Official Non Gruden Thread

That’s just my opinion. I think if he was a home run hire he wouldn’t be in Starkville still. He hasn’t been offered a better job(that we know of) even after getting them to #1 a few years ago.

Its all opinions man, who the hell really knows. All we can do is hope.

Reactions: 1 person
which is funny, because i think most of the people talking Mullen, self included, would take 2-4 guys ahead of him.

including gruden.

it's the polyana, kumbaayah nature of the "only positive replies allowed" that's annoying. the stfu, gtfo schtick is just dumb.

only come over here if you're going to blow smoke up my azz, otherwise, gtfo. :eek:lol:

Dont hate me but I wouldn't take such a huge risk with JG. Maybe I am part of the smoke screen though 😉.

which is funny, because i think most of the people talking Mullen, self included, would take 2-4 guys ahead of him.

including gruden.

it's the polyana, kumbaayah nature of the "only positive replies allowed" that's annoying. the stfu, gtfo schtick is just dumb.

only come over here if you're going to blow smoke up my azz, otherwise, gtfo. :eek:lol:

That's not entirely accurate.

Reactions: 3 people
Do any of ypu believe that Mullen could win a national championship? Not the SEC east or the SEC championship but National.

Is anyone at the report keeping watch out? Game time is perfect cover. Or maybe the bus station for mullen?

Dont hate me but I wouldn't take such a huge risk with JG. Maybe I am part of the smoke screen though😉.

nah, to each his own. i think JG has some risk too.

but if there is a legit chance to get him, and he is to our administration and top boosters, their nick saban, then you do what you gotta do to get him.

doesn't mean he's coming.

but i'd love to see him on our sidelines. i think it'd be cool, and if he had the right support staff, and he would, he'd be able to be the ultimate closer in recruiting, and be a coach.

and i just don't think the x's and o's of it would be a problem.

Reactions: 2 people
Where does everyone land on hiring Cut with a staff full of VFLs? Maybe with Tee as coach in waiting. Not saying that’s what I want just asking what others thoughts are

Nope. Cut is not that good of a coach. We should be able to do much better. The only way Cut should be considered is if we whiff on our first 7-8 candidates.

Why Miles? He couldnt win at LSU. What makes you think he could actually develop a QB and win here?

I disagree with him not winning at LSU..He was 114-34 overall and 62-28 in the toughest division in college football.If not for Saban being at Ala,who rarely loses he would have won even more and willing to bet would have had more than 1 NC. And he did that without good QB play most years. I have no idea why LSU can't get QB's or atleast develop them but they still have that problem this year. If he did that in the West god knows what he could do in the East. There are definitely worst options out there and atleast he's a proven winner. No he's not my top choice by any means but definitely a better option than most of the names I keep seeing pop up. Especially names like Mullen, Strong, Petrino and unproven Coach's or Coordinators with no HC experience like Frost,Norvell, Morris, Tee Martin and JBC. Frost and Norvell may end up being great Coach's but their body of work is so small nobody knows.Plus Frost is gonna be Nebraska's next HC and would bet Norvell ends up at Ark with him and his wife's connection to that state. Neither has even completed their 2nd year as HC's. And Tee isn't even a great OC right now just a great recruiter.

Do any of ypu believe that Mullen could win a national championship? Not the SEC east or the SEC championship but National.

Not imo. I think Mullen will have a difficult time beating Smart on a cnsistent basis. I do think Mullen would win the East maybe once or twice.

yes, i think he could. the challenge is Bama, if you get to the point where that's on the table. you don't have to be undefeated anymore to get a shot at the NT.

so even if you lose to them in the reg season, you still have a shot in the sec title game to get in to the play off.

and once you're there, who knows...

so yeah, i think he could.

There will be no Gruden, those fans are delusional.

100% against Mullen, Brohm, Fleck, and Taggert.

Nobody has a clue one way or the other about Gruden or anyone else who is a legit candidate to be our next HC. All I know is Currie can't miss on this hire.

I disagree with him not winning at LSU..He was 114-34 overall and 62-28 in the toughest division in college football.If not for Saban being at Ala,who rarely loses he would have won even more and willing to bet would have had more than 1 NC. And he did that without good QB play most years. I have no idea why LSU can't get QB's or atleast develop them but they still have that problem this year. If he did that in the West god knows what he could do in the East. There are definitely worst options out there and atleast he's a proven winner. No he's not my top choice by any means but definitely a better option than most of the names I keep seeing pop up. Especially names like Mullen, Strong, Petrino and unproven Coach's or Coordinators with no HC experience like Frost,Norvell, Morris, Tee Martin and JBC. Frost and Norvell may end up being great Coach's but their body of work is so small nobody knows.Plus Frost is gonna be Nebraska's next HC and would bet Norvell ends up at Ark with him and his wife's connection to that state. Neither has even completed their 2nd year as HC's. And Tee isn't even a great OC right now just a great recruiter.

Its sad how some fans bash on Miles. His record, especially conference and against ranked competition, speaks for itself.

nah, to each his own. i think JG has some risk too.

but if there is a legit chance to get him, and he is to our administration and top boosters, their nick saban, then you do what you gotta do to get him.

doesn't mean he's coming.

but i'd love to see him on our sidelines. i think it'd be cool, and if he had the right support staff, and he would, he'd be able to be the ultimate closer in recruiting, and be a coach.

and i just don't think the x's and o's of it would be a problem.

Yeah I agree. It's everything off the football field. College is so different than pro. But yeah I'd love to see him on our sidelines though. But I do see a lot of potential in Mullen. I don't think anyone could do much more at MSU.

Its sad how some fans bash on Miles. His record, especially conference and against ranked competition, speaks for itself.

I read where someone said that Miles couldnt win at LSU. I was like umm yeah he won the SEC and a natty there and many other game's. I respect the guy.

We can just throw names out but it sounds ignorant if you don't know if they have any interest in the Tennessee job at all. I feel if you don't already have a direction to go in that's when you have a search firm do the behind the scenes leg work to see who's interested and to be able to say you never talked to them if they decline interest. That makes me feel Currie already knew where he was going with this search.

yes, i think he could. the challenge is Bama, if you get to the point where that's on the table. you don't have to be undefeated anymore to get a shot at the NT.

so even if you lose to them in the reg season, you still have a shot in the sec title game to get in to the play off.

and once you're there, who knows...

so yeah, i think he could.

Fair enough.

O.K., everybody knows John Currie flew into Tampa this week. Everyone is assuming to talk and sales pitch to
Gruden. Maybe, Currie was in Tampa to talk to Scott Frost about the Tennessee job. Currie would definitely not fly into Orlando (home of UCF) because this would be obvious. Brice has said that John Currie has been vetting Scott Frost. Currie knows volnation is tracking and is trying to throw us off.

VN Store

Back