"Out-Cuonzoed"

I know that you're already aware of this, but I'll go ahead and say it again: you truly are a miserable dolt. Not I nor anyone else cares what you think or have to say about UT bball.

I'm not miserable at all. I just know what it takes to win and am not one of those " everybody gets a trophy" fans. When coaches are getting paid the exorbitant salaries they are in today's game, I expect them to have their teams ready to play as well as get out and recruit some great players ( not just good players like Barnes has done so far). Been a fan a long time and outside of Mears and Pearl, I have watched our BB program underachieve while the majority seems to accept it. With fans like yourself, that's never going to change. With the resources we have, we should expect to be one of the top 2-4 programs in the SEC every single year vs. bottom dwellers. Good day!

Guess we can all agree Barnes has now been beaten and out coached by two of our former coaches.

Last edited:
I know that you're already aware of this, but I'll go ahead and say it again: you truly are a miserable dolt. Not I nor anyone else cares what you think or have to say about UT bball.[

And at least you agree with me that Barnes got out coached based on several of your posts. Sounds like you might be miserable too.

Two of your posts:

1. Not saying you're wrong, but Barnes is responsible for the poor planning and lack of adjustments that led to those players going 2-20.

2.Ugh, that sucks. Barnes botched this game. Very bad offensive planning and sloppy defense. They had us on our heels or out of position way too much.

I'm not miserable at all. I just know what it takes to win and am not one of those " everybody gets a trophy" fans. When coaches are getting paid the exorbitant salaries they are in today's game, I expect them to have their teams ready to play as well as get out and recruit some great players ( not just good players like Barnes has done so far). Been a fan a long time and outside of Mears and Pearl, I have watched our BB program underachieve while the majority seems to accept it. With fans like yourself, that's never going to change. With the resources we have, we should expect to be one of the top 2-4 programs in the SEC every single year vs. bottom dwellers. Good day!

Now we're bottom dwellers. :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Now we're bottom dwellers. :crazy:

For you delusional fans, here are our results in the SEC for the past 4 seasons

2014-15. 10th
2015-16. 12th
2016-17. 10th
2017-18 tied 6th ( as of today)

That's pretty much towards the bottom if you ask me.

For you delusional fans, here are our results in the SEC for the past 4 seasons

2014-15. 10th
2015-16. 12th
2016-17. 10th
2017-18 tied 6th ( as of today)

That's pretty much towards the bottom if you ask me.

6 is at the bottom of 14? Math is hard.

Hats off to CCM. He won at his house with his style.
I still like CRB's style and ability to adapt and think he's twice the coach Coach Martin is in terms of savvy and ceiling. GBO!!!

Back handed compliment?

How's that working out for KY? Were you expecting to go undefeated?
We're set up for better recruiting next 2 classes.

I continue to be amazed at people who are shocked that Top 100 players weren’t beating down our door to play here after we had to fire two coaches for cause in four years.

Just so you know I can do math ( with a calculator lol) , Barnes average standing in the SEC including this year , is 9.5. Is that better?

Apparently you've not incorporated a weighted average. Can you plot out the trend on a graph using a moving average?

Is your calculator an HP with scientific functionality or just a Bomar Brain?

Guards lost this game...........PERIOD............Bowden gets very timid in CLOSE games, Bone, sometimes he's aggressive and then sometimes he just "dribbling"........Turner... Just can't move his feet on defense...... !!!

Way too much meaningless dribbling vs a CMartin defense. Probably the worst game they played this yr.

He's good at getting out just before he gets fired. You happen to check out Cal's W-L record? They're 7-12 and 1-5 in conference. Just like when he left UT, he didn't exactly leave the roster in good shape. He would be sucking wind at Cal this year.

He got UT at home. He barely beat UT at home when UT didn't play their best. I'll bet a large chunk of money that UT would beat them on a neutral court and whip their ass at home.

The only thing he has been able to do is recruit. However, even with great talent he has shown he doesn't know what to do with it. Time will tell if he can ever make it over the hump, but he's an average X's and O's coach at best.

The Butch Jones of basketball?

Cuonzo Martin is still an average coach at best.

He just happened to catch us on a bad shooting night.

Regardless, I don’t miss him nor his racist hollering crying a** because he wasn’t wanted here.

Come on get over the personal grudge. They played us tough defensively--a Cuonzo trademark. I still am glad we have Barnes as I think he is a better coach, but I'm honest enough to give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
This one riles up the fans just as it did vs Auburn. They don't like losing to their former coaches. A win would have confirmed...in their minds at least...UT was better off without CCM or BP. This is a very limited team offensively. We're going to have a lot of nights like last night. Team has exceeded my expectations so far this year. If they make the tournament with this roster, that would be impressive. Still a long way to go. Depth is still a concern in my mind. Better pray we stay healthy in the top 7. Losing a player from the rotation would be a killer to our hopes.

You hit the nail on the head with the depth concerns - mainly in the post but some at the guard position.

Backcourt - Turner isn't afraid to take the big shot but more often than not he makes buffoon like mistakes especially when pressured. Also, I was hoping Darrington would be giving a little bit more consistency. Johnson is still not fully back from injury.

Post - not much help here. Walker is still young and gets lost on defense too many times. Fulkerson is just a warm body that needs to get his pre injury game back because he looks clumsy for the most part on the court. I think many hoped Pons athleticism would provide something but he seems destined for a redshirt.

We have to get at least 75% of the results from the bench like in pre conference play.

I'm just thankful Buzz Peterson and Jerry Green are not in the league.

0-2 this season against former coaches , :thud:

He took Barnes to school tonight. And Rick didn't do his homework...

How exactly though?

I feel everyone has a knee jerk reaction when UT loses and immediately blames the coach. Barnes isn't perfect. Players are the ones making plays. Even bad coaches can win a lot of games on the backs of his players (Butch). Barnes is no bad coach, and I don't believe CCM outcoached him. UT just didn't make shots they've been making all year.

How exactly though?

I feel everyone has a knee jerk reaction when UT loses and immediately blames the coach. Barnes isn't perfect. Players are the ones making plays. Even bad coaches can win a lot of games on the backs of his players (Butch). Barnes is no bad coach, and I don't believe CCM outcoached him. UT just didn't make shots they've been making all year.

This!!!!!

Barnes was not outcoached. Our players simply missed shots they SHOULD have made.

How exactly though?

35 of our 53 shots came from outside the paint. That isn't our game. Martin forced us out of our comfort zone and made us play from outside. And then we didn't make shots. It isn't just that we didn't make shots. It's that we were forced to take the shots Mizzou wanted us to take.

For comparison...
- 23 of 53 from outside the paint in win vs Vandy
- 25 of 55 from outside the paint in win vs UK

Doesn't make Barnes a bad coach. He just couldn't find ways to get the ball inside, or couldn't get his team to do the things he wanted them to do last night. Live to fight another day and move on.

VN Store

Back