Orlando/Old Spice Classic

Were not Kentucky but a Kansas game would be a lot closer than people think. Play this game in Feb-March and they win by 20.

FWIW

If you go off Sagarin's golden mean rating, it gives us a 35% chance of winning.

His predictor gives us an 18%.

KenPom gives us a 15% chance:

Kansas - 74
Tennessee - 64

I am attending this. It was a lot of fun six years ago. It also sounds like my coaching services may be needed. I do have experience leading our corporate teams.

Marquette is horrible... They trailed New Jersey Institute of Technology -one of the worst D1 programs- at half last night and only ended up winning by 5.

I am attending this. It was a lot of fun six years ago. It also sounds like my coaching services may be needed. I do have experience leading our corporate teams.

In '08 we beat Siena and Georgetown before losing to Gonzaga in the Championship 83-74...Ahhh, the good old days.

I'm really wondering how our guys, especially the 4 who have already endured one coaching debacle, are going to respond in the next 6 games.
Will the mess pull them together as a team or will the unending barrage of media pressure be too much.
Can't help but remember the result when Hamy cut their hearts out before the Michigan game a few years ago.

I'm really wondering how our guys, especially the 4 who have already endured one coaching debacle, are going to respond in the next 6 games.
Will the mess pull them together as a team or will the unending barrage of media pressure be too much.
Can't help but remember the result when Hamy cut their hearts out before the Michigan game a few years ago.

Im sure this investigation and coaches resigning is affecting them. Players develop a bond with the coaching staff. Hopefully they can remain focus on the season ahead of them. I'm sure CDT and staff are helpng them to stay on point. All of this is unfair to them but it wil definitely be a life lesson.

Tyndall did not mention a starting lineup during the media blitz. They were too busy wanting to know about the NCAA Crapp.

Reactions: 1 person
Tyndall did not mention a starting lineup during the media blitz. They were too busy wanting to know about the NCAA Crapp.

The NCAA issues are at the forefront of interest (unfortunately). The issues surrounding our coach have a much greater impact on the program than this little tournament. The year is shot. Perhaps the entire Tyndall era is shot. I don't see how Hart/Cheeks can allow it to go on without addressing it. The fanbase needs to know that someone cares and are taking "real" steps to clean it up and right the ship. I pledge to not attend games this year. I may be the only one, but I doubt it.

The NCAA issues are at the forefront of interest (unfortunately). The issues surrounding our coach have a much greater impact on the program than this little tournament. The year is shot. Perhaps the entire Tyndall era is shot. I don't see how Hart/Cheeks can allow it to go on without addressing it. The fanbase needs to know that someone cares and are taking "real" steps to clean it up and right the ship. I pledge to not attend games this year. I may be the only one, but I doubt it.

I hope you are the only one, because the players deserve our support. They did nothing wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope you are the only one, because the players deserve our support. They did nothing wrong.

Assuming they havn't (with Tyndall, can we be certain?), they certainly DO deserve support. However, this isn't Upward Basketball (of which I have a lot of respect).

This level is a business. It generates a large fanbase, support, and tradition. The program is too important to simply drag a fanbase along for a year-or-two at a time.

So, has the fanbase begun to "check-out" on Tyndall or perhaps, better stated, "checked-out" on Hart?

Assuming they havn't (with Tyndall, can we be certain?), they certainly DO deserve support. However, this isn't Upward Basketball (of which I have a lot of respect).

This level is a business. It generates a large fanbase, support, and tradition. The program is too important to simply drag a fanbase along for a year-or-two at a time.

So, has the fanbase begun to "check-out" on Tyndall or perhaps, better stated, "checked-out" on Hart?

I 100% support the program and can't wait till tomm

Reactions: 2 people

That may be true for you some others, but not for me. I am supporting this team regardless. I care about this team and the hard work they put in for TN. None of them are responsible for this mess and it's wrong for the fanbase to hold this against them. These guys give their ALL for Tennessee....blood, sweat, tears, not to mention injuries and get little respect in return. And why? Because some disgruntled fan dislikes their coach. OMG...that really sucks!

A person is innocent until proven otherwise. Regardless, the guys on the team don't deserve the treatment they're getting from some folks because of what Tyndall has allegedly done.

I'm almost positive that every coach has committed some type of infraction be it big or small. Seems like TN has already had their share, but who am I to judge? We live in an imperfect world,...well at least I do.

Someone posted that no big time coach would come to UT to coach because of the roster. I suggest he checks out Volnation first. Some of you guys are ruthless. I don't think some of you will be happy with anyone.

Now don't go taking this wrong. I've met some really cool people here but lately I've seen a lot of really rude post from people who just started popping in. No wonder Freak had to repost the rules.

Reactions: 8 people
Here's the starting five. For anyone who didn't catch it.

Starting Five: Josh Richardson, Kevin Punter, Armani Moore, Derek Reese and Willie Carmichael practiced with the first team and look to be in line to start against Santa Clara.
-RTI

Reactions: 1 person
Is Dom not healthy yet?

Injury Updates: Dominic Woodson didn’t play during last Thursday’s win over Texas Southern due to a hand injury he suffered in practice last week. He was back on the practice floor but had his left wrist and hand heavily taped in addition to practicing with a small wrap on his right hand. Yesterday was his first day of practice since last Sunday. He’s working his way back into game shape and will be available tomorrow but probably won’t play his usual minutes. Ian Chiles, who has played just one minute this season due to a nagging toe injury, returned to practice and should be available for the Orlando Classic. Chiles still isn’t 100% so don’t expect a ton of minutes from him. Devon Baulkman practiced with a wrap on his injured left shoulder and will be available for tomorrow’s game.

Notes from Tennessee's 11-26 Basketball Practice |RTI

VN Store

Back