Official Nashville Predators Thread

How does it hurt in that situation?

I just don't think it helps, regardless of the situation.

To me, the 6-5 just puts too many bodies in the zone. There's no space to work. I get you want to get traffic and an extra attacker seems logical on paper, but in practice I just don't like it.

Down 3-1, it probably doesn't matter either way, just personally I'm not a fan.

I just don't think it helps, regardless of the situation.

To me, the 6-5 just puts too many bodies in the zone. There's no space to work. I get you want to get traffic and an extra attacker seems logical on paper, but in practice I just don't like it.

Down 3-1, it probably doesn't matter either way, just personally I'm not a fan.

Fair enough.

Who the frick is #33 for the Jets? I think he is the same one that put the hit on Jarnkrok that injured him. He has been dirty this game too.

Nice rebound win.

So can someone explain that off-side? I mean why was Ellis' shot called off since it was the 2nd attempt? I could understand calling off the Turris shot if he had connected but I'm kinda confused on that.

Nice rebound win.

So can someone explain that off-side? I mean why was Ellis' shot called off since it was the 2nd attempt? I could understand calling off the Turris shot if he had connected but I'm kinda confused on that.

You have to tag up when offside. Have to get everyone back into the nuetral zone before you can advance it. The play is dead at that point.

Nice rebound win.

You can challenge for offside no matter the number of shots before the goal is scored (because the play would’ve been blown dead if the refs had correctly called the offside to begin with). The flip side is if you challenge for offside and lose, you get a penalty (obviously this doesn’t matter in OT since the game would’ve ended anyway had the goal been upheld - in OT offside reviews are initiated by the booth, not the opposing coach).

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses still some rules here and there I'm still fuzzy on but getting there. I also saw that they've clinched home ice for the first time in round one.

VN Store

Back