Official NBA Vols Thread

Kinda surprising that Josh is averaging the least amount of assists so far.

And that Stokes has the least blocks too.
Doesn't surprise me. Josh wasn't known for his PG play/finding open men. I'm surprised he's averaging less than 2 steals a game.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNVyTaa9E7k[/youtube]

He was brought in with a lot of expectations. And if I remember correctly, pg wasn't his natural position.

I don't think anybody expected him to come in and average 20 ppg. He had some rough spots but his year here was good IMO.

I don't think anybody expected him to come in and average 20 ppg. He had some rough spots but his year here was good IMO.

Yeah he had a slow start and ran into a confidence issue. Imo which may have been do in large to growing pains learning his new role. But he was a huge part of the run to end the season.

I'm sure he would've loved to had played a lot better though. And the system just didn't fit him.

Richardson with a nice game tonight. 16-7-3-2blk.

Also had 18 On Friday. Led the team in points both nightS and the Heat are 6-0.

Last edited:
Richardson with a nice game tonight. 16-7-3-2blk.

Also had 18 On Friday. Led the team in points both nightS and the Heat are 6-0.

Gerald Green signing hurt his chances of getting PT. He isn't anything special but still is another person he has to beat out. Sucks.

Gerald Green signing hurt his chances of getting PT. He isn't anything special but still is another person he has to beat out. Sucks.

I would guess he was probably always destined by the heat to be placed on their D League team with random call ups through the year like stokes from last season.

I would guess he was probably always destined by the heat to be placed on their D League team with random call ups through the year like stokes from last season.

That might happen, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. I think Richardson is more ready to contribute immediately (and is just a better NBA player overall) than Stokes was.

That might happen, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. I think Richardson is more ready to contribute immediately (and is just a better NBA player overall) than Stokes was.

Agree as well. Stokes always struggled against length while he was here. What do almost all NBA teams have? Length.

Not a crack on Josh.....the heat has a lot of veteran players ahead of him at the positions he is likely to play...you either have him on the roster playing very limited minutes or retain his rights and let him develop playing big minutes in the developmental league.

Not a crack on Josh.....the heat has a lot of veteran players ahead of him at the positions he is likely to play...you either have him on the roster playing very limited minutes or retain his rights and let him develop playing big minutes in the developmental league.

He will probably be in the D-League until D Wade gets hurt. That's how I see it playing out.

VN Store

Back