Oh, South Carolina...

A team that you’ve beaten by a margin of 6 and 3 points in the last two games played is not a team you want to give bulletin board material to

I didn't realize how close this game's been the last half-dozen years. Only a 3.33 point margin of victory in the past six seasons.

Thanks!

Chris

SCjr has the worst mascot in the SEC, hell in the entire NCAA. I was at the game in 2014 when Dobbs led that awesome comeback. I am trying to make it back this year.

SCjr has the worst mascot in the SEC, hell in the entire NCAA. I was at the game in 2014 when Dobbs led that awesome comeback. I am trying to make it back this year.

Probably best to stick with the SEC.

I mean, there's a PAC team that has a tree as a mascot. And one in the B10 with an acorn.

:)

Reactions: volwindy
I'm sure we have scheduled USCjr as a homecoming opponent in the past. So they may feel this is payback of a sort. My hope is our vols make them regret it to the tune of a 25+ blowout. It's not that Ihave any special hate for them, it's that I like it when our boys humilate opponents. OK, I admit it, I'm speaking from pent up battered Vols frustration and I just want to see us kill some SEC teams. Beating them isn't enough for me right now, I'm in a murder and mayhem mood, got a search and destroy, scorched earth and plunder attitude. NO! I'm not apologizing. https://media.giphy.com/media/13w1maZTs0m2c0/giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: VolAllen
The SEC's mascots go kind of like this, from best to worst:

TIER 1 - Awesome:
  • Smokey is da bomb
  • Reveille, A&M's alternate mascot is way cooler than their main mascot (what's an Aggie?)
  • Volunteer is our primary mascot, and he's cool, but Smokey is even cooler
  • War Eagle may be Auburn's alternate mascot, but it's definitely the coolest of the two
TIER 2 - Good Ones:
  • Wildcat, kinda like a Tiger, but there's only one Wildcat so he gets to go first
  • Tiger (LSU version) - points off for unoriginality #1
  • Tiger (Auburn version) - points off for unoriginality #2
  • Tiger (Mizzou version) - points off for unoriginality #3
TIER 3 - Meh down to Headscratchers:
  • Razorback is okay, I wouldn't want it as a mascot, but it's okay
  • Rebel is historic, even if not politically correct in this hypercharged era
  • Bulldog (Miss St version) - points off for unoriginality #4
  • Bulldog (UGa version) - points off for unoriginality #5
  • Aggie, not sure what that is
  • Elephant, Bama's alternate mascot may be meh, but it's better than a wave of red water
TIER 4 - Awful:
  • Commodore, Vandy should be the Checkbooks (that's all Mr. Vanderbilt was to the school, really, he never even visited Nashville)
  • Crimson Tide, I mean, what the hell even is this?
  • Landshark is downright nightmarish for kids
  • Gamecock heh, they didn't think this one through
Is how I'd stack them, anyway.

Last edited:
Probably best to stick with the SEC.

I mean, there's a PAC team that has a tree as a mascot. And one in the B10 with an acorn.

:)

I could deal with a tree, acorn, purple pounders (Central H.S. in Chatt), even the poca dots(WV h.s.) before a gamecock.

Not thinking it through is an understatement. Any mascot that would require it's fans to say "I love the gamecocks" without the "game" in a public setting, is bad and I don't care who you are.

I am probably a little biased because I live in the territory and see how dumb it is on a daily basis. Last week, I saw a dude driving a truck with "cock life" across the back glass.....not thinking it through???

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I could deal with a tree, acorn, purple pounders (Central H.S. in Chatt), even the poca dots(WV h.s.) before a gamecock.

Not thinking it through is an understatement. Any mascot that would require it's fans to say "I love the gamecocks" without the "game" in a public setting, is bad and I don't care who you are.

I am probably a little biased because I live in the territory and see how dumb it is on a daily basis. Last week, I saw a dude driving a truck with "cock life" across the back glass.....not thinking it through???

I love the dudes wearing hats with just “cocks” across it. Those are my favorite lol.

Luckily for our D-backs, Jake Bentley’s favorite thing to do in the whole wide world is throw interceptions. :)

I also think we are catching them at the right time. It seems as tho the fan base over there is starting to develop a pretty wide rift in it in regards to Muschamp. One side thinks he’s doing great. The other’s think he should have been fired after losing to Kentucky for the 5th time. They were openly booing Bentley during the A&M game. Maybe if we can grab a turnover or two they will start booing him again and start pouring out of the exits.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Before the season started. Did any of us see us beating SCjr this year as a real possibility? It’s awesome what Pruitt is Already doing for our beloved Vols!

Oh come on! I see no issue with that. :D

I love the dudes wearing hats with just “cocks” across it. Those are my favorite lol.

I love that one!

The SEC's mascots go kind of like this, from best to worst:

TIER 1 - Awesome:
  • Smokey is da bomb
  • Reveille, A&M's alternate mascot is way cooler than their main mascot (what's an Aggie?)
  • Volunteer is our primary mascot, and he's cool, but Smokey is even cooler
  • War Eagle may be Auburn's alternate mascot, but it's definitely the coolest of the two
TIER 2 - Good Ones:
  • Wildcat, kinda like a Tiger, but there's only one Wildcat so he gets to go first
  • Tiger (LSU version) - points off for unoriginality #1
  • Tiger (Auburn version) - points off for unoriginality #2
  • Tiger (Mizzou version) - points off for unoriginality #3
TIER 3 - Meh down to Headscratchers:
  • Razorback is okay, I wouldn't want it as a mascot, but it's okay
  • Rebel is historic, even if not politically correct in this hypercharged era
  • Bulldog (Miss St version) - points off for unoriginality #4
  • Bulldog (UGa version) - points off for unoriginality #5
  • Aggie, not sure what that is
  • Elephant, Bama's alternate mascot may be meh, but it's better than a wave of red water
TIER 4 - Awful:
  • Commodore, Vandy should be the Checkbooks (that's all Mr. Vanderbilt was to the school, really, he never even visited Nashville)
  • Crimson Tide, I mean, what the hell even is this?
  • Landshark is downright nightmarish for kids
  • Gamecock heh, they didn't think this one through
Is how I'd stack them, anyway.

I say any of the teams with unoriginal/duplicate mascots SEC or not, are automatic at the bottom. So tigers and dogs are at the bottom for me.

Well. . . you know, it depends on who's saying it.

images

VN Store

Back