Once and For All: The Fulmer Debate Ends Here

Should Phillip Fulmer Have Been Fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tenacious D

There is a long-standing argument amongst several posters as to whether or not Phillip Fulmer should have been fired.

Please see the last 3-5 pages of the, "Dooley Will Not Release Bryce Brown" thread for a far more thorough explanation, and to decide the merits of each argument for yourself, if you wish to do so.

However, the question at the hear of the matter is this:

Should Phillip Fulmer have been fired as head coach of the University of Tennessee football team?

Given the large amount of prognosticating which the respective sides have engaged as to the outcome of this poll, your options are intentionally limited to:

"Yes" or "No"

For the love of God, please vote, if for no other reason than to put this issue to rest, (hopefully) once and for all, either way.

There is a long-standing argument amongst several posters as to whether or not Phillip Fulmer should have been fired.

Please see the last 3-5 pages of the, "Dooley Will Not Release Bryce Brown" thread for a far more thorough explanation, and to decide the merits of each argument for yourself, if you wish to do so.

However, the question at the hear of the matter is this:

Should Phillip Fulmer have been fired as head coach of the University of Tennessee football team?

Given the large amount of prognosticating which the respective sides have engaged as to the outcome of this poll, your options are intentionally limited to:

"Yes" or "No"

For the love of God, please vote, if for no other reason than to put this issue to rest, (hopefully) once and for all, either way.

Wow...Sorta a long description there

In the 90's NO
in the 2000's heck yes

oh you forgot to start a poll thread about this :p

I refuse to vote because it's too obvious he stayed on too long. I don't get it. We just have trouble finding a replacement but that will happen hoping sooner than later.

Did this poll disappear then come back to life? Or am I just seeing things?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
colinclive.bmp

I voted YES, but if I would have had my way, he would have never been in the postion to have been fired as the HC of TN in the first place.

I voted YES, but if I would have had my way, he would have never been in the postion to have been fired as the HC of TN in the first place.

So you'd have never hired him as the Head Coach in the first place? Interesting

It appears 4 people have misread the question. I guess they must have thought there was a double negative, perhaps...

In the 90's NO
in the 2000's heck yes

Wrong answer.

Fulmer is an icon, a HOFer, and the greatest coach in school history. He'd have us back on top if he were still here today.

Quit making Bryce Brown posts in a Bennie Wylie thread.

gsm to jt5

he had a pass in 2005, so it was inevitable. 2 losing season in 4 years with all that talent?
do you think LSU fans won't call for Leslie's head even after ONE losing season? I bet even with a 7 win season again LSU fans will be calling for his head.

Since were still discussing stale arguments, why don't you start a poll on whether Randy Sanders should have been fired, whether Crompton should have remained the starter after the 2008 UCLA game, and whether John Majors got a raw deal in 1992?

Love how everyone thinks he shoulda been fired after one bad class and one really bad year.. Every coach has had their bad years and bad recruiting, but good job to Hamilton for getting rid of him in a heart beat. And good thing Hamilton brought in such an amazing young coach that he knew wasn't gonna last. And once again thanks to Hamilton for hiring a new coach after Kiffin in about record time of a day or so. In all honesty this thread should ask. "Should Hamilton be fired." In this case. Yes yes and yes.

Love how everyone thinks he shoulda been fired after one bad class and one really bad year.. Every coach has had their bad years and bad recruiting, but good job to Hamilton for getting rid of him in a heart beat. And good thing Hamilton brought in such an amazing young coach that he knew wasn't gonna last. And once again thanks to Hamilton for hiring a new coach after Kiffin in about record time of a day or so. In all honesty this thread should ask. "Should Hamilton be fired." In this case. Yes yes and yes.

Only Fulmer could turn 2 SECCG appearances into 5 win seasons.
Methinks you forget that 2005 happened.

VN Store

Back