Outlook on program

KeyVol14

Yesterday’s beat down was no surprise as in my opinion this was Sabans best team he has ever had and will go down as perhaps a top 3 collegiate team of all time. It’s been said over and over again but our team stayed fighting and continued to play. I don’t think anyone should be deterred from yesterday’s outcome; Pruitt has us going in the right direction. I think that Auburn win looks much better down the road and hopefully bodes success for late October and November. His halftime comments is just the truth and it’s not going to damage any of the locker room. Keep faith and Go Vols

Yesterday’s beat down was no surprise as in my opinion this was Sabans best team he has ever had and will go down as perhaps a top 3 collegiate team of all time. It’s been said over and over again but our team stayed fighting and continued to play. I don’t think anyone should be deterred from yesterday’s outcome; Pruitt has us going in the right direction. I think that Auburn win looks much better down the road and hopefully bodes success for late October and November. His halftime comments is just the truth and it’s not going to damage any of the locker room. Keep faith and Go Vols

This is not Saban's best team, but it may be the most dominant given what Tua and the wideouts can post on the scoreboard. Which in turn puts every opposing team in the position of becoming one dimensional on offense, early in games.

This is not close to Bama's best D under Saban.

This is not Saban's best team, but it may be the most dominant given what Tua and the wideouts can post on the scoreboard. Which in turn puts every opposing team in the position of becoming one dimensional on offense, early in games.

Most dominant doesn’t equal best?

Most dominant doesn’t equal best?

I don't think so here. They create dominant victories like I said because of what their offense can do but it is all about Tua. The dynamic of this team is shaken dramatically if they lose him. Their D is not shut down like in the past but that is ok as long as Tua plays.

sometimes it's almost like being very picky choosing between Bama's best teams I guess, but IMO, this is the best team he's ever had...of course, to me, Tua makes it so for me...heck, I could probably complete a couple behind that line...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT GAMECOCKS!

Reactions: VOLINVONORE

Just because the defense is not as dominant as years prior shouldn’t mean it lowers there quality of a team overall. This team scores at will and there defense is still elite.

Reactions: feathersax
Overreaction to Auburn win followed by overreacting to Alabama loss
I dont think anyone is going to beat Alabama and Auburn is a meh football team.

I’m still excited about the Auburn win. I knew that Alabama would beat us by 30+. They would do the same to Florida and any other program.

Overreaction to Auburn win followed by overreacting to Alabama loss
I dont think anyone is going to beat Alabama and Auburn is a meh football team.
I don’t how you could say it was an overreaction to us beating auburn. Nobody was predicting a win for us. There’s players on this team that are playing good football compared to previous years; that equates to them being properly coached and developed .

I don't think so here. They create dominant victories like I said because of what their offense can do but it is all about Tua. The dynamic of this team is shaken dramatically if they lose him. Their D is not shut down like in the past but that is ok as long as Tua plays.

I think I agree. Their defense is 35th in total defense this year, not quite as dominant as years past. I just don’t know if a team out there that can match them TD for TD and keep it close in the 4th.

That said, I don’t think there is as big a drop off when they go to Hurts as you think. That pic 6 was a fluke. He’s not as polished as a thrower, but I don’t think it changes the dynamic that much

Tua is deadly accurate. Don't see many come along like that.
He should've been sacked one time, spun out, made a wicked throw that was incomplete, but the receiver should've had it. He's good, I hate it cause of bama, but he's good.

He should've been sacked one time, spun out, made a wicked throw that was incomplete, but the receiver should've had it. He's good, I hate it cause of bama, but he's good.

When I watched that play from the stands, I saw Tua about to be sacked and immediately looked downfield to see who was doing what. On cue, our DB was looking into the backfield watching Tua and allowed that receiver to run free and almost make the grab. That's what irked me the most. He's 40 yards downfield and has zero business looking into the backfield at the qb. Stay on your man. These DB's have got to get more fundamentally sound overall. But yeah, Tua's one of the best I've seen.

My concern is usually during the season we get some commits. It has been quiet on the recruiting front big time. I’m sure we are getting it done but it’s making me a little anxious.

The past 5 years (especially, year 2-4), it appeared Jones usually had in-season commits to announce after a loss (to lessen the blow and redirect the attention to how well Jones was recruiting). I am really starting to believe it was all about Jones wanting to make Jones look good.

Reactions: lifeVol and TGVol
When I watched that play from the stands, I saw Tua about to be sacked and immediately looked downfield to see who was doing what. On cue, our DB was looking into the backfield watching Tua and allowed that receiver to run free and almost make the grab. That's what irked me the most. He's 40 yards downfield and has zero business looking into the backfield at the qb. Stay on your man. These DB's have got to get more fundamentally sound overall. But yeah, Tua's one of the best I've seen.
I thought everybody wanted our Db's to look back

Current state: Pruitt trying to salvage a team that was poised to go 2-10 under Coach butch jerk.

Pruitt recruiting and succeeding as of now with getting the young guns he wants on a real Tennessee football team.

This jet is just getting off the ground and Pruitt is doing errrthing possible. The best part is that he dont wanna talk either. I wish he didn't have to do the pressers on Monday so he could do what hes doing

VN Store

Back