#OregonUnderAttack

I doubt it, at least not for a while if it happened the way the militias are claiming. If they shot him first and caused him to reach for the wound, then killed him, the audio will prove that. The only way it gets released is if it exonerates them, and the fact that audio wasn't released with the video even if it came from a different source is very suspicious.

Is there audio associated with that particular video?

None that's been released, but there's no doubt that audio would have been recorded during the event. The audio is critical to go along with that video.

I agree with you but the video appears to be taken from a drone and I'm not sure if it has audio recording capability.

Video is totally inconclusive in my mind. I can't tell when shots are fired. I can't tell what is said. Yeah he s reaching in his pocket, but what happened before that? I can't tell.

I agree with you but the video appears to be taken from a drone and I'm not sure if it has audio recording capability.

The officers would have had it. The audio from their devices could be synced up with the drone footage very easily.

Assuming they are recording anything. Here, not all cars are equipped with video or sound recording.

While I understand that, there's no way the officers involved did this without audio and video recording simply because of who they were dealing with and the fact that it was on a national stage. As planned out as their takedown was, they had it documented.

While I understand that, there's no way the officers involved did this without audio and video recording simply because of who they were dealing with and the fact that it was on a national stage. As planned out as their takedown was, they had it documented.

If they are as reckless as some think maybe not and maybe that is by design.

Just watched a frame by frame breakdown of the video on the news. Cops were right for shooting him.

When a vehicle is barreling towards a roadblock and shows no sign of stopping i would say that is justification.

I wouldn't call it barreling as they were coming out of a curve and doing (in my estimate) about 35 MPH or so. Maybe a shade over. And they could have been attempting to avoid the roadblock by going to the left side and got stuck in the snow bank. I'd have to know when the first shot was put out that struck the vehicle to make a clearer determination, but if I was asked on the video alone, I'd say shooting at the vehicle was not the "last resort."

If the justification of "he was barreling towards the officer that moved into his path" is used as the original objective reasonableness for the application of deadly force, you and I both know that dog won't hunt. You can't, as an officer, put yourself into a position to have to use deadly force as that doesn't pass the OR smell test. "I moved into the path of an oncoming vehicle and had no choice but to apply deadly force" is not going to be good for any defense. Based on the video alone, the driver was swerving away from the roadblock a good 3-4 seconds prior to going off the road. And in a lethal force encounter, that's a lifetime.

Reactions: 1 person
When a vehicle is barreling towards a roadblock and shows no sign of stopping i would say that is justification.

Even after he comes out with his hands up? Obviously at the point he isn't running anyone over.

Edit: nvm, I see what you were responding to.

I'm surprised this has died down as much as it has. I would imagine fringe elements of the militias are planning on doing something out of revenge.

I'm surprised this has died down as much as it has. I would imagine fringe elements of the militias are planning on doing something out of revenge.

Probably so. Some are always looking for an excuse, any excuse to stir up trouble.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably so. Some are always looking for an excuse, any excuse to stir up trouble.

I'd really hope not.

Not for their sake, but for the remainder of us that ends up getting caught in the middle of the government overreaction to whatever they do.

I'd really hope not.

Not for their sake, but for the remainder of us that ends up getting caught in the middle of the government overreaction to whatever they do.

Yeah, I'm a little worried that they're going to do something stupid and the Feds will take on new powers. The militias are being eerily quiet right now, and I that certainly makes me wonder what they're thinking.

Yeah, I'm a little worried that they're going to do something stupid and the Feds will take on new powers. The militias are being eerily quiet right now, and I that certainly makes me wonder what they're thinking.

Honest question: How do you know that "the militias are being eerily quiet"? Where does one go to see what "the militias" are saying?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back