Orlando/Old Spice Classic

Not sure why Reese is starting, unless DT likes McGhee's energy coming off the bench
Rebounding and IF Reese shoots the open 3. Reese's length on the press help a lot too, he's helped force several turnovers in games. I love McGhee's energy and that wouldn't surprise me either.

Sound like we'll finally get to see Chiles in action. Know if he has been practicing at the 1 or just the 2? If he could spell Rich and Punter at the point some that would be huge. Plus he's another 3 point weapon.

Betting he doesn't play

Assuming they havn't (with Tyndall, can we be certain?), they certainly DO deserve support. However, this isn't Upward Basketball (of which I have a lot of respect).

This level is a business. It generates a large fanbase, support, and tradition. The program is too important to simply drag a fanbase along for a year-or-two at a time.

So, has the fanbase begun to "check-out" on Tyndall or perhaps, better stated, "checked-out" on Hart?

A lot of us haven't "checked out" on our program. As long as the institution is around, I will be supporting it, and that is because of history and tradition. I suspect you check your fanhood at the door if you are talking about not attending a game after 2 games. As stated, these players and our university have done nothing wrong and deserve support. It may be a distraction, but I hope to win every time the players take the court. You have to learn to deal with distractions every day in life. You fight through it instead of giving up.

Reactions: 1 person
That lineup scares me offensively, if we can get out and run it will work, but in half court sets that lineup scares me.

Yeah the only reason I can see as 2 why we play that line up is defensively and if we get out to a run then we make our offensive subs

Against this team I would take Reese out and put Mostella in. They are a small team on the perimeter think they have one 6'9" guy inside. I would like to see Woodson play about 20 minutes today think he could dominate inside if they could get him the ball. Regardless Armani and Josh should be able to take their smaller guards to the basket for points today.

I'm not real sure Kansas can beat Rhode Island. I doubt we can beat either. I was expecting before the season started to get consistent scoring from Punter and Mostella and they have given nothing. McGhee has been the surprise not much offensive skill still his hustle plays are worth several points a game.

Bring on Kansas gives us a chance to play somebody very good. Playing good teams makes you a better team. If we beat them wow suddenly this board will think this team is great.

Pretty sure we'll have the 2:30 game tom. When has the winners bracket played first?

That may be true for you some others, but not for me. I am supporting this team regardless. I care about this team and the hard work they put in for TN. None of them are responsible for this mess and it's wrong for the fanbase to hold this against them. These guys give their ALL for Tennessee....blood, sweat, tears, not to mention injuries and get little respect in return. And why? Because some disgruntled fan dislikes their coach. OMG...that really sucks!

A person is innocent until proven otherwise. Regardless, the guys on the team don't deserve the treatment they're getting from some folks because of what Tyndall has allegedly done.

I'm almost positive that every coach has committed some type of infraction be it big or small. Seems like TN has already had their share, but who am I to judge? We live in an imperfect world,...well at least I do.

Someone posted that no big time coach would come to UT to coach because of the roster. I suggest he checks out Volnation first. Some of you guys are ruthless. I don't think some of you will be happy with anyone.

Now don't go taking this wrong. I've met some really cool people here but lately I've seen a lot of really rude post from people who just started popping in. No wonder Freak had to repost the rules.

Well said AD! Congrats to your boy today too. He's turning into one of my favorite players on the team.

Reactions: 2 people
Anybody else worried of what Ellis and Alexander might do to our young bigs

That's my main fear,hopefully our guards can attack early and get them in foul trouble ,or open the glass up for McGhee to crash the offensive boards

Reactions: 2 people
They are not a good three pointing team hopefully that will continue tomorrow. Points will be tough to come by sure wish Punter and Mostella could get off from long distance.

VN Store

Back