Oklahoma; Smoke The Sooners

Checkering Neyland with Orange and White and wearing smokey gray uniforms does not make sense. If we're going to checker Neyland, let's show Orange and White on the field

Totally agree with this.
And, the one time a year that we wear the All Orange should be against Vandy and Kentucky since their fans love our color :no: so much....lol
All fans should be encouraged to wear Orange also for that game. An Orange out!
:popcorn:

Checkering Neyland with Orange and White and wearing smokey gray uniforms does not make sense. If we're going to checker Neyland, let's show Orange and White on the field

I'm with you Magic. I like the grays, but orange and white or all orange makes more sense if you checker Neyland.

We can wear the grays another time. I want to be in Orange and White not gray. Don't get me wrong I like the grays but I want them to debut against Arkansas. Just me personally.

I say NO! Lets worry about football for this game and nothing else. We need to win some games before we break them out. I feel like these players should prove they can win in orange before they break out the grey. Prove that you are good enough to break the losing streak in grey before you add to the grey losing streak.

I'm excited for the game. I actually like OU, I spent a lot of time out there when I was young every summer. Some of the nicest people, and some really cool places. Little towns with interesting stories and people.

That being said, hope Vols kick some Sooner butt.

Reactions: 2 people
Since Bama doesn't have the sack to do it anymore, I'd like to see us wear home orange jerseys and OU wear their red jerseys.

And Checker Neyland for OU or Arky, smokey grays are for UGA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Why dont we just go out there in our ORANGE and WHITE and kick there azz all the way back to Oklahoma, just plain and simple, just put a old fashion TENNESSEE AZZ WHIPPING ON THEM, and run them out of town. we are TENNESSEE THE BIG ORANGE, I AM READY TO SEE US JUST PUT A OLD FASHION AZZ KICKING ON OKLAHOMA.:bottom:

I just don't think UT will start the season off ranked.

I think you'll be surprised, then, sir.

Since Bama doesn't have the sack to do it anymore, I'd like to see us wear home orange jerseys and OU wear their red jerseys.

And Checker Neyland, smokey grays are for UGA.

Yes, Triad, nice thinking!

Or how about this:

Orange & White with checkerboard Neyland for Oklahoma (they wear traditional away Unis to add to the "white" hehe)...

Grey-out vs Arkansas (they in traveling whites, too).

Orange-on-Red with Georgia when they come calling...since Bama won't, pick another annual rival to Crayola the field with. (has to be a home-and-home agreement, we get to Crayola their stadium too)

:good!:

All that needs to be said

When Stoops has nightmares following this game I want it to be of a team clad in vivid orange

I agree. I like the Smokey gray unis but OU coming to Knoxville on a nationally televised game we should be in our TN ORANGE.

If we win that game, its going to be a HUGE statement to the nation. Do we really want to make that statement in alternate grays?

I don't care what we wear as long as we kick that SOONER AZZZZZ!!!!!!!! GBO VFL

Sooners will remember the Orange & White for some time to come, no smoking, please.

I agree. I like the Smokey gray unis but OU coming to Knoxville on a nationally televised game we should be in our TN ORANGE.

I agree as well. OU is a top 10 program rich in their own traditions, I say we stick with traditional colors for this game and I bet their fans would also agree.

BTW, their fans were bummed our band didn't make the trip to Norman last year, they wanted to here Rocky Top. Hope they get their fill this year!

I'm for a checker Neyland promotion. I'd rather save the smokey greys for Georgia or Arkansas. I'm fairly confident that 1 or 2 of those games will be at night.

And I do believe that a checker Neyland promotion will kickstart soon for the OU game. Most seem to want that game.

Last edited:
I don't care about the colors..I just want to see about 3 timeouts and 4 or 5 false starts due to crowd noise. Let the world see once again why Neyland is the best college football venue in the country.

I don't care about the colors..I just want to see about 3 timeouts and 4 or 5 false starts due to crowd noise. Let the world see once again why Neyland is the best college football venue in the country.

Going grey or checkerboarding is fun for the fans. We gotta get past who the opposition is, they don't matter it's all about the VOLS! This is the year to "GET LOUD". It impacts the game. GO VOLS!

As it pertains to your band not being in Norman......I have read numerous posts by Vol fans raving about their experience in Norman but the one negative was the opinion that our band sucked.

Actually, what you saw in Norman that represented the "Pride of Oklahoma" did suck but you have to understand the circumstances. Our band director had left a couple of years ago and a new director was appointed and the process was purely political. Over the course of the two years as director, he literally gutted a band that had been a 300 strong past winner of the Sudler Cup and the possessor of the 3rd ranked pre game in college football behind Michigan and TOSU. Our band became a shell of it's former self and it got so bad that high schools in the area would not recommend that their students play in the 'Pride". Now, our former director has returned and hopefully we will travel the entire 300 strong "Pride of Oklahoma". Probably not, we traveled a 100 piece pep band to Tuscaloosa. Sooners are as proud of "The Pride of Oklahoma as you are of "The Pride of the Southland Band".

Need orange and smokey checkerborad in the stands then come out in the smokey grays the atmosphear would be wild if not insane...

VN Store

Back