Over, Under, or on Par performances

Over.

As I posted in the game thread, I went to the game today. I saw 4 teams on the floor. A & M, Fla, LSU and UT. A & M, Fla, and LSU all looked like a SEC team with their huge size. We looked like a mid-major at best. Unless you see the size discrepancy in person, you don't know. The TV does not show how much we are at a disadvantage. It's amazing that this team won any game of consequence this year. We have zero size. None. And we beat Fla, Ky, So Car, Vandy and LSU. How the hell we beat Vandy yesterday without Punter still amazes me.

The charge call on Hubbs completely changed the game. They get that atrocious call then we get called for a ticky-tack on a 3, they hit all 3 FT's, then we miss our 2 FT's. Game over.

Anthony Jordan and his crew of buffoons need to lose their jobs. I like college hoops. I'd love it if the refs weren't so damn incompetent. They take away the enjoyment of the game and that's why it'll never hold a candle to football to me.

Rob Lewis said that without Punter this is by far the least talented team he's covered in 15 years. He was very skeptical of the Barnes' hire, and questioned how motivated he would be at his age, but he has praised the job Barnes has done the last month and said he thinks the Vols have one of the best coaches in the league fwiw.

Reactions: 2 people
My math must be off. Dang I am getting old

Thanks for clearing that up

Have we heard anything about the oversized juco we offered?(maybe I was counting him)

Chris is correct, 1 spot open currently and if Kasongo leaves as most assume he will that's room for 2, Bowden and a big seems most likely.

As for Delarosa, Tennessee is talking with the SEC office, there's a SEC waiver that would be required for him to play in this league. I don't quite understand the rule, but something about semesters spent somewhere, it was apparently put into place for SEC football teams and not Delarosa's situation, but yea, that's what's going on there.

Rob Lewis said that without Punter this is by far the least talented team he's covered in 15 years. He was very skeptical of the Barnes' hire, and questioned how motivated he would be at his age, but he has praised the job Barnes has done the last month and said he thinks the Vols have one of the best coaches in the league fwiw.

I would agree Barnes did a great job this week but can't say that about the last month. We only played competitive basketball once in the regular season after punter got hurt.

Great job this week for sure though

Chris is correct, 1 spot open currently and if Kasongo leaves as most assume he will that's room for 2, Bowden and a big seems most likely.

As for Delarosa, Tennessee is talking with the SEC office, there's a SEC waiver that would be required for him to play in this league. I don't quite understand the rule, but something about semesters spent somewhere, it was apparently put into place for SEC football teams and not Delarosa's situation, but yea, that's what's going on there.

Thanks

I think I might know the rule

Has be been at more than 1 juco?

I would agree Barnes did a great job this week but can't say that about the last month. We only played competitive basketball once in the regular season after punter got hurt.

And I think Lewis was saying he expected zero, but I see what you're saying.

Kinda hard to seamlessly replace a senior averaging 20 ppg 3/4 through the season.

Kinda hard to seamlessly replace a senior averaging 20 ppg 3/4 through the season.

Agreed

Shocked we beat lsu and Vandy in that short time. Seems to me if we could do that we should have at least competed against ark, ole miss at home better

Nope, just the one.

However check out my post in the recruiting discussion thread, think that's likely a sign we are moving on from ADR.

If we do take Bowden, you would have to think we wait for an answer on Yurtseven before taking the JUCO who went to Indiana or someone else..

I'd say that even with KP, the same could be said. Lack of any other elite talent coupled with our entire lack of size down low, and this just wasn't a good team. In retrospect, the results we saw should have been expected. I think this team is .500 or very slightly better with a healthy KP, but even then, not what we have becone accustomed to post-Buzz days.

If we make a play the juco kid it's much more likely they know we are out of it with him IMO

That...OR maybe the staff doesn't want to get caught with their pants down so to speak, and feel that getting 1 of those guys is better than none.

Do I think the staff may feel landing Yurtseven in unlikely, that's completely possible, but do I feel the staff has been informed they are out of it or have no chance at home, no I don't.

VN Store

Back