*****Official NSD Thread 2017 updated as the commits come in

They said the gators had a bad recruiting year but they jumped to 12th and we fell to 15th, but if you really want to feel bad take a look at bama class 7-5 stars and 17- 4 stars, this is there best class yet he got a QB that can beat out there freshmen QB this year.

Discussing blowing the lead to the Sooners at home would be beating a dead horse. But dropping from the #9 to the #14 recruiting class on nsd is a pretty recent event. I think it's fair discussion game. Especially when Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Miami, and even SCAR rose in ranking today. We went to the opposite way...

That's something that just happened but people have been *****ing about this recruiting class for months and everyone that followed it knew we were likely to drop to around 14 today because of our class already being pretty much full while others where likely to add big commits today. It's about as unsurprising as news can get.

Reactions: 1 person
That's something that just happened but people have been *****ing about this recruiting class for months and everyone that followed it knew we were likely to drop to around 14 today because of our class already being pretty much full while others where likely to add big commits today. It's about as unsurprising as news can get.

We didnt land a single recruit today last year we fliped Byrd from miam got KONGO and 2 wide outs if you dont get a recruit on NSD you will drop like a rock in water i thought we might fall to the late teens we are lucky to stay in the top 20. WE GOT TO HAVE A TOP 5 OR 6 CLASS IN 18 or the ship has sailed on this coaching staff.:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 1 person
We didnt land a single recruit today last year we fliped Byrd from miam got KONGO and 2 wide outs if you dont get a recruit on NSD you will drop like a rock in water i thought we might fall to the late teens we are lucky to stay in the top 20. WE GOT TO HAVE A TOP 5 OR 6 CLASS IN 18 or the ship has sailed on this coaching staff.:eek:hmy:

Last I saw, we weren't really expected to have any surprises today which is the point I was making. Some people were overly optimistic about the 3 DL options but none of them was really leaning our direction. At the end of the day, it doesn't make any difference if a player commits on NSD or months before. It matters who you get and how they play the next 3-5 years.

Who am I excited about?

Offense: Obviously excited for Smith and Chandler, but Jordan Murphy's highlights show a lot of potential.

Defense: Bumphus, Ignont, Bennett, Labruzza, and Bailey

And glad Locklear's already on campus

I do think that our DB's will take a step forward next season with the coaching change. So I guess I'm more of a 55% negavol?
Yep.. anything less than 100% orange blinded your a negavol..

Yep.. anything less than 100% orange blinded your a negavol..

This is really not true. I don't think anyone is dancing with joy about this class. Do I try to put a positive spin on it? Probably. But, I have seen very few people on here since midseason who are happy with the state of this recruiting class.

Who am I excited about?

Offense: Obviously excited for Smith and Chandler, but Jordan Murphy's highlights show a lot of potential.

Defense: Bumphus, Ignont, Bennett, Labruzza, and Bailey

And glad Locklear's already on campus

I do think that our DB's will take a step forward next season with the coaching change. So I guess I'm more of a 55% negavol?

You just pick anyone who is a 5.8 or above on Rivals? Also, Bumphus is a TE. Come around the RF more and you'd have known that months ago.

IMHO...the crap folks been spewing, negatives about the coaches and players, creates a toxic environment for recruiting. I saw that with Phillip Fulmer, and it continues today. Granted Bama performs, Clemson performs, and they are the top teams. It is a critical time for Butch to beat LSU, South Carolina, Florida, Georgias and the Kentuckys and Vandys in the league regularly or gains made up to now are going to start slipping. I like these recruits and the staff did a dang good job fitting and building. I wish we had picked up Ray, but Smith and others are really good. Let's get some spring work for the EEs and hope for a stronger team this fall. Go Big Orange.

Reactions: 2 people
Many of the negative posts are regurgitations of stuff that has been beaten to death, yet more and more "realists" who are "calling it like I see it,"

Same principle for all the sunshine posts. Glad you are in your happy place. For now.

Historically, President Trump would have grabbed a lot of people in this thread.

That is all.

If this was Trump's recruiting class, here would have been the tweets

Tweet 1

"We signed 1-1.5 million 5* star players today. Mainstream liberal recruiting media not reporting this. Rivals ranking of #14 is an alternative fact. This class is Yuuuge!!! Believe me!"

Tweet 2

"Alabama signed only 6 5* players. Remainder was 3 and 4 stars. Even signed one 2 star. Investigating ranking fraud! Sad!"

Reactions: 2 people
If this was Trump's recruiting class, here would have been the tweets

Tweet 1

"We signed 1-1.5 million 5* star players today. Mainstream liberal recruiting media not reporting this. Rivals ranking of #14 is an alternative fact. This class is Yuuuge!!! Believe me!"

Tweet 2

"Alabama signed only 6 5* players. Remainder was 3 and 4 stars. Even signed one 2 star. Investigating ranking fraud! Sad!"

The Snowflakes are melting everywhere.:)

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back