Official Xbox discussion thread

He was saying it was through Stroud, and that you had to do some more of the main storyline to unlock it. I dont think its part of the main storyline, just that its unlocked after some more missions. I think he also said you get something from Vanguard.

he also pointed out the Mantis mission, but I have already done that.

I’ll look into the Stroud stuff. I don’t know what this Mantis mission is but will look into it, too.

I’ll look into the Stroud stuff. I don’t know what this Mantis mission is but will look into it, too.
You should get the Mantis mission pretty early. when you fight spacers be on the look out for some of their notes. once you listen to the right one, can't remember the name ATM, it will activate the quest. You do fight some high level enemies, but you can probably work through it after level 10.

unless you are one of the crazy youtubers who did it level 1.

*googled the Stroud mission its activated after the main storyline mission "A High Price to Pay" which is pretty far down the main storyline.

Last edited:
Anybody had MORE issues lately than before? Their patch broke some things for me. Nothing gameplay related, thankfully.

1. A sound glitch where my companions weapon will continue to make the firing sound even after a gun fight. Continues until they shoot at the next enemy. This is the most annoying one.
2. Chameleon makes the users head disappear. Kinda weird having a mostly headless Andreja following me.
3. Ship ghosting. In third person after any type of boosting the game will sometimes create a ghost image of the ship and leave it there. Also happens during take offs but thankfully that's just a cutscene. But annoying during combat, thankfully I cant lock on or anything to those ghosts in combat.

Anybody had MORE issues lately than before? Their patch broke some things for me. Nothing gameplay related, thankfully.

1. A sound glitch where my companions weapon will continue to make the firing sound even after a gun fight. Continues until they shoot at the next enemy. This is the most annoying one.
2. Chameleon makes the users head disappear. Kinda weird having a mostly headless Andreja following me.
3. Ship ghosting. In third person after any type of boosting the game will sometimes create a ghost image of the ship and leave it there. Also happens during take offs but thankfully that's just a cutscene. But annoying during combat, thankfully I cant lock on or anything to those ghosts in combat.
None of those for me (as of right now). I was having crashing issues, but that has severely decreased now. Could have been a GPU driver issue, too.

Working on Sarah Morgan’s personal quest line at the moment. Next is Sam Coe. Have a lot more ship compartment space has been huge.

Liking Starfield. Lots of interesting subplots, if you do the different faction storylines. Up to level 61 now. I probably spent 50% of my time in ship builder making different ships.
All the time spent doing all of the different side quests and getting the companions to loyal (as well as all that time spent building ships) felt kind of like a waste considering that you lose everything when you go to NG+, and the entire point of the game is to get to NG+ 10. I have basically just been playing main storyline after hitting NG+ because spending more time on other things seems a waste.

I need to do more side quests because I'm about 80 hours in and only at level 41. I evidently have more exploring to do. I have two main missions left and I'm trying to stay away from them.

Dang guys I’m just lvl 32. What’s the quickest way you all have found for leveling up?
I am in the same spot. I think I just hit 33. I know a lot of the guides tell you to sleep every time you leave your ship for a 10% XP boost. but even that is only an extra level every 10.

has anyone else had the companions that aren't following you start to hang out in the Well part of the Constellation lodge? Barret, Sarah, and Andreja, all like to hang out there in the muck. Sam Coe got loose in the city somewhere, and I am not sure where to find him at any given moment. quiet weird.

I am thinking its a bug because I need to advance the storyline.

Reactions: Pennheel
I am in the same spot. I think I just hit 33. I know a lot of the guides tell you to sleep every time you leave your ship for a 10% XP boost. but even that is only an extra level every 10.

has anyone else had the companions that aren't following you start to hang out in the Well part of the Constellation lodge? Barret, Sarah, and Andreja, all like to hang out there in the muck. Sam Coe got loose in the city somewhere, and I am not sure where to find him at any given moment. quiet weird.

I am thinking its a bug because I need to advance the storyline.

Just built my first ship. Followed the blueprint of someone else and built a good SR-71 Blackbird clone. Really cool and even though the game says it has poor maneuverability I don’t think so. Couldn’t buy all of the parts the blueprint uses as I will need to level up more, but it’s really cool. Took a ton of credits, but definitely worth it.

Sad you can’t just make your own ammo in this game like in Fallout. There are probably mods for that now which will have to wait because I at least want to make it through the story first before adding in mods.

Edit: I saw that Bethesda is going to officially add a “Eat” option for food that you find. QoL improvement for sure.

Reactions: Pennheel
Just built my first ship. Followed the blueprint of someone else and built a good SR-71 Blackbird clone. Really cool and even though the game says it has poor maneuverability I don’t think so. Couldn’t buy all of the parts the blueprint uses as I will need to level up more, but it’s really cool. Took a ton of credits, but definitely worth it.

Sad you can’t just make your own ammo in this game like in Fallout. There are probably mods for that now which will have to wait because I at least want to make it through the story first before adding in mods.

Edit: I saw that Bethesda is going to officially add a “Eat” option for food that you find. QoL improvement for sure.
haven't built anything from scratch, just modified ships I have. I need to watch one of the guides because I have seen several that at least suggest you can control which connection points get the ladders/doors. I am pretty happy with the one I have now. its ugly, but functionally very good. up to starship designer lvl 3.

haven't built anything from scratch, just modified ships I have. I need to watch one of the guides because I have seen several that at least suggest you can control which connection points get the ladders/doors. I am pretty happy with the one I have now. its ugly, but functionally very good. up to starship designer lvl 3.

I grinded for Starship Design 4 and then Piloting 4. Now I’ve been focusing on outpost stuff. I need to get other things but I figured if I can get the resource flow going now then it’ll be easy to get suite and weapon enhancements easier later.

Last edited:
ran into my first, non-crash game-breaking glitch. I got stuck doing some lock picking.

also I was able to get the Crimson Fleet mission without being arrested during the main storyline. I got it after completing the Vanguard mission.

It's so good. Not a fan of the upgrade system this time, but the driving is fantastic. I am using a Fanatec DD Pro and it drives like a dream.
Link it to me. I’m using an old $150 thrust master and it’s time to upgrade

I don’t like it either. I’d rather upgrades be with credits like horizon, that way nothings all tied to one car.

VN Store

Back