Our 12th man........Neyland Stadium!!

I was in section ZZ for South Carolina and I thought the feet stompers were going to bring the whole stadium down 😆 feeling the section rumble was a bit unsettling
Myself and @zeppelin128 are in zz13 for this game. Been a while since we sat in the upper deck(we go to one game a year, this is our 22 consecutive year) glad to know it's still rowdy up there. My dad and myself had season tickets from 85'-2010 in xx2.

In the really think we will win. Especially if crowd is in it. We will blow them out.

This. It helps to think of the crowd as a team, and the noise is a product of the team's constant participation. We all work together to create that oppressive blanket of noise, and the volume in a particular moment is less important than the constant production of sound that disrupts the opposing team's communication. Different octaves, different notes, different tones - it's all good, the crowd's got that covered - the goal is simply to fill in that wall of noise with every kind of sound we've got.

As much as loathe the Gators, I really admire how they sing Tom Petty’s “Won’t Back Down” during some (all?) home games. Impressive how that many people sound when they’re all singing in unison…without any music or marching band or PA playing the song.

I know, I know…we sing the chorus of Rocky Top all the time. We can’t ever stop that. But most of us don’t know all the words so we just wait for the chorus and then we’re all singing along.

FL does “Won’t Back Down” with no music at all. It’s just the crowd singing acapella. Find it on YouTube. I like it and wish we could find a song that everybody knows and likes and then just get on with it…maybe during halftime or one of those 36-minute long commercial breaks, etc.

Just thinking out loud, friends.

The house that Neyland built. The Cathedral of the South. Love me some Big Orange Football . Live life, love them Vols

Reactions: RTVFL89
Myself and @zeppelin128 are in zz13 for this game. Been a while since we sat in the upper deck(we go to one game a year, this is our 22 consecutive year) glad to know it's still rowdy up there. My dad and myself had season tickets from 85'-2010 in xx2.
To think at one point I was a K*ntucky fan before I went to a game at Neyland. Lol

I'm still pissed about the Gaffney "catch".

To think at one point I was a K*ntucky fan before I went to a game at Neyland. Lol

I'm still pissed about the Gaffney "catch".
When it was Florida week someone on X posted it. I was brought back to the original "throw stuff on the field game" The refs were faster than any football player that day leaving the field

Well now that Gary Danielson said Neyland is just that same as ever other stadium. I think we should show CBS and A & M why it is so special. Lets Burst their eardrums!

Reactions: VOLFan65

VN Store

Back