Otha Peters to Transfer?

Ray Lewis and Derrick Johnson were the only linebackers that I ever saw dictate a college game. One is a hall of famer and the other is not. Your misunderstood post claims that I don't think a linebacker can have an impact on a game. I certainly think a linebacker can dominate the results of a game. I want you to know we are talking about the unproven Otha Peters. Will he be great? Maybe. He needs help though, and a championship calibur team to go along with him. Do you think Tenn is knocking on the door of that? If so, my apologies for being silly, Silly. :whistling:

I guess you didn't see Derrick Thomas play.

Reactions: 1 person
Otha Peters can't transfer because he's currently in high school. He graduates in May of 2012. He has signed a letter of intent to play with Arkansas. Arkansas will not release him from LOI. Why would they? When he enrolls at Arkansas this summer, they would never release him to another SEC school. Why would they?

I remember the first time I learned about bold and underline too

Reactions: 3 people
The situation at Ark is similar to what happens anytime a coach leaves. At first, the sky is falling, then once they hire a new coach all indications will be how he will be great and that they are better than they were before. It's also silly to think that Petrino is the only reason Peters went to Ark. He's developed friendships that run deep by now.

It's funny that Petrino used Tennessee's coaching staff uncertainty ( aka 2012 supposedly being Dooley's last year ) to get Otha to flip to Arkansas. Pretty ironic and comical.

Reactions: 3 people
If he does inquire, I hope Dooley tells him to stuff it.

If he does inquire, I hope Dooley takes him and remember that he is an 18 year KID.

The boy is still a HELL of PLAYER. We needed him then and we could use him now.

This is business to UT and a game to us fans.

I want him to live with his decision and learn a lesson, but UT would be crazy not to take an LB with his potential.

Maybe the lesson was learned thru all the mess and he may be willing to take the heat and bite the bullet; seeing that it was a mistake. Who knows? I wish him well either way.

just speculating on what has/will happen, but more than likely Otha has tested the waters with the university to inquire about getting released from his LOI, which almost certainly would not be granted. if the kid were to be released from his LOI, i would really wonder if it were due to some less than moral circumstances during his recruitment, that would be worse to deal with, than losing a LB committ. like i said, just baseless speculation, but this is the forum for that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UplJBQi_0_w[/youtube]

He can get released from his LOI even if Arky tried to block it. Everybody has someone that they answer to. SEC// Acc Pac 10 Big Twelve = NCAA simple appeal and recent circumstances give him an open door; he would just have to do it before he graduates so he doesn't have to sit out a year with whatever school he decides to go to.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure he would have to sit out two years, having never even enrolled, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure he would have to sit out two years, having never even enrolled, correct me if I'm wrong.

The rule you're speaking of does apply to the students who did early enrollment.

You are wrong Sweetie. Because he has NOT graduated from high school yet, and only signed an LOI, he has a legit argument if he chooses to pursue, but he would have to do begin the process BEFORE he walks across his high school stage!!!!!

He would not be subject to sitting out because he not yet stepped foot on campus as a student. He's still a recruit, so there a short window for him to get out of it and come back to UT :) if he wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I thought if Otha made contact, he could. Is that just apply before the LOI is signed?

He's fair game until the LOI is signed, with the exception of certain periods.

I edited my previous response to include the NCAA bylaw 13.1.1.3 as the source of my information.

You might recall Maryland accusing James Franklin of tampering with a quarterback.

VN Store

Back