"Our goal is to keep Scotty and Tobias in the fold"

Wow, this thread broke out the kool aid. A little overly optimistic perhaps, but I'll take it over the rest of the board's moaning over the last 12 hours.

My prediction of top 15 is based on the absolute best-case scenario happening. I don't really know how realistic I think it is that everyone returns.

My prediction of top 15 is based on the absolute best-case scenario happening. I don't really know how realistic I think it is that everyone returns.

Yeah. That would be a little too lucky. I think the better scenario is losing Jones and Harris and pulling both of the recruits mentioned. Tennessee could still field a pretty competitive team next year if that happened.

It seems like Richardson, Ware, and Hopson are likely to be on the squad next year. Jones, Harris, or Porter would be icing on the cake.

Only way McRae sees the court next year is if he starts taking things a little more serious... especially on the defensive end. McRae has a little Brian Williams to him, and I think B-Will's departure will help in McRae's maturation. I hope anyway. I tailgated with him and Hops and B-Will before a couple football games last season. Funny guys and a lot of charisma. Not too bad at cornhole either:)

Maybe he can get Tatum turned around as well as Swiperboy and McRae. That goes for Scotty if he stays. In all of the cases above, I believe most of their problems and inconsistencies are mental and/or motivation. Improvements from those 4 and Hall would be huge.

A lot is going to happen in the next couple of days in regard to current players and recruits. Hopson would probably benefit the most from staying. He has all the potential in the world, but he has a lot of work to do (shot release is slow, lacks defensive tenacity, attitude). Harris could go if he wants, but he would also benefit from at least one more year.

People need to settle down about Stokes. He's a '12 recruit, and we have much more time to recruit him in comparison to the '11 guys and current signees.

Best case scenario: Hopson and Harris stay, Ware and Jones stay committed to their LOIs, pick up one or two more guys with Zo coming in, we are going to have a very good team next year. The only downside is adopting a new philosophy, new offense and defense.

Coach Zo is all over this. No worries.

I am not yet in the keep Scotty camp. We will learn his character soon. The guy never committed to playing defense in the whole time he has been here. That does not sound like Coach Zo's type of player. Scotty is going to have to grow a pair and get dirty before he will work out in this system. If he decides to stay that may mean he is ready to do that. Will see.

Scotty's defensive woes aren't just a college basketball issue. It hurts his NBA draft prospects as well. Not one coach wants a guy that can't play a lick of defense.

caddyfap.gif

:lolabove: Sharted!

Roster would be:
1 Jordan McRae So.
3 Renaldo Woolridge Sr.
10 Cameron Tatum Sr.
11 Trae Golden So.
12 Tobias Harris So.
13 Skylar McBee Jr.
14 Tyler Summitt So.
20 Kenny Hall Jr.
32 Scotty Hopson Sr.
34 Jeronne Maymon Jr.
-- Rob Murphy Jr.
-- Chris Jones Fr.
-- Kevin Ware Fr.
-- Otto Porter Fr.
-- Josh Richardson Fr.

Very solid squad.

One can only pray! Would be nice if this is what we look like next year.

Yeah. That would be a little too lucky. I think the better scenario is losing Jones and Harris and pulling both of the recruits mentioned. Tennessee could still field a pretty competitive team next year if that happened.

I'm just hoping for a scenario where we have a talented enough team to go to the tournament.

It's a lot more realistic than you think. Consider the following:

Harris - His dad said he would only enter the draft if he's a lottery pick...he's likely to go at the end of the 1st round but unlikely to go lottery. Also, the potential for a NBA lockout may affect his decision.

Hopson - Has already stated he is coming back. He will not get drafted in the 1st round (meaning no guaranteed contract). He has improved every year and has a chance to be a late-first rounder in the 2012 NBA draft if he builds on his improvements this year.

Ware/Jones - Both have signed LOIs with UT (meaning we do not have to release them, and, if we do, we can place restrictions on the release). Martin should be able to convince the two to stick with UT. He's a dynamic recruiter and will likely have a nice staff with connections in ATL and Memphis. If Martin can convince one to stick with UT, it sounds like the other will stick.

Scotty's defensive woes aren't just a college basketball issue. It hurts his NBA draft prospects as well. Not one coach wants a guy that can't play a lick of defense.

Jimmer Fredette is a consensus first round pick, and many have him as a lottery pick. Jimmer's D is worse then Scotty's, but I agree that Scotty could improve his draft status with a solid year.

It's a lot more realistic than you think. Consider the following:

Harris - His dad said he would only enter the draft if he's a lottery pick...he's likely to go at the end of the 1st round but unlikely to go lottery. Also, the potential for a NBA lockout may affect his decision.

Hopson - Has already stated he is coming back. He will not get drafted in the 1st round (meaning no guaranteed contract). He has improved every year and has a chance to be a late-first rounder in the 2012 NBA draft if he builds on his improvements this year.

Ware/Jones - Both have signed LOIs with UT (meaning we do not have to release them, and, if we do, we can place restrictions on the release). Martin should be able to convince the two to stick with UT. He's a dynamic recruiter and will likely have a nice staff with connections in ATL and Memphis. If Martin can convince one to stick with UT, it sounds like the other will stick.

When did he say he was coming back?

So Tobias was doing NBA workouts, but Hopson wasn't because he did it last year, and you can only do it once. Is that correct?

VN Store

Back