Official Xbox discussion thread

RDR2 is a remarkable game. Graphics hold up against anlmost any next gen game and the story is so well written. I typically prefer that RPG’s let me create my own character, but Arthur Morgan is an exception to that. One of the greatest video game characters ever.
I played it when it first came out but only made it 30% into the story. I think some other game came out and I didn't have time play as much as I wanted. Anyway I started over and I'm having a blast. It definitely holds up well, plays incredibly well on XSX. Almost halfway through the story now.

Evidently MS is going 3rd party (sort of). Three current Xbox exclusives are heavily rumored to be coming to PlayStation and Nintendo Switch in 2024, HiFi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and the last one is unclear but some say it's Halo Masterchief Collection, others say it's Halo Infinite Multi-player edition. Interesting strategy, if true.

Evidently MS is going 3rd party (sort of). Three current Xbox exclusives are heavily rumored to be coming to PlayStation and Nintendo Switch in 2024, HiFi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and the last one is unclear but some say it's Halo Masterchief Collection, others say it's Halo Infinite Multi-player edition. Interesting strategy, if true.
Seems like the rumors are becoming true. Also Starfield to PS5 and Indiana Jones is said to launch on PS5 with Xbox.

If they bow out of the console race, doesn’t it make spending the GDP of most countries trying to win it kind of embarrassing?

Reactions: Pennheel
At the very least, they'll finish out this generation with the XSS and XSX models. In fact, they are planning on releasing a cylindrical shaped all digital model of the XSX at some point (pictures of it have leaked. It looks like Alexa or a blue tooth speaker).

As for next generation, who knows. Lots of rumors are flying around, saying they are going to outsource their hardware and it won't be a traditional "walled garden" console anymore, but rather more of a universal PC in a box. There's another rumor suggesting they are working on some kind cloud hybrid thing. I don't think MS can abandon hardware altogether because they don't want to lose all their Xbox Game Pass subscribers.

MS is doing this for one simple reason. They aren't getting enough subscribers to Game Pass to subsidize the cost of their game development. And they're not selling enough hardware to grow their subscriber base. On top of that, because they've been pushing Game Pass so much for the last 6 years, putting their exclusive games in their day one, they've conditioned a large portion of their userbase to NOT buy their games anymore. And with the cost of game development going up and up, their current business model is simply not sustainable. Plus, they just spent nearly 80 billion dollars on Activision/Blizzard. They are looking to recoup that as well.

Last edited:
Glad to see Diablo IV coming to XBGP at the end of March. Surprised what they talked about today and very different from what all the rumors were saying.

Glad to see Diablo IV coming to XBGP at the end of March. Surprised what they talked about today and very different from what all the rumors were saying.
after seeing how micro-transaction heavy that game is I would be fine with it dying.

read about a mount-purchase pack that would be more expensive than the base game.

Reactions: Pennheel
Got an Xbox One from my BIL who upgraded to whatever the most recent Xbox is. Spent an entire hour updating and signing into everything, still excited to play the Master Chief collection all over again.

VN Store

Back