Outlook on program

I cant say this is saban's best team yet. A&M is the only decent team (and A&M isnt anything special) they have played thus far and LSU may be the only good team they play all season until SECCG.

No one has mentioned injuries playing into this. I'm sure after JG got bashed several times and Bama rolling up 28 points in 1 qtr. CJP was concerned about his players getting injured.

So when the chips are down he quits? The best thing to happen was for JG to get injured else we don't score at all.

It’s quite obvious your a Keller Chryst fan lol

Not really a fan just think he wan't given a shot this year. Yes he is a senior and we are building but to not play him more and let JG learn by watching is a shame, and watching in practice isn't the same. It may have been a little harsh to say it was the best thing but it did show that KC can play. And if JG doesn't go out he would have likely been injured worse because he just can't get rid of the ball quick enough and BAMA wasn't about to let up.

My concern is usually during the season we get some commits. It has been quiet on the recruiting front big time. I’m sure we are getting it done but it’s making me a little anxious.

Worry not. We already have the bulk in place. Remember, jumbo classes aren't allowed anymore. 25 is pretty much the hard limit afaik. We already have 20 and the guys we are hoping to fill up with are 5 stars that will wait until signing day (crouch, wright, etc).

Not really a fan just think he wan't given a shot this year. Yes he is a senior and we are building but to not play him more and let JG learn by watching is a shame, and watching in practice isn't the same. It may have been a little harsh to say it was the best thing but it did show that KC can play. And if JG doesn't go out he would have likely been injured worse because he just can't get rid of the ball quick enough and BAMA wasn't about to let up.

Pruitt ain't playing for this season. Furthermore, Chryst would not have changed the outcome of all those 26 point losses. At worst, he doesn't have an elite game vs Aub and steal that one.

When the staff came in, they said JG didn't know basic ish. Chryst does because he was well coached. Now JG needs a year to implement what the staff taught him. He will be experienced next offseason and should take a big leap in the mental part. Pruitt and Helton are setting him up to be a deadly threat the next 2 years once he puts it all together.

Alabama has great athletes at every position, Tennessee has few SEC players at any position, therein lies the problem.
Can Pruitt recruit his way out of this train wreck, that, Vol fans will determine his success as well as Tennessee’s success

Good Luck coach Pruitt
Go Vols

Pruitt ain't playing for this season. Furthermore, Chryst would not have changed the outcome of all those 26 point losses. At worst, he doesn't have an elite game vs Aub and steal that one.

When the staff came in, they said JG didn't know basic ish. Chryst does because he was well coached. Now JG needs a year to implement what the staff taught him. He will be experienced next offseason and should take a big leap in the mental part. Pruitt and Helton are setting him up to be a deadly threat the next 2 years once he puts it all together.

I wouldn’t bet on JG becoming a great QB, serviceable yes, great, I’m not so sure

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I mean I see where your coming from but let’s be honest JG had absolutely zero time or opportunities to make any plays against Bama. I’m not trying to defend JG either but Bama layed of the blitzing once KC came into the game. I still think JG is the future, in saying that though KC is much better at reading the defense pre-snap.

His pregame speeches are fine lol there have been tidbits posted everywhere before the games are played.

Maybe so but we seem to be completely flat at the beginning of every game. Even the ETSU and UTEP games. Zero energy on our sidelines at the beginning of the game.

So maybe he does need to work on his pregame stuff.

Maybe so but we seem to be completely flat at the beginning of every game. Even the ETSU and UTEP games. Zero energy on our sidelines at the beginning of the game.

So maybe he does need to work on his pregame stuff.
New schemes and no confidence can do that. They turned the corner like Pruitt said during the Florida loss and it showed up the next week

Last edited:
This is not Saban's best team, but it may be the most dominant given what Tua and the wideouts can post on the scoreboard. Which in turn puts every opposing team in the position of becoming one dimensional on offense, early in games.

This is not close to Bama's best D under Saban.

Let's hope your last statement is true and it's because they lost their DC last year who went to be HC of the good guys. That offense is by far the best I've seen in Gump land since the Bear perfected the triple option wishbone in the early to mid 70s.

Current state: Pruitt trying to salvage a team that was poised to go 2-10 under Coach butch jerk.

Pruitt recruiting and succeeding as of now with getting the young guns he wants on a real Tennessee football team.

This jet is just getting off the ground and Pruitt is doing errrthing possible. The best part is that he dont wanna talk either. I wish he didn't have to do the pressers on Monday so he could do what hes doing

The Monday pressers are good for Pruitt I believe. He appears to be one who is driven hard to win and hates to lose. As a young HC, the extra day to look at film and ponder Saturday's game seems to allow him to give pointed but less edgy comments than he may give after the first half or post game. I think he's getting better in those arenas too.

Reactions: TrentVol
Yesterday’s beat down was no surprise as in my opinion this was Sabans best team he has ever had and will go down as perhaps a top 3 collegiate team of all time. It’s been said over and over again but our team stayed fighting and continued to play. I don’t think anyone should be deterred from yesterday’s outcome; Pruitt has us going in the right direction. I think that Auburn win looks much better down the road and hopefully bodes success for late October and November. His halftime comments is just the truth and it’s not going to damage any of the locker room. Keep faith and Go Vols

We have to go beyond the "the team keeps fighting". Saban gave that compliment. Pruitt knows that this team must fight but also play smart and not lose their poise. That's probably hard for an 18-21 year old to do. His comment that some players on this team just aren't ready for these types of big games is accurate. Personally, that is a little concerning for me for when this team plays South Carolina, Kentucky, and Missouri. Gotta win at least 1-3 of those games to get to 6. If this team has leaders, they need to show up in these last five games every game for a full 60 minutes and help the less mature ones. Mistakes in these games may be the difference between a close W or a close L. I would much rather have a straight shooter like Pruitt who has been at the top of the game several times. Surely some of his players currently understand that when he's talking, he's presenting to them what it takes to get to the top levels in the SEC and nation in football. Some will get it and move on; a few may not and leave.

If you think it's funny then why don't you post what Pruitt told his team before the BAMA game? Pruitt went into this game not wanting to get embarrassed. Came out 2nd half with QB under center to run the clock and even then BAMA had to slow walk a drive to avoid scoring again and I thought Pruitt looked more concerned about that drive than any other time during the game. Some coaches play not to lose. Some play to win. And in the bama game the coach played to lose without embarrassment.

Which is why he called an onside kick.

VN Store

Back