Oregon Kickoff Time

I was actually hoping for a noon game. I hate getting up for noon games, but I was guessing that the ducks would have hated it more.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Oregon goes from this
oregonfootball03cr-1.jpg

To This
Neyland_Stadium.box.jpg

You could be correct, I'm not saying you aren't, but you come on here with 39 posts and claim these things, so you could see why people would have a hard time believing you. Many people do this every day, and 99% of it turns out to be wrong.
So if I'm reading your statement correctly, the viability of the post is directly related to the number of posts?

I would rather have a night crowd and the night humidity, than a hot day crowd and the humidity.

A night game for that game would be absolutley nuts...Oregon can think their little 50 K stadium is loud, but we would really show them whats up!
From how I've heard things have been at Neyland over the last few years, I'd guess that Autzen can match the on-field noise level at Neyland. I was front row for USC last season and couldn't even talk with the person next to me on 3rd downs even though I was literally yelling into his ear.

Guys in this group have played games at Washington (which is actually almost in the same ballpark of heated rivalries as UofO/OSU) and Michigan in recent years. This will probably be the loudest road atmosphere the Ducks have faced recently but I doubt significantly more than some other games...

I was actually hoping for a noon game. I hate getting up for noon games, but I was guessing that the ducks would have hated it more.
The whole humidity thing hasn't been a factor when Pac-10 teams have come out to the SEC in recent years. I don't expect it to be here, especially in a night game. Besides, basically all football programs in the area tend to schedule their "hell conditioning" around our annual weeks-long stretch of high-humidity 95-100* weather. Not as humid as the south, but you are definitely working for your oxygen. I've done some outside exercise in north Florida in the middle of summer before without too much trouble. Wasn't significantly harder than the middle of summer around here.

All that said, Oregon tends to self-destruct on the road regardless of the environment. I'm expecting a close contest here.

All I know is it is going to be a great tailgate. As for the game, it's going to be rocking regardless considering we have a major OOC team coming in that is ranked in the top 10, and we should be 1-0 at the time.

From how I've heard things have been at Neyland over the last few years, I'd guess that Autzen can match the on-field noise level at Neyland. I was front row for USC last season and couldn't even talk with the person next to me on 3rd downs even though I was literally yelling into his ear.

Guys in this group have played games at Washington (which is actually almost in the same ballpark of heated rivalries as UofO/OSU) and Michigan in recent years. This will probably be the loudest road atmosphere the Ducks have faced recently but I doubt significantly more than some other games...

I've been to a few UW v. Oregon games, and while the rivalry is heated... Husky stadium doesn't have nearly the same noise level/environment as Neyland. Not even close.

I'll also add...that our official "make fun of" thread should get epic. Oregon has some of the hottest cheerleaders around.

I've been to a few UW v. Oregon games, and while the rivalry is heated... Husky stadium doesn't have nearly the same noise level/environment as Neyland. Not even close.
Hm. Never been to Husky Stadium, at least for a football game. Cool to have a Seattleite on board. Just going off what I've heard from some.

neylamd stadium will be rocking with optimism. Will a polished well timed nearly unstoppable duck offense quiet it. Or will the ducks timing be shot rendering them incapable of moving the chains like last yr show up

VN Store

Back