Oklahoma; Smoke The Sooners

Since Bama doesn't have the sack to do it anymore, I'd like to see us wear home orange jerseys and OU wear their red jerseys.

And Checker Neyland for OU or Arky, smokey grays are for UGA.

I like this idea. I remember the UT/BAMA days when each wore their colors every game. It was awesome to see. UCLA/USC have been doing this for the last few years. It adds something I think.

I think you present a pretty good case for smokey grays on OU night, OP, but it's not a really, really good one. Wouldn't it better if the place was O&W'd out with the checkerboard blowing minds and orange everywhere, including all those nasty, vengeance bent orange blurs on the field? Let's see the Vols in all orange for OU. The grays have an appropriate re-introduction later with the dawgs, due to some serious unfinished business. Our guys turned the proverbial corner that hard fought day when those cool digs were unveiled. Even though UGA came out on top in that thriller, it seems righteously appropriate for grays to garner more meaning for Big Orange Country. Unfinished business, fellas and gals. The fateful day of reckoning for UGA is when I see the grays being broken out. All orange for SEC home opponents and all white for aways, and combos for OOCs (excepting OU)...but let's go black and orange for SCjr. when the ole' balls coach rolls in with his chickens. Let's treat this year as the big one and not just a more promising "Wait'll next year" year."

Reactions: 1 person
I like this idea. I remember the UT/BAMA days when each wore their colors every game. It was awesome to see. UCLA/USC have been doing this for the last few years. It adds something I think.

Yes, it does. And it is long past due for the NCAA to rescind that stupid rule dictating that the visiting team must wear white. It was relevant in the era of black and white television, but the only circumstances in which it should matter today would be instances in which the opposing teams have virtually identical color schemes, say Tennessee vs. Texas or Oklahoma vs. Alabama.

I'd assume Big Charles and Justin Martin would also like to smoke sooner, rather than later at least.

Like the song says, them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong.

Yes, it does. And it is long past due for the NCAA to rescind that stupid rule dictating that the visiting team must wear white. It was relevant in the era of black and white television, but the only circumstances in which it should matter today would be instances in which the opposing teams have virtually identical color schemes, say Tennessee vs. Texas or Oklahoma vs. Alabama.

Sadly, it is not the NCAA that is rigid. It is the SEC.

Teams can work around the NCAA rules and in some cases do so (USC/UCLA, etc). NCAA says a penalty at start of each half. Coaches can decline the penalty and have simply agreed to do so. SEC rules are stronger.

I think Dormady is under center after the first series in the second half. If we can't take care of business with BG, then we have bigger issues than what color unis to wear this year.

Agree we do have issues if we can't take care of BG (Which we will handle easily IMO). The only time you will see Dormady (or another QB, Not sold that Dormady will be the first one in unless Butch is Redshirting Jones, but that's another thread) is when we are up by 35+ or in an the extreme case of an injury, God forbid that would really ruin our season, we can go as far as Dobbs can take us. Freshmen QBs won't be able to deliver the hype this season has been projected to be.

Agree we do have issues if we can't take care of BG (Which we will handle easily IMO). The only time you will see Dormady (or another QB, Not sold that Dormady will be the first one in unless Butch is Redshirting Jones, but that's another thread) is when we are up by 35+ or in an the extreme case of an injury, God forbid that would really ruin our season, we can go as far as Dobbs can take us. Freshmen QBs won't be able to deliver the hype this season has been projected to be.

We should be leading comfortably to start the second half of the BG game. And in order to keep starters as healthy and fresh as possible, I would suspect we'll see a lot of the younger guys early in the second half.

Reactions: 2 people
We should be leading comfortably to start the second half of the BG game. And in order to keep starters as healthy and fresh as possible, I would suspect we'll see a lot of the younger guys early in the second half.

Yep, sure hope so. Second half reps would have value to our starters, but would be pure gold to our backups, most especially the true freshmen in the second string. Would be really great to see Dormady get almost two full quarters running the O. :good!:

I would be OK with smokey for the OK game. If we do that I would like to either checker Neyland or do a smoke out. I think with grey in the stands would look kinda cool with the smokey unis. Don't know for sure if I would want to get away from Orange in the stands tho.

i completely agree with keeping the Starters fress but they are going to need some more time to become more aquainted with the playbook in a real game situation. So i would bet you see most starter, atleast Dobbs for most of the 3rd quarter (2-3 series minimum). I just don't see the # 2 QB playing that long (2 whole quarters) no matter which Freshman it is...my bet is it probably will be Dormady because Jones will likely Redshirt, unless the coaches see Dormady as the long term option after Dobbs which case we'll see Jones so that Dormady can Redshirt. I personally think it will be Jones and Guarantano (Spelling?) who are the 2 shooting for the QB job after Dobbs in 2017.

i completely agree with keeping the Starters fress but they are going to need some more time to become more aquainted with the playbook in a real game situation. So i would bet you see most starter, atleast Dobbs for most of the 3rd quarter (2-3 series minimum). I just don't see the # 2 QB playing that long (2 whole quarters) no matter which Freshman it is...my bet is it probably will be Dormady because Jones will likely Redshirt, unless the coaches see Dormady as the long term option after Dobbs which case we'll see Jones so that Dormady can Redshirt. I personally think it will be Jones and Guarantano (Spelling?) who are the 2 shooting for the QB job after Dobbs in 2017.

While I understand the point you are making, keep in mind there isn't a starter on the offense that didn't start last year. And the playbook isn't new - just improved or expanded so to speak. I don't think they'll put in the second string QB and allow him to run wild, but rather get him acclimated and comfortable in real game action while managing the game (ie there will be a lot of run plays). But getting the second-string players some quality reps will pay huge dividends for the team moving forward. And keeping the #1s fresh and healthy for the Oklahoma matchup is invaluable.

Those unis are sharp. Maybe ou will wear their new alternate uniforms which I think are awesome. They're the ones they wore against West Virginia if you want to look it up
2ac8f52537eb82d1a280d30902133909.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
While I understand the point you are making, keep in mind there isn't a starter on the offense that didn't start last year. And the playbook isn't new - just improved or expanded so to speak. I don't think they'll put in the second string QB and allow him to run wild, but rather get him acclimated and comfortable in real game action while managing the game (ie there will be a lot of run plays). But getting the second-string players some quality reps will pay huge dividends for the team moving forward. And keeping the #1s fresh and healthy for the Oklahoma matchup is invaluable.

I agree keeping them fresh for the Oklahoma game is very important to our success, but I don't feel we will see the QB especially that much, maybe 5-6 series after it is out of had and you may see multiple QBs depending on the Redshirt situation possible see Jennings too. But if we are depending on any of our freshmen QBs to contribute this year we are in for a world of hurt. Not a single one of them has shown that they can be trusted with the team as the Offensive leader. Lets just pray it is all garbage time and the reps are meaningless to this season. Go Vols!!!

We're going to put her back ups in after we blow them out the first half Go vols The wheels going to fall off the wagon that night

We are going to beat Oklahoma so bad that they're going to put in their third string cheerleaders because the first two sets are going to be so embarrassed that stadium is going to freaking explode

I'm also speaking this and I love looking back at my post because I left my butt off but screw Oklahoma they tried to make a statement last year everyone has face it all for us while we have been down and now it's our time to put a foot in their arse

Headlines after game vols Hurd too heavy for Oklahoma's wagons I guess it's just Camara Alvin that is coming back around and booooooom

VN Store

Back