Once and For All: The Fulmer Debate Ends Here

Should Phillip Fulmer Have Been Fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
29-21 is still better than 13-12. Didn't know you now defined success by bowl appearance. (I am impressed by your shifting-like-sand standards of success.) FYI -- Fulmer managed NYE/NYD bowl games 15 out of 17 seasons. We're batting 1 for 2 since he left.
It's called rebuilding, and that worthless piece of trash you seem to idolize is the reason we're having to rebuild.

Getting it completely wrong = par for kpt.

Not even in the ballpark of JC.

Getting completely schooled then declaring the opposition completely wrong with zero evidence, coming across as a complete fool over and over = life mission of utgibbs.

Maybe Arian Foster would be a better comparison. Unbelievably horrific season in 2008. NFL starter by the end of 2009 and leading rusher in 2010.

Last edited:
Getting it completely wrong = par for kpt.

Not even in the ballpark of JC.

You don't want to go there.

... You have brought us jewels like:

* Fulmer isn’t coaching because he is a movie star.

* Dooley agrees that he is at a 300 mile recruiting disadvantage

* A Clemson Coach said that Boyd was neck-n-neck with Parker coming out of spring practice.

* We will not beat KY with a game plan like the one we had against Ole Miss.

* Fulmer would have won 9 games with last year's team (after saying in the Winter he would have won 7. I assume you will be up to a BCS Championship by Christmas)

* QB's with vapor Lock.

* Everybody = GroupThink = Five

* Coaches cannot be in the HOF without a 60% winning percentage

I make a motion that any and all threads/posts regarding Phil Fulmer be automatically re-routed to the "The Topic That Will Never Die" thread. Because honestly, this topic is never going to die.

If this keeps up, I'll be tempted to start a "We never should have fired Bill Battle" thread.

Please don't let that happen.

Go Vols.

If this keeps up, I'll be tempted to start a "We never should have fired Bill Battle" thread.

Please don't let that happen.

Go Vols.

Now I'm tempted to return to this thread every day and post something just to see what that thread would look like! :birgits_giggle:

When I think about the title of this thread, and the fact that it has been a four-month, 183-page monstrosity with no apparent end in sight, I chuckle a bit. :)

You don't want to go there.

DVD,

Uhm, everything in that list is right. I did say KY would bring their A-game to Knoxville, and I got that wrong. The gameplan changed in the middle of the third quarter and certainly for the better. It cemented victory.

DVD,

Uhm, everything in that list is right. I did say KY would bring their A-game to Knoxville, and I got that wrong. The gameplan changed in the middle of the third quarter and certainly for the better. It cemented victory.

Dabo said Boyd was possibly going to take over the top spot at QB? I've been waiting on that quote a few months now.

DVD,

What "cemented" victory was UKs ability or lack thereof to cover Moore, and most anyone else that Bray threw it to.

Gibbs, what about the Kentucky game led you to believe they put a product on the field worse than their usual?

TenaciousD, why for the love of all things holly, did you start this unstoppable thread? It will now be the last earthly object left on this planet after we are all long gone. IT WILL NEVER EVER EVER DIE!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

From a very unreliable source.

Fulmer is in contract negotiations with Tiffin University. Just a few details to be worked out and Phil Fulmer will be named Head Coach of Tiffin University later today.
The main issue remaining is there are no Krispy Kreme Donut shops located in Tiffin, OH.
Phil is not a big fan of Duncan Donuts and he is sampling some of the local donut shops products this afternoon in order to find something acceptable. If all goes well there will be a presser at 7 PM tonight introducing Phil Fulmer as the new head coach.

Let's all hope Mr Fulmer finds an acceptable donut this afternoon.

Anarchy erupts. Coach Fulmer molded and held on to staff. The ones that moved on, did so at his recommendation. There is no loyalty to this new bunch of coaches.

Well, to be honest there's really no loyalty to any coach these days. Everyone's about money and it's part of the game now - another part of the game that passed Fulmer by.

VN Store

Back