Over, Under, or on Par performances

Par. We sucked for a while but got on a run and almost covered. We just have to get better a little at a time. Candy went to ot to Stony Brook. It happens to a lot of teams. We just need to win the games we are supposed to and a few we aren't.

Par is appropriate considering the crowd for much of the game acted like they were at a golf match.

If Marshall has an over .500 record I will change Because we have 3 votes that say it was close to par but for now this is a game where we played a 11-21 team and trailed by 16 in the 2nd half

5-4 votes for under

Last edited:
If Marshall has an over .500 record I will change Because we have 3 votes that say it was close to par but for now this is a game where we played a 11-21 team and trailed by 16 in the 2nd half

5-4 votes for under
Last I checked they were an 0-0 team this season.

Under par. You don't get down by that many to a team like Marshall. I'll take any win, but there's a lot to be concerned about.

5-4 votes for under

So in other words this is the "bruin has the overriding decision" thread, you think it was no doubt under par so that's what it will be?

The tally is 6-5 FOR PAR, or does your vote count twice?

Last edited:
There you go again letting facts get in the way.

We had a

1) way way way under par

2) not quiet par

3) just under par

4) once we got into a rhythm in the 2nd half par

5) par

6) par

That's 4 under pars to 2 pars unless of course you prefer making up responses again

Here's the posts...

Good comeback

Way way way under achieving for this game.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but I see it more toward par. Not quite par but pretty close, poor start and all.

I think Barnes was using the Marshall game as an opportunity to play different combinations early. All 11 players saw time in the first half. Once they settled in to the rhythm in the 2nd half they were on par.

Slightly under. Once UT got it together they were clearly the better team though.

All things considered, par

I agree with you on par, at the end of the day we won and came very close to hitting the spread, I would go with par.

At a minimum that 3-3, 2/3 under didn't feel it was deserving of under, just slightly under, so how you got 4-2 is beyond me.

I'll say subpar performance right now, but I'm really starting to question the talent level and skills of the indivduals on this team.

I think we may struggle to finish .500, and if that is the case, a lot of the games that seemed subpar at the time may actually be on par with our actual talent in hindsight.

I'll say subpar performance right now, but I'm really starting to question the talent level and skills of the indivduals on this team.

I think we may struggle to finish .500, and if that is the case, a lot of the games that seemed subpar at the time may actually be on par with our actual talent in hindsight.

This. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure this team can really under perform and beat many teams, they're not good enough(IMO) to have much of an off night and still win.

Par.
How can you look at this roster, (present development) and conclude any win to be sub par?

We have 1 player that may even sniff a pair of NBA shorts and he's hobbled by sickness and injury.

Parity ==? The Elites and the rest of us.

This. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure this team can really under perform and beat many teams, they're not good enough(IMO) to have much of an off night and still win.

If this is true then we might not win 5 SEC games.

The SEC isn't good but by golly it's better than the next to last team in a bad basketball league in CUSA.

I am still at my 16 win prediction Because this team has a lot of guys with a hell of a lot of experience

Ga tech is by far our best performance and there is simply zero excuse for sleep walking thru well over Half of a game vs a team that is beyond awful. Bs acting as if the parity in CUSA is the same as the parity in the SEC

So that's 7-5 votes for par, yet the OP has it listed at under par?

If you want to count in your own ignorant way start your own thread it isn't hard

While you are at it maybe you can start saying we are 3-0 and beat Ga Tech since we scored just a little less than them or we weren't quiet there in the scoring department but pretty darn close.

Last edited:
If you want to count in your own ignorant way start your own thread it isn't hard

While you are at it maybe you can start saying we are 3-0 and beat Ga Tech since we scored just a little less than them or we weren't quiet there in the scoring department but pretty darn close.

Here's everyone's response Bruin, not sure the point in having this thread if you're just gonna override the votes of others?

Good comeback

Way way way under achieving for this game.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but I see it more toward par. Not quite par but pretty close, poor start and all.

Parity is real and present in college bball. The talent isn't as far apart from a power 5 school to mid major. Ive read here from some that Marshall is poorly coached. But the players still want to pull an upset against a power 5. So with the personnel and lack of that knowledgeable basketvol fans know we have right now, any win is a good one. Jmo

I think Barnes was using the Marshall game as an opportunity to play different combinations early. All 11 players saw time in the first half. Once they settled in to the rhythm in the 2nd half they were on par.

Slightly under. Once UT got it together they were clearly the better team though.

All things considered, par
I agree with you on par, at the end of the day we won and came very close to hitting the spread, I would go with par.

Under par

Par. We sucked for a while but got on a run and almost covered. We just have to get better a little at a time. Candy went to ot to Stony Brook. It happens to a lot of teams. We just need to win the games we are supposed to and a few we aren't.

Par is appropriate considering the crowd for much of the game acted like they were at a golf match.

Under par. You don't get down by that many to a team like Marshall. I'll take any win, but there's a lot to be concerned about.

Par.
How can you look at this roster, (present development) and conclude any win to be sub par?

We have 1 player that may even sniff a pair of NBA shorts and he's hobbled by sickness and injury.

Parity ==? The Elites and the rest of us.

I'd go par. We are going to go as Punter goes this year.

I vote par for the Marshall game.

I count 9-6 in favor of par, mind telling me which part of that is "ignorant counting"?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back