half at USCe. I don't think he sat out before that

You're right. I guess it was actually after the injury. I was going off off Barnes' comments after the South Carolina game. If I remember correctly, he made the comment that Mostella, Hubbs and Reece weren't going back into the game because they didn't play hard. It didn't seem like Barnes even knew about the injury at that point.

You're right. I guess it was actually after the injury. I was going off off Barnes' comments after the South Carolina game. If I remember correctly, he made the comment that Mostella, Hubbs and Reece weren't going back into the game because they didn't play hard. It didn't seem like Barnes even knew about the injury at that point.

Agreed

Just my opinion but by reading the comments the past few days Barnes is softening a little on the hard line stance about hubbs. It's been a lot more about an injury and a lot less about his effort.

I am holding out hope this is about an injury and he comes back. We need him regardless of what is said here on this board IMO

I didn't think that he mentioned Reese with Hubbs and Mostella. I didn't think that Barnes has issues with Reese's effort or attitude.

Agreed

Just my opinion but by reading the comments the past few days Barnes is softening a little on the hard line stance about hubbs. It's been a lot more about an injury and a lot less about his effort.

I am holding out hope this is about an injury and he comes back. We need him regardless of what is said here on this board IMO

When Barnes said that he didn't know what he was ever going to get out of Hubbs, it was said just after he was discussing the Hubbs injury... but I took that comment as being more about Hubbs' inconsistent play all year rather than a shot at Hubbs for possibly faking an injury.

I didn't think that he mentioned Reese with Hubbs and Mostella. I didn't think that Barnes has issues with Reese's effort or attitude.

He said on the Rick Barnes show after that SC loss that none of those three were going back into the game. He actually did mention Reece by name in that instance.

Here's the audio, if you guys want to listen to it. Barnes wasn't too happy.

Attachments

• BarnesSC.m4a
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
In the LSU game he knocked down two three pointers and missed the next eight or so. He also had several turnovers at the top of the key because his passes had very little on them. He made three plays counting the two uncontested threes and one great second half basket in the paint.

He's always been a streaky shooter though, and this injury has plagued him for over a year. He didn't further injure it when he went down. Baulkman was never a consistent world beater, and he still isn't. I don't see him wincing in pain anymore now than before. It seems to be a non-issue, or certainly no more than it was before.

Reactions: 1 person
Before the injury?

Barnes is saying he hit his knee but I think common sense can see he is just going with the story so he can leave him on the bench. imo

He's always been a streaky shooter though, and this injury has plagued him for over a year. He didn't further injure it when he went down. Baulkman was never a consistent world beater, and he still isn't. I don't see him wincing in pain anymore now than before. It seems to be a non-issue, or certainly no more than it was before.

We'll disagree then because I saw it affecting him against LSU. Making the two early, uncontested threes distorted how ineffective he was in that game. Those passes that he made that resulted in the turnovers had very little on them. He had extra wrap on his shoulder and his elbow was usually being held tight against himself.

We'll disagree then because I saw it affecting him against LSU. Making the two early, uncontested threes distorted how ineffective he was in that game. Those passes that he made that resulted in the turnovers had very little on them. He had extra wrap on his shoulder and his elbow was usually being held tight against himself.

He's averaging 9.0 ppg on the season, yet 10.5 ppg and 26 minutes/gm since the injury. So, I guess we will have to disagree, but the numbers don't support your theory.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back