Official Xbox discussion thread

Link it to me. I’m using an old $150 thrust master and it’s time to upgrade

I don’t like it either. I’d rather upgrades be with credits like horizon, that way nothings all tied to one car.
I got a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT wheel and upgraded T-LCM pedals I would give you. Not sure how I could get them to you. You don't live in SC by chance.

Reactions: Freak
Nice, I am in the Charleston area and I go to the Asheville area quite a bit. If you are in my area hit me up and we will meet up. I will do the same when I head to Asheville next.
Sounds good. Asheville is only an hour away from me. free any time that isn’t 9-5 usually lol 👍

Link it to me. I’m using an old $150 thrust master and it’s time to upgrade

I don’t like it either. I’d rather upgrades be with credits like horizon, that way nothings all tied to one car.
Fanatec that you can use PS5,PC, and Xbox with different wheel. Gran Turismo DD Pro (8 Nm)

Moza makes great wheels too, but dont think they are compatible with PS5 yet.

Sounds good. Asheville is only an hour away from me. free any time that isn’t 9-5 usually lol 👍
We will get it figured out. I usually travel during business hours but sometimes I head back early Sunday morning. Probably easiest to meet on some exit off I-26. If you have any friends/relatives in my area I have no problem meeting them to give them the pedals and wheel as long as I am in town and if have someone going your direction I will do the same.. VN needs a private message function so we don't clog up the message board.

Is it safe to buy an used game console off ebay? Are you taking a chance on being sent junk?

Didn't want to go through all the pages.... Has anyone ever replaced the hard drive in their Xbox one? Mine is periodically just crashing or going insanely slow. Done the hard reset. Using an external SSD which has helped. But would like to just replace the internal hard drive.

Hard? Easy? I'm like a 7 out of 10 on tech savviness

Didn't want to go through all the pages.... Has anyone ever replaced the hard drive in their Xbox one? Mine is periodically just crashing or going insanely slow. Done the hard reset. Using an external SSD which has helped. But would like to just replace the internal hard drive.

Hard? Easy? I'm like a 7 out of 10 on tech savviness
Time for an upgrade

I’m not fully understanding the hate for Starfield out there. Sounds like everyone here is enjoying it. I’m 18ish hours in and have my gripes (it’s Bethesda, there’s always going to be annoying stuff), but I honestly really like it so far. Maybe we’re all just a bunch of basic dads who aren’t that picky about games. 😂

Reactions: alwaysvol
I’m not fully understanding the hate for Starfield out there. Sounds like everyone here is enjoying it. I’m 18ish hours in and have my gripes (it’s Bethesda, there’s always going to be annoying stuff), but I honestly really like it so far. Maybe we’re all just a bunch of basic dads who aren’t that picky about games. 😂

I finished the game awhile back, and these are my thoughts.

I really enjoyed the journey, but some of the big quests were kind of a let down at the end.

I had alot of fun with the ship building, (probably my favorite part of the game) but at the end it had me wanting more. the placement of doors and ladders was really frustrating at times. I ultimately found a 2 story cockpit that fixed the ladder problem, but doors still placed weird.

my biggest let down was the settlement system (or maybe I just didn't get it). hopefully patches or modders can fix.

with that said once the DLC comes out, I will play it again. I finished the game early , and left a few quest lines barely started.

Its fun for about 80 hours. and then you realize all of the "random" encounters/dungeons are EXACTLY the same. so when you are done with the main storylines its exactly the same encounters each time.

I have also been locked out of a number of the bigger side quests, and can't figure out how to fix them. all the guides haven't worked so far.

I tried it out on Xbox Series X. Honestly, it feels to me like a relic of a bygone era. Starfield would've been impressive to me in 2013 but in 2023, a lot of the design choices seem antiquated by modern standards. Even more so on Xbox where it only runs at 30fps. The character models, the dialogue, the constant loading, the clunky inventory management, etc. It just feels antiquated in so many ways. I know a lot of Bethesda fans will defend it and say "well that's just Bethesda and it's part of their charm." To that I say bull$hit. Studios can't level up and improve? We've seen studios evolve significantly with each game, each generation. Starfield just feels stagnant in so many ways. Compare New Atlantis in Starfield to say, Night City in Cyberpunk 2077. Night City feels so "alive" compared to New Atlantis where it feels so empty and sterile.

I tried it out on Xbox Series X. Honestly, it feels to me like a relic of a bygone era. Starfield would've been impressive to me in 2013 but in 2023, a lot of the design choices seem antiquated by modern standards. Even more so on Xbox where it only runs at 30fps. The character models, the dialogue, the constant loading, the clunky inventory management, etc. It just feels antiquated in so many ways. I know a lot of Bethesda fans will defend it and say "well that's just Bethesda and it's part of their charm." To that I say bull$hit. Studios can't level up and improve? We've seen studios evolve significantly with each game, each generation. Starfield just feels stagnant in so many ways. Compare New Atlantis in Starfield to say, Night City in Cyberpunk 2077. Night City feels so "alive" compared to New Atlantis where it feels so empty and sterile.
Tbf, I only recently got an Xbox and it’s my first non-nintendo console since the 360. I haven’t gamed a ton over the last several years, so I don’t have the context to say something feels dated. My standards legitimately probably aren’t as high as someone who games more.

Its fun for about 80 hours. and then you realize all of the "random" encounters/dungeons are EXACTLY the same. so when you are done with the main storylines its exactly the same encounters each time.

I have also been locked out of a number of the bigger side quests, and can't figure out how to fix them. all the guides haven't worked so far.
It got old for me after not even 20 hours. And I really wanted to like this game. But I just could not get into it. I'm replaying RDR2 now and it's amazing how much better it is. I didn't like how they did the planets, I didn't like ship combat, and I didn't like most of the quests I actually did.

It got old for me after not even 20 hours. And I really wanted to like this game. But I just could not get into it. I'm replaying RDR2 now and it's amazing how much better it is. I didn't like how they did the planets, I didn't like ship combat, and I didn't like most of the quests I actually did.
Yeah RDR2 is a phenomenal game! I'm still hoping that Rockstar does a PS5/XSX port so we can get it at 4K/60fps. It's really hard for me to go back to 30fps games. I've been spoiled all this gen playing everything at 60 and even 120fps in some cases.

RDR2 is a remarkable game. Graphics hold up against anlmost any next gen game and the story is so well written. I typically prefer that RPG’s let me create my own character, but Arthur Morgan is an exception to that. One of the greatest video game characters ever.

VN Store

Back