One Knoxville Sporting Club (USL League One)

Is the ultimate goal the USL Championship? It would be cool to see them play regularly on ESPN+, although I think ESPN+ shows a few USL 1 games a week. Hopefully no more awful camera angles.

Reactions: MAD
Knoxville finally having a team makes me wish for MLS pro/rel even more. Really happy for the club to get that step up though, look forward to seeing them on ESPN+

Is the ultimate goal the USL Championship? It would be cool to see them play regularly on ESPN+, although I think ESPN+ shows a few USL 1 games a week. Hopefully no more awful camera angles.
I have a feeling when their new stadium opens that will be the goal, USLChampionship.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
Knoxville finally having a team makes me wish for MLS pro/rel even more. Really happy for the club to get that step up though, look forward to seeing them on ESPN+

I bet that is where USL is headed and MLS will have to join them to stay relevant.

I think most MLS clubs are stable enough to survive a relegation. But I couldn’t imagine a team like Memphis 901 FC, who still play in a AAA baseball stadium, in the MLS. I watch a lot of 901 FC games and their field is awful.

On the other hand, Lou City’s new stadium is awesome and better than a few MLS stadiums.

Reactions: C/O and MAD
MLS will never buy USL and create a relegation system because of how teams are created now. They have big time buyers who have put in bids and gone through a long, expensive process to be in the MLS. No way they Stan Kroenke, Robert Kraft, or the Red Bull guy that they have to go down to the USL.

Also, I think every USL1 game is on ESPN+. That's why Big Slate will not be a part of the deal for One Knox next season. They did a phenomenal job this year, though.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back