Official Tampa Bay Rays Thread

EcRsthsWAAQTI_N

FFS! Typical Rays. Bases loaded, down 6-4 with 1 out. Lazy pop-up by Diaz on a pitch that should still be in orbit. Then a called strike 3 on Renfrow! Swing the friggin' bat!

Managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Jays. If the Jays can keep their young lineup intact and add some pitching they will be in the mix.

Bring on the Braves. Glasnow for the Rays.

It was disconcerting to see Kevin Kiermaier of the Rays hugging teammate Jose Martinez and manager Kevin Cash, as well as high-fiving more than a dozen teammates, after a two-run triple gave Tampa Bay a walk-off win Sunday.

You can understand his emotions getting away from him in a moment such as that. What really alarmed me, though, were Kiermaier’s quotes in the Tampa Bay Times:

“It was a heat-of-the-moment thing for me. I don’t regret it one bit, I really don’t. I knew what I was doing. … I’m one of those guys where I’m trying to do everything in my power to keep myself motivated and the others around me, and I want everyone to always remember how much fun winning is.

“You only have so long to play this game, and I just choose not to let a pandemic or anything totally affect how I go about my business or my attitude or my demeanor. And I just hope it’s a contagious one where those fun times that we have, I hope that everyone is able to have as many of those as possible given the circumstances.”

Yes, Kiermaier really used the word “contagious,” without apparent irony, to describe his demeanor.

It was disconcerting to see Kevin Kiermaier of the Rays hugging teammate Jose Martinez and manager Kevin Cash, as well as high-fiving more than a dozen teammates, after a two-run triple gave Tampa Bay a walk-off win Sunday.

You can understand his emotions getting away from him in a moment such as that. What really alarmed me, though, were Kiermaier’s quotes in the Tampa Bay Times:

“It was a heat-of-the-moment thing for me. I don’t regret it one bit, I really don’t. I knew what I was doing. … I’m one of those guys where I’m trying to do everything in my power to keep myself motivated and the others around me, and I want everyone to always remember how much fun winning is.

“You only have so long to play this game, and I just choose not to let a pandemic or anything totally affect how I go about my business or my attitude or my demeanor. And I just hope it’s a contagious one where those fun times that we have, I hope that everyone is able to have as many of those as possible given the circumstances.”

Yes, Kiermaier really used the word “contagious,” without apparent irony, to describe his demeanor.

Reactions: tntar heel
Rays can't buy a break tonight. Down 2-1 in the 9th. Martinez just smoked one to deep left only to have it snared.

22-5 in the last 27. I still can't figure out if I like the extra innings rule of a guy starting on 2nd.

The Rays are hot!

They do this in the minors with the intent that games will be decided quicker. No 17 inning games....

The Rays are hot!

They do this in the minors with the intent that games will be decided quicker. No 17 inning games....
I understand the rationale. I guess I'm just trying to get used to the change. LOL. I know I like it better than blowing all your bullpen arms and then having a position player pitch. It can screw you for your next series as well.

Rays up 1-0. Great outing by Snell. Not the 4 inning 100 pitch performance. He looked great!

I’ve been a Yankee fan since I was a kid growing up in NYC.
But I live in Tampa now and I’m also a Rays fan.
I hope they win it all this year. It would be a good thing in the 2020 COVID-20 world.

I thought when they announced a 60 game regular season with no fans the Rays were the team to beat. They have great pitching all around, great D, enough O and are used to playing in an empty stadium.

This is the most Tampa Season ever! The Lightning win the Cup, the Rays are in the WS, and the Bucs are playing well with Brady....and no one can go watch them!

Reactions: volmanbill and MAD
I've been on pins and needles all day. Tons of Rays gear around the neighborhood today. 1st game is crucial!

VN Store

Back